Reliable Gay Travel Agents for Asia

Business, Doctor, Maid service, Handyman, "Where can I find . . .", etc.
Asia Traveler

Reliable Gay Travel Agents for Asia

Post by Asia Traveler »

Does anyone have any recommendations for an Asia Travel Agent?
Gaybutton

Re: Reliable Gay Travel Agents for Asia

Post by Gaybutton »

You need to be more specific.

Does it necessarily need to be a gay travel agent?

Are you looking for a travel agent based in Thailand or based in another country, such as your home country?

Is there any particular travel category you want, for example gay cruises?
Asia Traveler

Post by Asia Traveler »

Thank you for the guidance. I am looking for a travel agent that is familiar with the gay scene in Asia and can help me plan travel by having knowledge of the gay scene in the countries I would visit. No need to be located in any specific country. My area of travel would be South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos, and Vietnam.
Asia Traveler

Post by Asia Traveler »

Thanks!
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

I happily recommend Purple Dragon. It is more than a dozen years ago and since then the company has been restructured, but I did an excellent small tour with them around gay Luang Prabang where I had a very cute and helpful guide.
Asia Traveler

Post by Asia Traveler »

Thank you fountainhall good to hear you had excellent travels with Purple Dragon unfortunately I can not say the same which is why I am looking for an new agent. Many thanks to you and Thaiworthy for your help. If I find a new travel agent which provides excellent services I will report that back to the Board with details if that would be of interest. I used Nomatic Boys in Japan and outadventure looks promising but expensive. I plan to talk with them in a couple of weeks to understand their services in more detail.
Asia Traveler

Siam Roads Guides

Post by Asia Traveler »

Siam Roads Companions and Guides

https://siamroads.com/cambodia-siem-reap-sareth/

I used a Siam Roads guide/companion for three activites in Siem Reap and I thought it might be helpful to share my experience if others are considering using them or have used them and had a different experience. My purpose is to help others understand what to expect as I have seen postings before about the confusion about what exactly it is they are offering e.g. sex? Guides? “Companions?”

Siam Guides uses a different model of service then I am used to which may cause some frustration if you do not clearly understand what is being offered. The website may lead one to think that the guide/companion is going to be available for sex. Note that if you read the entire website you will find a disclaimer at the bottom stating they are not available for sex despite the shirtless pictures etc. I read the website and so did not have that expectation but if you did not read carefully you might have that impression.

The cost of your guide does not include anything but their time. Maybe like hotel staff you might get lucky but just dont think that you are buying that with the price. Also do be prepared to pay for everything that you and your guide eat or drink. I asked what the night tour would be and was told we would go to market, have dinner, and go to the bars. I said great but unlike other tours I was expected to pay for transportation, dinner for both my guide and myself as well as all drinks. This is not a lot of money but was just not my expectation based on other night life tours I have taken.

On an over night trip to Battambang I was told the cost did not include the hotel but the guide would book for me. I was not surprised by having to pay for the guide and drivers meals and drinks now based on the night life tour but was surprised to see my guide staying in my hotel instead of a guest house. I just simply thought wow good for him he can afford to stay in the same hotel. But I was quite surprised to have his hotel bill presented to me for payment. Again a difference in expectation on my part and his.

I am not trying to give Siam Roads a negative review here I am trying to help others understand their model of business as I have found it to be different that I expected which can cause some frustration and concern. So just be aware.

My guide was very knowledgeable and really gave me a good understanding of the gay night life scene in Siem Reap and I would highly recommend taking the night life tour with him. It was fun and although I have been to Siem Reap a few times he provided me updated information and some new locations that are not well known.
Jun

Post by Jun »

I guess some of you guys are busy & prefer guides.

However, in the era of google, it's quite easy & good fun to organize my own trips. Particularly when navigating around major centres like Siem Reap & Battambang. In the latter, I even hired a cycle & rode off out into the countryside on quiet tracks, with no more preparation other than ensuring the offline version of google maps was on my phone.
This obviously means I'm only paying for ONE hotel room at all times, which is a nice bonus.

Perhaps the idea of getting a gay guide or travel agent is more interesting in the obscure locations, where maybe the one or two gay bars cannot be found on google ?

Your night life tour could be interesting just as long as the guide uncovers at least one bar that's more risque or interesting than the ones I would have found on google maps. Maybe new openings or something ?
Asia Traveler

Post by Asia Traveler »

The information I was looking for and found helpful from the guide on the night life was freelancer bars in Siem Reap. I had heard before that Home Cocktail was one and another one I did not have a chance to visit with my guide was Two Brothers Bar near the Hard Rock Cafe. I got interrupted when I spotted someone who was just my type in Bar Code Bar which FYI now has freelancers as well. So I cut short the evening out with the guide and headed home with my new friend. I also was trying to understand how you can tell who is a freelancer which was not so clear but I suspect in the bar with Grinder would be a good way. Yes I am a newbie to this as I am used to the host bars of Pattaya for years. Pick and number and go.I will review my trip when I get back and if I think there is enough new information there I will put together a trip report.