Trump Supporters

Gaybutton

Re: Trump Supporters

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:he may be a bit "out there"
I think Trump is far more than a bit out there. That's not the kind of person I want to see in charge of running the show and I for sure don't like the idea that it would be him where the buck ultimately stops
Alex

Post by Alex »

He's not stupid. Insane, probably, but stupid, no way.

I think the idea that he might not show up for the remaining debates is just wishful thinking. He knows he cannot do that. His followers don't care what he's saying, as long as he's stirring the pot. He knows that. So stir he will.
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

You think the word 'stupid' is a misnomer when applied to Trump? Man, you two have exceedingly low bars.
Trump has proven, just by his own large flapping mouth, to be a man who knows nothing. I think, under such circumstances, that the word 'stupid' is being crystal-clear and quite generous.
If Trump was Canadian (for instance) and rose up to present himself as a candidate for Prime Minister he would be driven out of the auditorium to uproarious laughter and complete denigration ... and that would have happened a year ago.
But, for some reason, within a deluded United States, Trump has presented himself ~ a ghastly clown ~ as an actual legitimate candidate, who knows precisely nothing about anything.
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Smiles, you appear to have a thing for clowns, this is a real clown:

https://youtu.be/nW6vCXO4cNQ

Wait till you are eating your national dish (a donut) at Tim Hortons and you hear an explosion:

https://youtu.be/norvbAITAz4
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

I don't think you could classify Trump as being stupid, because he certainly doesn't lack "street smarts", but that's the extent of it.

Trump is absolutely consumed with himself, see's himself at the center of the universe, views all others, including his cloned children and fantasy wife as mere pawns in his world, and people like that, rare as they are (fortunately), are the types who can and do build empires. His street smarts have guided him to finding all the legal loop holes in system for his relentless wheeling & dealing regardless of how many people (pawns) get cheated in the process, and that, coupled with the fact that he's a textbook narcissist, have resulted in the culmination of what some refer to (or view) as being his "empire". All I see is a person who desperately needs a shrink with his name on a lot of buildings,

My prediction is (and always has been) that Trump will lose the election by a wide margin and who will go on to leveraging his loss by launching a multi-media extravaganza to keep himself in the center of everyone's picture, and most importantly, to feed his addiction of HIMSELF and remain centered in his delusional universe.

Trump is in fact insane. And I'm not saying this as a politically motivated statement - because I'm not a politically motivated person, but I truely believe he is suffering from a form of insanity. The more he exposes himself publicly, the more he exposes his insanity. The next two debates will emphasize this even more. He will resort to even more vicious attacks on Clinton in an attempt to protect his image of HIMSELF to the cheers of his misguided followers. This doesn't confuse me either, because history shows us that all insane empire builders had followers, and lot's of em.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Smiles wrote:You think the word 'stupid' is a misnomer when applied to Trump? Man, you two have exceedingly low bars.
It is a misnomer, in my opinion. Firstly, a "man who knows nothing" isn't necessarily stupid, but uneducated or ignorant. Secondly, in politics, if you say something stupid - knowingly banking on the fact that stupid people will fall for it - isn't really that stupid.

While we know that he isn't a very ethical businessman, we also know he isn't a stupid one. Many of his moves have been very clever. Where and what he is now cannot be explained by sheer luck. That doesn't qualify him in any way for the presidency and I'm one of those who consider him unfit, but not because he's stupid.

Calling him stupid in an attempt to belittle him is just that, stupid. He's a very dangerous demagogue and a great entertainer all wrapped in one.
readerc54

Post by readerc54 »

This documentary by American PBS program "Frontline" told me more about both candidates than any other source:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/the-choice-2016/
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

Unfortunately Reader, all I get when hitting that URL is this: We're sorry, but this video is not available in your region due to right restrictions
Maybe there is a backdoor?
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Smiles wrote:Maybe there is a backdoor?
It works for me. I've also seen it on some of the torrent sites.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Smiles wrote:Unfortunately Reader, all I get when hitting that URL is this: We're sorry, but this video is not available in your region due to right restrictions
Maybe there is a backdoor?
Me, same - same