UFOs

Gaybutton

Re: UFOs

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote:The question remains, then, how did they learn of this secret and how could they have forgotten it?
I can't answer any of those, but I can understand how that kind of a secret was lost. Until ancient Greece and Rome, which came much later, apparently nobody was interested in building mega-structures. There is no evidence that I know of that anyone tried. The Romans and Greeks didn't seem to need those kinds of skills to build their structures and/or by then the knowledge may already have been lost. It could be an example of "if you don't use it, you lose it."

I still think Leedskalnin is the key to all of it. If they ever figure out how he did it, that would probably answer a hell of a lot of questions. It's not only how did he move blocks that weighed tons, but also how did he cut the blocks and cut them with such precision?

Having his skills would also make it a lot easier to move furniture around. It's a good thing I don't have that skill. If I did, I wouldn't be building anything, but I'd very likely sneak over to your place and you'd end up watching your most expensive stuff floating out your window, down to the truck I'd have handy to haul away the goodies . . .
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Gaybutton wrote: I can't answer any of those, but I can understand how that kind of a secret was lost. Until ancient Greece and Rome, which came much later, apparently nobody was interested in building mega-structures. There is no evidence that I know of that anyone tried. The Romans and Greeks didn't seem to need those kinds of skills to build their structures and/or by then the knowledge may already have been lost. It could be an example of "if you don't use it, you lose it."

I still think Leedskalnin is the key to all of it. If they ever figure out how he did it, that would probably answer a hell of a lot of questions. It's not only how did he move blocks that weighed tons, but also how did he cut the blocks and cut them with such precision?
Hmm, I think you are forgetting the Colosseum, the Pantheon, the Parthenon, the Colloseus of Rhodes, etc. Ancient Greece and Rome built plenty of large structures, but had the good sense (or no alternative) to build them of smaller blocks. I also think it unlikely that such a useful tool for moving large objects would have been forgotten. That'd be like forgetting the wheel.

And, again, L. lends support to the argument that some mysterious force was used. If he actually did what is claimed, then I assume he used the same method the ancients had been taught. I just can't believe that so many ancient cultures discovered the same "magical" power on their own and then each of them forgot it. If it was so easy to find, don't you think our modern scientists might have stumbled across it also?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote:Hmm, I think you are forgetting the Colosseum, the Pantheon, the Parthenon, the Colloseus of Rhodes, etc. Ancient Greece and Rome built plenty of large structures
That's exactly what I wrote. I said there were no such large structures between the pyramids and the building of those structures.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

GB, I should have added the ziggaruts, the Temple of Solomon, and any number of other large structures in what is now known as the Holy Land. (I confess I'm not really up on ancient architecture.) But, that being aside, I think the pyramids of Mexico and central America were built quite some time after the Romans and the Greeks. I remember being disappointed that these pyramids were dated somewhere around 1500 AD when i visited them. I had thought they were much older. And, like the Egyptians, we also don't know how those stones were moved.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote:And, like the Egyptians, we also don't know how those stones were moved.
That's the whole point. We don't know. Because we don't know and are convinced that our modern technology corners the market and supersedes all ancient technologies, then many conclude that aliens must be responsible. Leedskalnin did it without any help from aliens and there is absolutely no evidence of any kind that he had alien help, was an alien himself, or was anything other than a human being who somehow knew how to do what he did. If he could do it, why couldn't the ancients?

I don't think aliens had anything to do with it. So far, I have seen no credible evidence of any kind that they were. All I've seen is pure conjecture. To me, this business of "it must have been aliens" is nothing more than a cop out simply because so far we've been unable to figure out how they did what they did.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

If the only unanswered question involved the construction methods of the ancients your skepticism would be more understandable. However,when viewed together with all the other questions which have been chronicled in this thread it just seems like downright denial. You admit you don't have an explanation for any of these anomalies, yet there is one - as unlikely as it may seem. One answer provides a unifying explanation. The excuse that you have no answer for any of the raised issues does not weigh well against the alien hypothesis.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote:it just seems like downright denial.
It's only denial when you have a personal agenda and a strong wish for aliens to be true. If you want to use actual logic, then there is no denial. Sorry, but no evidence, whether by itself or in conjunction with everything that has been brought out even comes close to the idea of aliens. There is absolutely nothing that can't be explained in ways other than aliens. And just because there are questions we can't answer, that doesn't mean, "Oh, it must have been aliens."
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Gaybutton wrote:
RichLB wrote:it just seems like downright denial.
It's only denial when you have a personal agenda and a strong wish for aliens to be true. If you want to use actual logic, then there is no denial. Sorry, but no evidence, whether by itself or in conjunction with everything that has been brought out even comes close to the idea of aliens. There is absolutely nothing that can't be explained in ways other than aliens. And just because there are questions we can't answer, that doesn't mean, "Oh, it must have been aliens."
GB, I'm afraid it IS denial. You claim "There is absolutely nothing that can't be explained in ways other than aliens" How about providing some of those explanations. You have yet to do so. As yet, your only response is to say you deny the only explanation on the table. Let's hear some alternatives to the Nazca lines, the perfect alignment of the pyramids in both Latin America and Egypt with the Orion Nebula, the Mayan calendar created by a people who did not know how to write, those crystal skulls, the elongated heads of Iknaton and Tutenkaman, the prehistoric map of the land mass below the antarctic ice sheet, the absence of any remnants of pyramid construction workers infra structure, petroglyphs of flying vehicles, the debris from the leveled mountains of the Nazca plain, the Leydon jar (the ancient battery), and so on. There is one explanation that fits all these anomalies, but you deny that one. Since you claim all of them can be explained otherwise, please present those alternatives.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote: GB, I'm afraid it IS denial. You claim "There is absolutely nothing that can't be explained in ways other than aliens" How about providing some of those explanations. You have yet to do so. As yet, your only response is to say you deny the only explanation on the table. Let's hear some alternatives to the Nazca lines, the perfect alignment of the pyramids in both Latin America and Egypt with the Orion Nebula, the Mayan calendar created by a people who did not know how to write, those crystal skulls, the elongated heads of Iknaton and Tutenkaman, the prehistoric map of the land mass below the antarctic ice sheet, the absence of any remnants of pyramid construction workers infra structure, petroglyphs of flying vehicles, the debris from the leveled mountains of the Nazca plain, the Leydon jar (the ancient battery), and so on. There is one explanation that fits all these anomalies, but you deny that one. Since you claim all of them can be explained otherwise, please present those alternatives.
Are you kidding me? Re-read my posts. I already suggested an infinitely more logical explanation for the Nazca lines. I also have no idea what makes you think anyone's heads were elongated. Programs about UFOs are not the only programs I watch. I have one about King Tut, for example, saved on DVD that proves his head and the head of his father and grandfather were perfectly normal. I'll be happy to let you borrow it. After you watch it, then tell me all about elongated heads.

I also did not say I or anyone else can explain all the questions. I clearly said there are many questions we don't know the answers to, but leaping to the conclusion that the best explanation is that it must have been aliens defies any semblance of logic. I'll repeat what I said and you even quoted, "just because there are questions we can't answer, that doesn't mean, 'Oh, it must have been aliens.'" The reason I deny "one explanation that fits all these anomalies" is very simple. It's ridiculous.

You keep saying I'm in denial. I say the truth is precisely the opposite.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

GB, did you not say above, "There is absolutely nothing that can't be explained in ways other than aliens" That seems to suggest to me you are aware of other explanations. And perhaps I've forgotten your alternative explanation of the Nazca lines. I can't find it in the thread. I think also, you may want to relook at your DVD about iknaton and King Tut. I don't think we have ever found the mummy of Iknaton so the only evidence we have of his skull geometry is from the drawings he commissioned - and those are of an elongated head. We do have King Tut's mummy, though, and that head is abnormally elongated. By the way, who was King Tut's grandfather? I don't think we know that, do we? Iknaton was his father, but I don't believe we know the identity of the grandfather so I wonder how that DVD could prove anything about an unknown lineage. It all still sounds like denial, to me. You are now even disagreeing with yourself (ie, at one time claiming there are answers to all the raised questions (your post of Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:30 pm) and then saying that there are not (the last paragraph above) Make up your mind!