Where can I buy Boric Acid in Pattaya?

DeE

Where can I buy Boric Acid in Pattaya?

Post by DeE »

I want to buy a box of Boric Acid. I have looked at Friendship/Fascino and of course Big C / Tesco ------no have. I have also checked a couple of my "off the grid" pharmacies and they too don't carry it.
There are 100's of Pharmacies to check....But I don't want to check each and everyone----I am hoping one of you nice men (or not nice men) will be able to actually tell me what specific Pharmacy carries BORIC ACID here in the Pattaya area.

To save you the time of looking it up. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boric_acid

Cheers...
DeE
Gaybutton

Re: Where can I buy Boric Acid in Pattaya?

Post by Gaybutton »

I don't know of any specific pharmacies, but did you ask any pharmacies if they can order it for you?
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

I bought some from Phuket by mail, but I can't find the name of the company where I ordered it.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

What do you need the boric acid for and how much do you need?

I came across shops for chemicals in Bangkok and Chiang Mai, they had a lot of different chemicals, I don't remember boric acid, but that might be a way to go.

I am sure we had a thread about boric acid before, but search brings only this one.
DeE

Post by DeE »

Thank you gentlemen for the suggestions. I will ask one of my "off the grid" Pharmacies if they can order Boric Acid from Bangkok.
ChrisPFC, I only need a hundred grams at this point.

If worse come to worst, I'll have my sisters send me some from the states.

Cheers....
DeE
DeE

Post by DeE »

Just as a follow-up, I tried ordering BORIC ACID from Fasino but after waiting for a week, I went back and was told they couldn't order it from Bangkok. They did show me two different bottles of eye wash that contained as a primary ingredient, boric acid. I purchased the one called "EYE MO".
After several day my eyes cleared up but I'm really not sure if it was the "EYE MO" or if my eyes just naturally cleared up.

I have never ever had any type of eye infections before so this was a first for me. I was trying to figure out how I got an infection in both of my eyes and I can only think it was caused by using those nasty towels that some bars have in their bathrooms to dry my hands on and maybe I touched my eyes after using the towel.

I sure wish all bars and cafes would invest in proper paper towels for their customers. In the future I am going to carry a few paper towels in my pocket.

Cheers...
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

I never use those "multi-user" towels. I just let my hands air dry.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

Do I understand correctly: You had an eye infection and wanted to treat it with boric acid? Consulting a doctor might be a better option, and buying eye drops might be cheaper as you only nead a small amount of a solution (and chemicals used in medicine have to be tested according to "United States Pharmacopoeia" or similar depending on your country, you can't just take any boric acid).

I never had an eye infection, but I had two ear infections, both in Thailand and both required medical attention. Both were in both ears, although to different degrees. I never thought that towels are a health risk.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

christianpfc wrote: I never thought that towels are a health risk.
You, honestly, never thought that using a towel that every Tom, Dick and Harry has used before you was not a health risk?
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

It hasn't. As long as the towel is clean and dry, I have no complaints. You need some germs to keep your immune system working, if you over-sanitize, you get the opposite effect: you get ill easier.

One of the great questions of the universe: how do towels that you use to dry your hands after washing (cleaning) them, get dirty?