Pattaya's Best Burger

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
User avatar
Undaunted
Posts: 1421
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:47 am
Liked: 13 times
Been liked: 217 times

#11 Re: Pattaya's Best Burger

Postby Undaunted » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:41 pm

aussie wrote:Arnos scored 5/10. Burger ordered medium and arrived very well done. Good price for a set though, will order medium rare if i go again.

I had a similiar problem during their "free" burger soft open week, I've been back twice since and ordered rare and I got rare. Last Friday while I was ordering I noticed the waitress was inputting my order on something similar to an ipad. I asked to see it very straight forward in English...Type of burger traditional etc. choice of cheese, rare...med rare...med...well done.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

aussie
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:31 pm
Liked: 156 times
Been liked: 61 times

#12 Re: Pattaya's Best Burger

Postby aussie » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:15 pm

aussie wrote:WOW angus burger at Central Marina was cooked to perfection each time over four visits. More expensive than Arnos.

That should have been OMG burger shop at Central Marina. I must have been thinking about a hottie I saw at Jomtien Complex last night :D tastier than any burger

User avatar
Trongpai
Posts: 1125
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:21 am
Location: Bangkok, Ram Intra
Liked: 4 times
Been liked: 142 times

#13 Re: Pattaya's Best Burger

Postby Trongpai » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:38 pm

Undaunted wrote:
aussie wrote:Arnos scored 5/10. Burger ordered medium and arrived very well done. Good price for a set though, will order medium rare if i go again.

I had a similiar problem during their "free" burger soft open week, I've been back twice since and ordered rare and I got rare. Last Friday while I was ordering I noticed the waitress was inputting my order on something similar to an ipad. I asked to see it very straight forward in English...Type of burger traditional etc. choice of cheese, rare...med rare...med...well done.

This was my experience as well. First time I ordered Med and it was perfect, perhaps really med rare and that's fine with me. Second time I ordered Med again and it was cooked well done and was dry. It appears that the cooks are not very consistent or lack experience. Since they just opened perhaps it's the latter. When it's cooked right it's very good. I would go back again but I figure stressing to the person taking the order not to over cook the burger is likely an act of futility. I can ask in Thai or English but what you get is what you get.

OMG Central Marina I tried once and did not like it at all.

I was at Tequila Reef on Beach Rd 7 last night and the table next to me had burgers and they looked really good.

Up2u
Posts: 1271
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:06 am
Liked: 240 times
Been liked: 78 times

#14 Re: Pattaya's Best Burger

Postby Up2u » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:29 pm

Trongpai wrote:First time I ordered Med and it was perfect, perhaps really med rare and that's fine with me. Second time I ordered Med again and it was cooked well done and was dry.

Ditto. My first I ordered med rare but it was med or med well but still tasty. The staff uses Ipads and now I insist on looking at their entry. Subsequent visits and now they are cooked to my tastes. One of the best burgers in Pattaya IMHO.

User avatar
Undaunted
Posts: 1421
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:47 am
Liked: 13 times
Been liked: 217 times

#15 Re: Pattaya's Best Burger

Postby Undaunted » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:20 pm

Today was my fourth visit it is consistently the best burger I’ve had outside of the U.S.
Too bad it is such a nitemare posting pics on this board as I have just posted a pic of my double bacon medium rare made to order burger on Facebook......Pattaya foodies & Pattaya breakfast club.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

SP55
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:33 pm
Liked: 4 times
Been liked: 2 times

#16 Re: Pattaya's Best Burger

Postby SP55 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:37 pm

Thank you Undaunted for this recommendation. I and my thai friend have now visited Arno's twice because I saw your post about their burgers. And it was indeed the best burgers I've eaten in Thailand. Even my thai friend who usually not like farang food was very impressed and after tasting my burger insisted on having one for himself too.

User avatar
Gaybutton
Site Admin
Posts: 15106
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:21 am
Location: Thailand
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 578 times

#17 Re: Pattaya's Best Burger

Postby Gaybutton » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:05 pm

Arno's has a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/arnos.pattaya/

On their Facebook page, there is a link to Jim's Burger & Beers Pattaya, which I had never heard of until I spotted the link, but also looks like it might be worth a try: Jim's Burger & Beers Pattaya: https://www.facebook.com/jimsburgerpattaya/

I have not been to either of them yet.

User avatar
Undaunted
Posts: 1421
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:47 am
Liked: 13 times
Been liked: 217 times

#18 Re: Pattaya's Best Burger

Postby Undaunted » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:30 pm

SP55 wrote:Thank you Undaunted for this recommendation. I and my thai friend have now visited Arno's twice because I saw your post about their burgers. And it was indeed the best burgers I've eaten in Thailand. Even my thai friend who usually not like farang food was very impressed and after tasting my burger insisted on having one for himself too.


SP55....I am glad you enjoyed Arno’s, I have been to several burger places in Pattaya including Jim’s, The Hard Rock Cafe, Carl’s Jr. the former Pastrami ON Rye etc, Arno’s is in a league of it’s own and is the best burger I have had outside of the U.S.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Up2u
Posts: 1271
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:06 am
Liked: 240 times
Been liked: 78 times

#19 Re: Pattaya's Best Burger

Postby Up2u » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:09 pm

I'm in USA right now and eating my share of burgers. Five Guys, 'N and Out and another small chain called the Habit. The Habit was the best and the others the shits, especially when compared to Arno's.

User avatar
Gaybutton
Site Admin
Posts: 15106
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:21 am
Location: Thailand
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 578 times

#20 Re: Pattaya's Best Burger

Postby Gaybutton » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:25 pm

Up2u wrote:I'm in USA right now and eating my share of burgers

As long as USA burgers being mentioned, for me there is only one - White Castle.


Return to “Restaurant Reviews & Recipe Exchange”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests