Windshield film replacement

Business, Doctor, Maid service, Handyman, "Where can I find . . .", etc.
Gaybutton

Windshield film replacement

Post by Gaybutton »

After quite a few years, the windshield screen film on my car started to wrinkle and needed to be replaced. My car is a Toyota and just a few days ago I had the car in the Toyota service shop for maintenance work. I showed them that I need to replace the windshield film. They were honest with me. They told me if I have Toyota do it, it will cost over 3000 baht, but if I take the car to a wrapping shop it will probably cost half that.

By sheer accident, in Pattaya I found World Wrap. It is a huge place, located less than 30m from entrance to the RT. 7 expressway - on the southbound side of Sukhumvit. I never knew it was there until a couple days ago.

The other day I took my car there to get an estimate. Sure enough, just like Toyota said, their price was 1400 baht.

This morning I took the car in to have the work done. It is quite a process. They have a staff of around 20 workers, very well trained and professional. From their waiting room I could watch the whole process, right in front of me. It took 1 hour and 15 minutes from start to finish.

I am very pleased with their work. If you need any kind of wrap work, car, motorbike, or whatever, I highly recommend World Wrap. My new windshield film comes with a 7 year warranty.

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/WorldWrap

Web site: https://www.worldwrappattaya.com/

See also Google Maps: https://www.google.com/maps/place/World ... d100.90521

GPS: N 12.945361, E 100.905210
windwalker

Re: Windshield film replacement

Post by windwalker »

I do understand the desire for windshield film, at the same time it does cut back the incoming light at night to to the point of being dangerous. So why do it?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

windwalker wrote:it does cut back the incoming light at night to to the point of being dangerous.
No it doesn't. That's not true at all. Where are you getting that from?

There are various strengths of the film available. What I use does not significantly cut back light at night, but it makes quite a difference during the day. Even cars and motorbikes without their headlights turned on - I can see them at night just fine.

Nothing the least bit dangerous about it. As a matter of fact I think it is actually safer because at night it doesn't cut back the light, but it definitely greatly reduces the blinding glare from car headlights, especially the halogen lights, and some of those projection billboards.

I don't recall reading about any accidents that occurred because of windshield film.

I've driven with it and I've driven without it. I'll take with it.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Anything that cuts back light during the day, cuts back light at night. The amount depends on the degree of "tinting", 5 %, 10 % etc. I have been in cars where the windshield was so dark I had a hard time seeing anything.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

windwalker wrote:I have been in cars where the windshield was so dark I had a hard time seeing anything.
So have I, but that doesn't mean windshield films are all like that. Windshield films are quite helpful if you use a sensible type. Only an idiot would want windshield film so dark that now it is dangerous.

Take a ride in my car some night and see for yourself. That's when I'll be glad to listen to you tell me how dangerous it is.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Thanks, but too dangerous for me. 5555555
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

windwalker wrote:Thanks, but too dangerous for me. 5555555
We're actually having a debate about windshield film. That's the 5555555 part.

Ok, if you like windshield film, World Wrap is the place I recommend. If you think it's too dangerous, very simple - don't get windshield film.
puan

Post by puan »

Was the 1,400 baht the price for all windows? If so, that is a terrific price!! Thanks for sharing.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

puan wrote:Was the 1,400 baht the price for all windows? If so, that is a terrific price!! Thanks for sharing.
No. Only the windshield.

Still less than half I would have paid if I had it done at Toyota, so I'm pleased with the price.
puan

Post by puan »

Yes............still a VERY good price.