The Future of Entertainment in Bars

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: The Future of Entertainment in Bars

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:20 pm They would not like wearing those speedos in some shopping centre, as no one else does that.
Ever been to Walmart . . . ?
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:44 pm
Jun wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:20 pm They would not like wearing those speedos in some shopping centre, as no one else does that.
Ever been to Walmart . . . ?
OK, so there are always exceptions.
I think there's a even a video of a Thai guy walking around a 7-eleven naked, but as far as I can tell, this is not the norm.

On average, how people are prepared to dress varies according to where they are and what everyone else is doing. Then, in a gogo bar, how much they are paid may also make a difference.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:14 pm in a gogo bar, how much they are paid may also make a difference.
Assuming they are paid at all. I don't know whether this is still done in go-go bars today, but in the past there were several go-go bars - beer bars too - where the boys were not paid, but worked only on a freelance basis. I doubt that is done now, at least not yet, because there are nowhere near enough customers at this point to make it worth their while.

I doubt the bars today pay anything more than minimum wage - if even that much. The boys make their real money by being taken off.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:05 pmAssuming they are paid at all.
A good question.
If I pay 350 baht of more for a beer, as in Bangkok, I certainly EXPECT the bar to pay the staff.
Likewise if paying Boyztown gogo prices.

A few years ago, after someone was talking about Taksin putting a stop to nudity in gogo bars, I opened up google and looked into what goes on in the girlie gogo bars. There was an article by a blogger, possibly Stickman. He was chatting to a gogo bar owner and in walked a couple of ladies and they asked to work as nude dancers. That's because they knew nude dancing paid more than dancing with clothes on.

I expect to see some of that in the gay bars.
When I order my 350 baht drink in Bangkok, I expect some of that money to pay the staff to mostly or completely undress.

Incidentally, some of the girlie bars in Pattya with complete nudity were charging about 130 baht for a beer pre-covid.

So, if some of the Bangkok gogo bars want to charge me 350 baht for boys in shorts, jeans or fully clothed, they can forget my custom.

As for boys at the Jomtien host bars, obviously they get a cut of boy drinks. However, I get the impression that many can come and go as they please, which means they are not paid enough to ensure their presence.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Just a guess but I think in the next 18 months to 2 years Pattaya will be devoid of any gogo bars and all gay venues will be relegated to Jomtien Complex and if the show bars and lip-sinking drag shows and outdoor twink bars are not your cup of tea you will be shit out of luck.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Jun

Post by Jun »

Undaunted wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:58 am Just a guess but I think in the next 18 months to 2 years Pattaya will be devoid of any gogo bars and all gay venues will be relegated to Jomtien Complex
I also expect there will be even fewer gogo bars, for reasons already discussed.
As it stands today, there are perhaps 7 remaining ? Winner Boys, Nice boys, Toy Boys, BBB, A-Bomb, Dream Boys & X-Boys. Is that correct ?
Out of that 7, I am likely to visit 2 on the next trip.

If the number shrinks further, I can cope with phone apps and visiting Jomtien Complex, as has been proven in the last 2 years.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Jun wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:53 am.
As it stands today, there are perhaps 7 remaining ? Winner Boys, Nice boys, Toy Boys, BBB, A-Bomb, Dream Boys & X-Boys. Is that correct ?
That’s what I counted on a visit last weekend
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Jun wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:20 pm I'm not convinced that getting people to undress is that difficult.
I guess the only way to find out would be to try it yourself.

I'm not taking issue with the points you raised, and actually agree with much of what you said, but I personally try to avoid getting too hung-up on "Expectations"...for the mere fact that my "Expectations" are nothing more than a reflection of "What I Want" - and my focus is much better aligned with being grateful for "What I'm Getting".
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Totally agree Dodger. I’m much happier when I lower my expectations. It’s hard to accept what no longer is. But I’m grateful for the seven remaining bars. And if it drops to four, I’ll be grateful for that.

I hate the apps, but use them. I also use the jomtien bars and the massage places. With all that and my boyfriend, I have enough.

Even the awful Venue has a cute twink that I may try. The irony for me is I sold my view Taley condo because it was boring and kept my unit near Sunee plaza. Now I’m going to sell that one.
Dodger btw, sorry I didn’t respond to prior post. I was going to and got distracted.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

The more of this thread I read, the more I wonder if I'm out of step with everyone else. I recognize that everyone is turned on to their particular type. Previous posters here seem to most like lithe, sinewy young (but legal) boys. I can understand the appeal, but that body type too often comes with giggly, effeminate, behavior. The display of a dick does not diminish that characterization, to me.

My own preference focuses on my ability to believe the guy is actually able to enjoy his time with me. And, yes, I'm aware with every passing year that this requires more and more imagination on my part - but a skilled sex worker increases the success of this fantasy. The "boy next door" is more likely to come closer to this hope than a youngster a couple generations younger than me.