Bangkok Drugstore -- online

Business, Doctor, Maid service, Handyman, "Where can I find . . .", etc.
puan

Bangkok Drugstore -- online

Post by puan »

Two days ago, I placed a med order with Bangkok Drugstore -- https://bangkokdrugstore.com/ -- and received my order the next day. They ship via Kerry Express with tracking. The item I ordered ( which I normally buy at Fascino's ) even with shipping was 200 baht less. They do not have anywhere the variety that Fascino has but do carry some of the meds I use and at prices reduced.

I think worth checking out....I saved a few bath.
2lz2p

Re: Bangkok Drugstore -- online

Post by 2lz2p »

Thanks for posting. They do have one of two medicines I get from D Pharmacy. I pay 90 baht there for a box (14 capsules). Their price is 60 baht. I will give them a try when I down to my last box.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

I placed an order yesterday morning and it arrived this afternoon. Even with the 90 baht delivery fee, I saved 210 baht using by using their online ordering. Prior to ordering, I made an email inquiry about registering for an account and method of payment. I received a very prompt response with the information I wanted.
Jun

Post by Jun »

One of the positive features about online selling is no "farang pricing".

As the store is just around the corner from Sala Daeng BTS, I must remember to check if their over the counter prices are comparable with online.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

I assume you mean Chula MD Pharmacy. On Rama 4, south side just at the base of the foot bridge. I did a little price comparison using what I paid this month at Chula and the on-line delivery pharmacy listed.

Co Diovan valsartan hydrochorothiazide 80mg/12.5, Box of 28
Chula: 580B
On-Line 640B (60B more)

Avodart dutaseride 0.5mg, Box of 30
Chula: 1,350B
On-Line: 1,500 ( 150B more)

I was only able to easily compare these two as others were in different per box or strip quantities. Just looking at some with ball-park math it looks to be about the same percentage with Chula coming out a little less expensive.

Co Diovan is also sometimes available at Chula in a generic called Co Tagreg for 480B. Box of 28.

Crestor rosuvastatin 20mg is available as a generic called Vivacor at Chula. Buy the 20mg and a pill cutter if you take 10 or 5mg per day, big saving over buying the 10 or 5mg pills.

OK, it a saving to go to Chula MD Pharmacy but it can take some time to get an order as they have a lot of customers and not a lot of staff. Now there's a plastic barrier covering the front of the store and you pass your list or speak to the staff via the barrier. You get you order under or above the barrier. Everyone has to wait out on the sidewalk. Last week it took me 45 min to get an order. The slightly higher price for on-Line delivery might be worth it.

Hospital pharmacies continue to price gouge even though there was this hyped government solution that was a "big success". The solution did nothing. Bumrungrad pharmacy: Co diovan 80mg is 1450B vrs 580 at Chula MD.
bkkguy

Post by bkkguy »

It all seems to depend very much on which meds exactly you are looking for.

I usually use SC Pharmacy on Rama 4 and I while ago I did a detailed price comparison with Chula MD for my typical monthly meds order and yes there were some price differences, some higher some lower, but in the end the difference was less than 20 or 30 baht on my monthly order and I always considered SC customer service was better. Now that both have gone to sealed off shop with customers queuing in the heat on the footpath trying to order from staff behind a plastic barrier that is a bit of a moot point

I could be tempted away from SC, particularly in the current situation, with online order with cc/bank transfer payment and delivery if the prices justified it but a quick check showed the online shop was the same price on a few items but more expensive on others and their range is a bit limited and did not have a few of the critical items I need, so not a good option for me, but your mileage will vary depending on what you are looking for and who you usually order from
I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

puan wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:38 am Two days ago, I placed a med order with Bangkok Drugstore -- https://bangkokdrugstore.com/ -- and received my order the next day. They ship via Kerry Express with tracking. The item I ordered ( which I normally buy at Fascino's ) even with shipping was 200 baht less. They do not have anywhere the variety that Fascino has but do carry some of the meds I use and at prices reduced.

I think worth checking out....I saved a few bath.
As noted in the original post, the recommendation was based on ordering online from Bangkok with delivery in another province (hence use of Kerry Express for delivery). An English couple that are good friends of mine have often mentioned that when they go to Bangkok, they do stock up on some of their medication as they are much cheaper at pharmacies there when compared to Pattaya (two in Pattaya being Fascino and D Pharmacy which tend to be the lowest priced here but much more costly than those in Bangkok).

So for myself and I am sure others residing in Pattaya, the recommendation for using Bangkok Drugstore online is much appreciated as it saves money even with the delivery charge added. The ordering process was simple and payment was through online bank transfer. In my case, ordering mid morning on Monday, the medicine was received the following afternoon.

For those that live in Bangkok, the postings with price comparison to Bangkok pharmacies showing they are less costly is also I am sure much appreciated.