Prescription Eye Glasses

Business, Doctor, Maid service, Handyman, "Where can I find . . .", etc.
puan

Prescription Eye Glasses

Post by puan »

I have used for many years and always been pleased with the quality, customer service and the price (especially the price).

http://www.zennioptical.com

See eye doc and get script and order...save many thousands of baht over local shops. I use ophthalmologist at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya...fee around 1,200 Baht.
thaiworthy

Re: Prescription Eye Glasses

Post by thaiworthy »

Good idea. Thanks for the recommendation. I have only visited upscale eyewear shops here in BKK. Your path seems to be the best idea. My co-pay on Medicare to see an ophthalmologist in the US was more than you spent altogether.

However, I did just buy a graduated bifocal a year ago there on one my recent trips. Strangely enough, I had somehow managed to roll over them in bed and destroyed the frames. Then the anti-reflective coating started wearing off. I took it back to the US eyewear store and they replaced it all for free. A $300 pair of glasses. Expensive, yes. The bifocal prescription allowed me to use this new pair for everyday use. I also had another single-focal pair made especially for looking at the computer. I am convinced this strategy has saved my eyesight.
2lz2p

Re: Prescription Eye Glasses

Post by 2lz2p »

puan wrote:I have used for many years and always been pleased with the quality, customer service and the price (especially the price).

http://www.zennioptical.com

See eye doc and get script and order...save many thousands of baht over local shops. I use ophthalmologist at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya...fee around 1,200 Baht.
I have ordered several from Zenni - all the same prescription - progressive lenses - both regular and sunglasses. I was well pleased with my first order - if ordering for shipment to Thailand, they are done in Hong Kong - but discovered that with smaller size lenses, it was difficult for me to position my head/eyes just right to use the reading portion. So, I ordered more with large lenses - well satisfied as the area for reading is larger.

I also had my prescription done at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya - in conjunction with some eye surgery. The Doctor also mentioned that in getting glasses, I should get frames to fit my eyes - he gave me some measurements for the frames and lens that would be best suited for me.

The Zenni site has many frames with some very reasonable prices - my first two pair (regular & sun) came to about US$120 for everything. But, in locating a frame, I did need to read the specifications to see they met the measurements the ophthalmologist gave me AND that the ear piece was the correct length. Zenni notified me when they were shipped along with tracking number for Hong Kong Post - which also can be used for tracking in Thai Post online tracking system.

The site also lets you upload a full face picture and will display the particular frame(s) superimposed on the photo - not quite the same as trying on frames at a shop, but well enough to get an idea of how they will look.