UFOs

Gaybutton

Re: UFOs

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote:Wouldn't it be more logical to argue that Leedskalnin's accomplishments support Von Danekin's theory that unknown methods are used to move objects of extraordinary weight?
No, because von Danekin argues, and says right in the video, that aliens are the only explanation. I didn't see anything about him using the term "unknown methods." He specifically says alien. Of course, I suppose it is possible that Leedskalnin was kidnapped by aliens, taught how to do these things, and then released. That makes about as much sense to me as most things von Danekin ever said.

As for Coral Castle, this "In Search Of" program, in three segments, is much more comprehensive than the video I posted earlier. I think it's very interesting, especially in light of this discussion:

RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Gaybutton wrote: No, because von Danekin argues, and says right in the video, that aliens are the only explanation. I didn't see anything about him using the term "unknown methods." He specifically says alien.
Actually, he says aliens are the most likely explanation in his book, Chariot of the Gods. But, assuming both L. and the ancients were able to move these heavy objects, I'd be interested in hearing another theory - speculative or not. Magic? Divine Intervention? Lost anti-gravity device? Or some other theory.

I also don't see how one modern man somehow mysteriously replicating the accomplishments of ancient monument builders from many cultures invalidates Von Danikin"s other questions. Specifically the map of the land mass under the antarctic ice caps dated centuries before we knew of it, the lines on the Peruvian plain, the ability to level mountains without machinery, the centuries old crystal skulls, the carvings within the pyramids when no light was available, The identical alignment of the Pyramids of Egypt and those of the Mayan with the constellation Orion, the skull malformation of both Iknaton and Tutencomen, the Mayan calendar from a society that didn't even know how to write, and the list goes on and on. Just claiming that Von D's theory is laughable, doesn't provide an answer, to me.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote:But, assuming both L. and the ancients were able to move these heavy objects, I'd be interested in hearing another theory - speculative or not. Magic? Divine Intervention? Lost anti-gravity device? Or some other theory.
I agree with that part. Obviously they did it somehow and I think even you are not going to suggest that Leedskalnin did it with the help of aliens are you?

As for the other questions, I don't have any idea how it was done, but to me the idea that it was all done with the help of aliens is the most far fetched possibility. Just because we don't know why they did it or how they did it is not cause enough, to me, to start leaping to the conclusion that aliens must have done it or it was all built for aliens.

As for lighting the insides of the pyramids, Leedskalnin figured out some way of generating electricity. Maybe the ancient Egyptians came up with some kind of device for lighting things up. Why not? They sure have us beat with their ability to move those massive blocks.

To me, the most intriguing connection is Leedskalnin. I believe figuring out how he did it is the key to the entire mystery of the ancient civilizations. It's a shame he took his secrets to the grave, but I don't see how anyone can dispute that he did these things all by himself. If nothing else, at least we know why he built Coral Castle. Along with how the ancients built the pyramids, the Nazca lines, etc, I'd also love to know why they built them. My idea is the ancients had some sort of technology that has somehow been lost over time. But aliens? The proof that aliens had anything to do with it simply is not there.
ceejay

Post by ceejay »

As far as moving the blocks goes there is some evidence of an internal ramp in the great pyramid. Given levers and enough people, it's possible to move a 100 ton block up a shallow incline.

It's hardly surprising Akhenaton and Tutankhamun had identical birth defects (they were father and son). The Pharaonic practice of marrying siblings was a sure-fire way of transmitting genetic diseases from one generation to the next.

The crystal skulls are probably 20th century scams.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

RichLB wrote: I'd be interested in reading your support for that contention. Different from you, the questions are confounding to me. If you have any explanations for the issues raised I'd welcome an opportunity to be enlightened.
I noticed two types of questions that were posed regarding UFO/Aliens. One type was a "what if"(speculative) question, for example, "what if Noah was a cross breed of a human and an alien?" Then it was followed up with total nonsense in the response.

The second type of questions were legitimate such as how did the Egyptians build the pyramids and the one you mentioned, "why did they use large stones instead of easy to handle smaller stones.
Rather then give an answer based on engineering, historical records or research by archaeologists they instead invoked the handiwork (if aliens have hands) of extraterrestrials. I see no need to give credit to a bunch of spindly, little, gray creatures when the ancient world had men of genius and ingenuity.

Regarding the use of a large stone rather than a number of smaller stones, one answer is the larger stone requires less cutting/chiseling. The surface area of a larger stone is less then the surface area of smaller stones which would fill the same volume. Of course it is much more difficult to move!

Bottom line the History Channel is trying to entertain its viewership and improve its rating by "dumbing down" their programing.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

windwalker wrote:
I noticed two types of questions that were posed regarding UFO/Aliens. One type was a "what if"(speculative) question, for example, "what if Noah was a cross breed of a human and an alien?" Then it was followed up with total nonsense in the response.
Grin. If you found that one outrageous, wait until you get to the episode that made the claim that the moon was hollow and housed an alien encampment. Even I found that one too ludicrous not to laugh out loud.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

ceejay wrote:As far as moving the blocks goes there is some evidence of an internal ramp in the great pyramid. Given levers and enough people, it's possible to move a 100 ton block up a shallow incline.

The crystal skulls are probably 20th century scams.
You're correct that it would have been possible to use ramps (I think they'd have had to be external, though) to build the pyramids. But, the problem with that theory is that if the Great Pyramid of Cheops was, in fact, built in 20 years as historians claim, a block would have had to be placed every 9 seconds to accomplish that and the ramps would have had to be 2 miles long to get the proper advantage. Other problems with that explanation is that no remnants of a workers camp at any of the ancient sites has ever been found. Housing the thousands that would have been required would certainly have left something (eg, wastes, shards of pots, water delivery system, etc.). To me, the ramp theory raises more questions than the pyramids themselves do.

The problem with claiming the crystal skulls are part of a modern scam is that we do not have the technology as yet to create them without leaving tool marks on the surfaces. Using intense magnification, on the authentic skulls, no such markings have been detected. Another problem with the scam theory is of the nine which have been discovered, they seem to be located in inaccessible locations and only found after extensive archeological digging. Then, of course, there is the dispersion of the skulls. They have been found all over the world and not in just one centralized location. However, in support of the scam hypothesis, there have been found 4 skulls which do have tool markings and have been judged to be of modern creation. Since there are supposed to be 13 of them (I have no idea how they came up with that number) and 9 supposedly authentic ones have been unearthed, that leaves 4 to go. Maybe if they are ever found we will know if they are anything more than decorative objects.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Gaybutton wrote:Obviously they did it somehow and I think even you are not going to suggest that Leedskalnin did it with the help of aliens are you?

As for lighting the insides of the pyramids, Leedskalnin figured out some way of generating electricity. Maybe the ancient Egyptians came up with some kind of device for lighting things up. Why not? They sure have us beat with their ability to move those massive blocks.
As to the first question...nope I'm not going to speculate that aliens helped L. move those blocks. But it is likely that he stumbled across a method similar to that used by the ancients and that leaves us with the questions of where did that knowledge disappear to and where did the ancients learn of it. Note, it was not only the Egyptians who accomplished that, but similar massive structures have been found all over the world.

As to how L. lit the insides of this structure, I imagine he plugged in an electrical cord into a light socket.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote:As to how L. lit the insides of this structure, I imagine he plugged in an electrical cord into a light socket.
No, he didn't. He created some sort of magnetic generator himself. He never had a light socket or even electricity at Coral Castle. Come to think of it, he never had running water either.

I don't know who taught the ancient Egyptians or who taught Leedskalnin. Maybe nobody taught them. Maybe they didn't need anybody to teach them. Maybe they figured it out for themselves. If the knowledge the Egyptians had was taught to them by aliens, then the next logical question is who taught the aliens?
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Gaybutton wrote:
RichLB wrote:As to how L. lit the insides of this structure, I imagine he plugged in an electrical cord into a light socket.
No, he didn't. He created some sort of magnetic generator himself. He never had a light socket or even electricity at Coral Castle. Come to think of it, he never had running water either.

I don't know who taught the ancient Egyptians or who taught Leedskalnin. Maybe nobody taught them. Maybe they didn't need anybody to teach them. Maybe they figured it out for themselves. If the knowledge the Egyptians had was taught to them by aliens, then the next logical question is who taught the aliens?
Gee, I didn't know that L. didn't have electricity or running water. That makes his accomplishment all the more befuddling.

And, don't forget, it wasn't only the ancient Egyptians who built monolithic structures. They re all over the place. It seems unlikely to me that so many ancient civilizations would have discovered the secret of moving those blocks at around the same time and then every one of them would have lost the secret. Your evidence on L.'s accomplishment suggests it was done by some method other than the traditional "ramp and hordes of laborers" explanation. The question remains, then, how did they learn of this secret and how could they have forgotten it?