Electric can opener

Business, Doctor, Maid service, Handyman, "Where can I find . . .", etc.
Gaybutton

Electric can opener

Post by Gaybutton »

I've been looking everywhere I can think of to find an electric can opener. I can't find one.

Does anyone know where they are sold?
Undaunted

Re: Electric can opener

Post by Undaunted »

There are many available on Lazada Thailand....similar to Amazon but in Thailand.....google Lazada Thailand...deliver to your door.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Thank you very much. Apparently the style of electric can openers has changed completely since the last time I ever had one, but the ads say they're hands-free and they're not very expensive, so I'll give one of them a try. I also like that they're battery powered rather than plug into the wall.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

This morning, Sunday, July 23, I placed my order for the electric can opener I chose. It will be interesting to see how long it will take for delivery and if the product works as described.

I think the price is quite reasonable, especially since I was unable to find one anywhere else. I didn't spend any time searching for any other products, but in the future, if I'm looking for a hard to find product, I'll check with Lazada - assuming I'm satisfied with what I'll soon receive.

They make ordering quite easy with several payment methods. For me, the easiest method was a direct debit from my Thai bank account. Nobody from Lazada can get into the account. They never see the account number. You simply select and click on which bank you want and the bank itself does the rest - very quickly and easily.

They also have a system by which you can track your order.

So far, so good. I'll post when I receive my order. That way anyone else interested in ordering from Lazada will have some idea as to how long it takes for delivery and if what you receive is what you expected and whether it works as described.

The item I chose "ships from abroad" and Lazada does tell you that those kinds of orders take longer to receive. Their message says I should receive it no later than Wednesday, August 2. Fine with me. If I want to open any cans between now and when I receive it, I'll just have to use my crappy old hand crank opener - or as I call it - "The Arthritis Guarantor."
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

The can opener arrived this morning - Saturday, July 29, sooner than I expected. It works perfectly. Exactly what I wanted.

I wasn't home when the delivery boy arrived at my house. He called me and told me was there. I told him I was on my way home and would be there in about 10 minutes. He dutifully waited for me, handed me the package, had me sign for it, and off he went.

Thank you, Undaunted, for telling me about Lazada. I'm very pleased with their service and I'm sure if I need some other hard-to-find item, if they have it, I'll be ordering from them again.