Trump Supporters

Gaybutton

Re: Trump Supporters

Post by Gaybutton »

There is one thing Trump can do that I would like. When he makes his first address to a joint session of Congress, he gets on the podium, waits until the applause stops, and then says, "You're fired!"
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote:There is one thing Trump can do that I would like. When he makes his first address to a joint session of Congress, he gets on the podium, waits until the applause stops, and then says, "You're fired!"
I suspect the Tea Party will be in Trump's cross hairs.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
readerc54

Post by readerc54 »

Troubled because I must have missed some obvious clues that Trump's strength was being misrepresented in the polls, I scanned back through this thread and revisited GB's Oct. 31 post featuring an interview with Michael Moore. Moore lays out his argument why Trump is gathering strength in the upper-midwest states, including Michigan. Then I went to Moore's website and read his letter to readers, clearly predicting a Trump win.

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I gave it to you straight last summer when I told you that Donald Trump would be the Republican nominee for president. And now I have even more awful, depressing news for you: Donald J. Trump is going to win in November. This wretched, ignorant, dangerous part-time clown and full time sociopath is going to be our next president. President Trump. Go ahead and say the words, ‘cause you’ll be saying them for the next four years: “PRESIDENT TRUMP.”.....And don’t fool yourself — no amount of compelling Hillary TV ads, or outfacting him in the debates or Libertarians siphoning votes away from Trump is going to stop his mojo.

He goes on to list five major categories supporting his position.

http://michaelmoore.com/trumpwillwin/
travelerjim

Post by travelerjim »

YES... Michael Moore was Right On the Mark...
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

travelerjim wrote:YES... Michael Moore was Right On the Mark...
He also made the same prediction on Bill Maher's "Real Time" program a few months ago.
readerc54

Post by readerc54 »

Didn't catch that but I probably wouldn't have given it its due. One analyst in the wee hours of Wednesday observed: "we look to polls to confirm our beliefs and not to inform them." In the end, I think that explains why we persisted in our convictions that Hillary would coast to victory: we very much wanted to believe it.