Welcome to Business Recommendations

Business, Doctor, Maid service, Handyman, "Where can I find . . .", etc.
Gaybutton

Welcome to Business Recommendations

Post by Gaybutton »

A post by Puan (see: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7554&p=71056#p71042 ) gave me the idea to create this forum. It will probably be much more applicable to people living in Thailand than anyone else. And it doesn't have to be just Pattaya. If you have recommendations for other areas of Thailand, please post them.

There have been many posts on this board both requesting and recommending businesses, doctors, handyman service, etc, but they're scattered all over the board. With nearly 60,000 posts on this board, that's a lot to have to wade through to find what you're looking for. The idea for this forum is to consolidate those recommendations into one forum.

Feel free to post your requests and recommendations. If you've posted before, you can simply post a link to your previous post if you wish.

Please don't post restaurant recommendations or recipes on this forum. Please stick to the "Restaurant Reviews & Recipe Exchange" forum for those.

The best recommendations come from first hand experience or from someone you know well enough to take his word for it.

I would prefer that you stick to recommendations, rather than complaints or telling us about businesses you'll never use again. Folks, I'm reserving the right to delete any posts I think could set me up for a lawsuit.

Ok, if you have recommendations or requests, start posting . . .
puan

Re: Welcome to Business Recommendations

Post by puan »

How about veterinarian services...where should that go?

Maybe a Micellany catagory?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

puan wrote:How about veterinarian services...where should that go?
Just start a new topic in this forum, title it "Veterinarian Services," and post either your recommendation or information request, whichever it is.

You can certainly add topics to the forum. The topics I started with were the ones that immediately came to mind. Feel free to add in all you want.

By the way, I was asked if "Where can I find . . ." posts are appropriate for this forum too. The answer is yes. I've added that to the forum description.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Is this forum intended to include more routine stuff like hotels, taxis, coffee shops etc ?

If it is to include hotels, I suppose anyone starting a thread might like to include a logical title, such as "Bangkok Silom hotels under 1500 baht", as mixing hotels in every city and price bracket into one thread is not the most efficient way for readers.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote:Is this forum intended to include more routine stuff like hotels, taxis, coffee shops etc ?
If you have a specific recommendation, especially if it is for somewhere most likely unfamiliar to most of us, yes. I suggest using common sense. For example, for hotels I don't think we need anyone to post a recommendation for The Ambiance, Ganymede, or Tarntawan Place. But if you've found a great place to stay in Surin, Ko Samet, Petchabun - those kinds of areas - I think such recommendations could be very helpful to those who like to take "the road less traveled by."

If it's a restaurant or coffee shop, I'd say those posts are more appropriate for the "Restaurant Reviews and Recipe Exchange" forum.

I'm not planning to be a nitpicker about it. Use your own judgment.
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

And now ... underarm deodorant. ( viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7852 )
Better than chocolate.
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Smiles wrote:And now ... underarm deodorant.
Congratulations. You've been looking for it a long time. Now you found it. I hate to think what you smelled like before you finally found it.
Jun

Post by Jun »

OK, I have to ask. There have been 2 slightly suspect recommendations posted recently, locked so that we can't even ask why these are recommended.
I need to ask, as I certainly can't figure it out why for myself, as these are the kind of things I and many others stay well clear of.
Being sceptical, prudent and conservative helps keep my money where it should be.

Assuming there hasn't been any hacking, what's the reason for making these recommendations?