Using an agent to renew a UK passport

Business, Doctor, Maid service, Handyman, "Where can I find . . .", etc.
Ruthrieston

Re: Using an agent to renew a UK passport

Post by Ruthrieston »

According to the Keyvisa website their fee for renewing a UK passport is still 5,000 Baht.
traveller123

Post by traveller123 »

I used Key Visa on the 10th June to renew my UK Passport. Their cost for the larger passport was 12000 baht.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

My new passport arrived today delivered to Key visa it took about 2 weeks cost 10,000 baht which included 135 USD fee at embassy for new passport and included any postal fees.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:34 pm My new passport arrived today
Sounds good. What was done with your old passport? Did Key visa take care of getting all the items transferred to the new passport, such as the original visa, latest visa, etc, saving you a rip to immigration?
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:18 pm
Undaunted wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:34 pm My new passport arrived today
Sounds good. What was done with your old passport? Did Key visa take care of getting all the items transferred to the new passport, such as the original visa, latest visa, etc, saving you a rip to immigration?
The old passport was sent with the new one also enclosed is a letter from the U.S.embassy requesting Thai immigration to simply add the old stamp to the new passport. Unfortunately, I have to go to immigration to have the visa stamp put in my new passport however, I was told when I did my retirement visa at immigration that it will be transferred to my new passport upon receipt.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:01 pm Unfortunately, I have to go to immigration to have the visa stamp put in my new passport however, I was told when I did my retirement visa at immigration that it will be transferred to my new passport upon receipt.
Yes, immigration will make the transfers. That won't be a problem. I just hoped the visa service would be the ones who have to make the trip to immigration and when they give your passport back, everything is already taken care of.

I'm sorry you are still the one who has to go to immigration, but having done the same myself, I can assure you there won't be any problem about it. Even if your old passport was lost or stolen, there still wouldn't be a problem. I had somehow lost my passport, so I had no old passport to show. It didn't matter. They had all the information they needed on their computers.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

New passport in hand with retirement visa transferred to it easy no problems. If anyone has a need to get a new passport make sure there was at least 6 months left on the old one till it was meant to expire.
traveller123

Post by traveller123 »

traveller123 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:33 pm I used Key Visa on the 10th June to renew my UK Passport. Their cost for the larger passport was 12000 baht.
Anyone from the UK needing to renew their passport please aware i have been told my new passport is out for special delivery
It has taken 17 weeks
To be clear I attach no blame to Key Visa it is the UK Passport Office
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Governnent efficiency at work.

If it makes you feel any better, I filed my American income tax in early February, with a nice tax refund coming.
I'm still waiting for it.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Gaybutton wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:10 pm Governnent efficiency at work.

If it makes you feel any better, I filed my American income tax in early February, with a nice tax refund coming.
I'm still waiting for it.
Did you file on-line or by mail? I received my refund in less than one month.