International Fireworks Festival - Pattaya - nights of June 8 and June 9

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton
Site Admin
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 484 times

#1 International Fireworks Festival - Pattaya - nights of June 8 and June 9

Postby Gaybutton » Fri May 18, 2018 11:29 am

As many of you know, last year fireworks displays were canceled during the mourning period due to the death of the King. Now that the mourning period is over, Pattaya's first fireworks festival this year will be two nights, Friday, June 8 and Saturday, June 9.

fountainhall
Liked: 114 times
Been liked: 303 times

#2 Re: International Fireworks Festival - Pattaya - nights of June 8 and June 9

Postby fountainhall » Fri May 18, 2018 12:33 pm

On a similar topic, the annual Macao International Fireworks Festival with participants from many parts of the world takes place on September 1, 8, 15, 24 & October 1 later this year. The displays are spectacular. Perhaps an idea for a short week-end break or a visa run.

http://fireworks.macaotourism.gov.mo/index.php?lang=en

colmx
Liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times

#3 Re: International Fireworks Festival - Pattaya - nights of June 8 and June 9

Postby colmx » Sat May 19, 2018 2:41 am

Thanks for the info GB, I will be in Pattaya on those dates so definitely something to look forward to!

Just checked out the price of a room in the Hilton for the night of the 9th and its 12,000B!
That's twice their normal Saturday rate!

Anyone suggest a hotel room that might be good to watch the fireworks from and throw a little party without costing both my arms and a leg?

Trongpai
Liked: 4 times
Been liked: 107 times

#4 Re: International Fireworks Festival - Pattaya - nights of June 8 and June 9

Postby Trongpai » Sat May 19, 2018 12:01 pm

http://www.siamatpattaya.com/

2853B on Agoda. Higher than usual but not in the gouging range.

Get to the roof top bar/pool early and stake out a place where late comers can't stand in front of you like at the edge of the pool.

Room balconies will have a good view too if you're on a high floor and on the left side, facing Pattaya Bay. On the right side you'll likely see nothing.

The BF and I were up on the roof for New Years and had the perfect perch on a lounge ottoman with a bottle and set up. We were on the corner edge of the pool and just before the fireworks started a lot of people crowded all around us but not in front. They actually tried to push our lounge chair aside, with us on it, to get a better view. Someone was shoving and hitting the back of the lounger, but every time I looked around I could not figure out who was doing the pushing as there were a lot of people.

I just checked now on Agoda, Siam @ Siam 4832B, with tax and fees around 5000 per night for 28 Dec through New Years.
Perhaps I'll just stay home and watch Guy Lombardo on live TV from the roof of the Waldorf Astoria.

Montree
Been liked: 2 times

#5 Re: International Fireworks Festival - Pattaya - nights of June 8 and June 9

Postby Montree » Sat May 19, 2018 5:35 pm

I was in Pattaya a few years ago for the fireworks with my Thai boyfriend. We walked the length of the bay as the show progressed. Unfortunately my boyfriend’s positive dislike of walking anywhere was only exceeded by his his fear of the loud bangs. He winced and ducked as the explosions continued and we eventually had to put a bit more distance between us and the display.

I’ll be in Pattaya for this year’s show but I won’t try and take my boyfriend who, I suspect, will return to Bangkok for a few days. I’m looking forward to it though.

Return to “Thailand”