Sunee Plaza Update

Anything and everything about Thailand
firecat69

Re: Sunee Plaza Update

Post by firecat69 »

Bottom Line is it is not too hard to open a new GoGo in Sunee, if you have money and connections to get boys. Then the hard part begins.

Being there every day and night to make sure boys are in the Bar and on stage. Making sure no drinks are being given away. Keeping boys off their phones etc etc etc. And even if you are willing to do that the financial rewards will not be that great. And never knowing what the corrupt police will require from you.

It's a full time job and few are willing to put in the time which is why they continue to fail.

For years Funny Boys was the best run Bar in BT. Because the owners had the luck or foresight to hire Rose and that Bar prospered for years.

I never walked in there at 930 when there were not at least 25 boys present and Rose controlled the rotation, what they wore for briefs and he always welcomed his customers and made it plain they were appreciated.

Contrast it to now . It is much easier to open a GoGo Bar then it is to run one successfully.

In Sunee, Beer had the touch when he ran Kaos and then he moved on to open Nice Boys and was very successful until he stopped being there every night and now that Bar is a shell of its former self.

It is not easy and too many people who have never run a Bar think that it is!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I agree with every word firecat69 wrote in his post above.
Alex wrote:There might be a lesson to be learned for other potential bar owners...
Be that as it may, the only thing that matters is the fact that he left. Why he left is nobody's business but his own. If he wants to make his reasons public, that's up to him. This board is not going to be involved in making that decision for him.

If potential bar owners are in need of lessons, they'll have to find other ways to learn them.
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

Another example of the trials and tribulations of running a go go bar can be seen from Neal's experience at Happy Place (or whatever it was called). He put millions into fittings and spent many an evening on call, if not in, then sitting outside. He had plenty of ideas about what punters want and the money and time to put them into practice.
Then, as his health deteriorated, he withdrew. And the result was predictable and inevitable. Is it still running?
a447

Post by a447 »

No, it's closed.

The boys went wild on the nights Neal wasn't there - they left the customers to their own devices while they all gathered outside the bar and got pissed.

The manager at Toyboys also needs to get his act together. The other night there were 12 guys sitting outside the bar - more than were on stage at the time.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Happy Place was in Pattayaland. Happy Boys was just outside Sunee Plaza. No need to avoid confusion about which is which. At the moment both are closed.
Jun

Post by Jun »

firecat69 wrote:It is much easier to open a GoGo Bar then it is to run one successfully.
firecat69 wrote:And never knowing what the corrupt police will require from you.
It is much easier to be a gogo bar customer and I remain grateful to those who make the effort to run them.
Whilst it would be nice to see some bars regain the standards of, for example Funny Boys 5 years ago, be thankful for what is available now.
I don't see many board members here rushing forward to run a gogo bar & I'm certainly not going to be the one.

I also see potential management problems with the host bar format. Anyone arriving after 10:00pm at a bar where they have had some kind of party can find the hosts have been sampling the Whiskey and are just happy to carry on doing that with the other bar boys.
So the host bar might as well be without hosts.
neddy3

Post by neddy3 »

Jun wrote: It is much easier to be a gogo bar customer and I remain grateful to those who make the effort to run them.
Whilst it would be nice to see some bars regain the standards of, for example Funny Boys 5 years ago, be thankful for what is available now.
Well said. Agree completely.

For those of us not into the electronic ways of meeting boys, the bars are the place to go.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

neddy3 wrote:Agree completely.
So would I except for one thing: Too many go-go bar owners didn't really run their bars at all. That's what has been the problem. Sure, I'm grateful to those who try, but all too often their idea of trying is a little different from mine.
Jun

Post by Jun »

neddy3 wrote:For those of us not into the electronic ways of meeting boys, the bars are the place to go.

Agreed. Even for those of us into the electronic ways, bars can still be a better option.
Despite using 3 apps, on my most recent trip, I didn’t manage a single on line date, which was a change from other recent trips.
I date in the evening and all the Gay Romeo/JackD/Hornet boys I liked worked in bar, so I went along to the bars to check them out. The one exception who wasn't a bar boy completely failed to keep his timing, so I abandoned that one and went to a bar.
Some of the gogo bars were also rather good fun (Eros, Power Boys & Vassa).

Gaybutton wrote:Too many go-go bar owners didn't really run their bars at all. That's what has been the problem.
Very good point. The bar owners need to be either hands on or they need trusted managers in place who can prevent things descending into the inevitable chaos.
However I'm still grateful, as a slightly mismanaged bar is still better than none at all.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote:a slightly mismanaged bar is still better than none at all.
"What's always worried me about being one of the few is the way we keep getting . . . . fewer"
- Richard Burton (Flying Officer David Campbell), 'The Longest Day'