Board changes

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Board changes

Post by Gaybutton »

As you can see, Moses - the administrator of the Sawatdee board - has been hard at work improving and upgrading this board. He has done all this completely voluntarily and out of kindness. All I even hoped for was for him to be able to get rid of the board hijackers and prevent them from cyber attacking the board again. He has done that.

I never made any upgrades or changes because I really didn't know how and because I'm a believer in "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I'd say the successful cyber attack was a pretty good indicator that the board was broke. Moses fixed it. I wouldn't have a clue how to do nearly everything he's done.

I hope everyone likes these improvements and changes. It might take a little getting used to, but here it is. As far as I can tell, everything is working properly. If you encounter any problems or something not working correctly please let us know.
Jun

Re: Board changes

Post by Jun »

Well done for fixing that Moses.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote:Well done for fixing that Moses.
Very well done indeed. I thought about removing the confirmation Email requirement and changing the procedure for new members to register. However, despite the improvements and new spam protection, a few phony bot registration attempts are still managing to get through somehow. At least it's just a very few now, this morning only two, rather than the dozens and dozens I had been getting virtually every day, but because of even a very few I am going to leave the registration process in place.

In any case, I am absolutely delighted with what Moses has accomplished. I hope all of you who read and participate on this board are also pleased.
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

Yes; it's good to see a collaborative effort among board-owners. The more successful, popular and-importantly- distinctive message boards there are, the better.
jason105

Post by jason105 »

Glad everything has been worked out.
Even though it looks like it might be a while before I can visit LOS again in person, I visit almost daily via your site.
So thanks to Moses and his kindness.
all the best