UFOs - The Disclosure Project:Sirius

windwalker

Re: UFOs - The Disclosure Project:Sirius

Post by windwalker »

RichLB wrote:I know, we've discussed this before and I seem to be the only one convinced UFOs, alien visitations, and cover ups are real. I'd like to recommend you get a copy of Sirius....... Lots of testimonials from reliable witnesses and enough data to make the most die hard naysayer bite his tongue.
I finally got to view the Sirius Project video. Yes, I did bit my tongue from laughing so much. The worst was the fawning over a deformed Peruvian fetus who they, at first, tried to pawn off as an alien. Laughable. :lol:
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote:Now you are making claims without support.
Here is some of that support I don't have:
Jim Penniston and John Burroughs went to investigate the craft together. In an interview with Larry King on 9 November 2007, Jim Penniston claimed that he did a 45 minutes full investigation of the craft on the ground, touched the craft and took photos of the craft. John Burroughs apparently contradicts this in a separate interview in Robert Stack's Unsolved Mysteries. He states that after suddenly encountering the craft on the ground, "we all hit the ground, and it went up into the trees". The interviews with Jim Penniston and John Burroughs have subsequently been made available on Youtube.

Science writer Ian Ridpath investigated the incident in 1983, initially for BBC TV's Breakfast Time news programme, and on 5 January 1985 wrote an article for The Guardian which did much to discredit the accounts of the UFO sightings at Rendlesham. Ridpath asked local forester Vince Thurkettle about the flashing light, and he indicated that it originated from the lighthouse at Orford Ness, which as seen from the forest edge appears to hover slightly above the ground and would appear to move as the witnesses moved between the trees. At that time, the Orford Ness lighthouse was the second-brightest in England with an intensity of 5 million candelas. In the Halt tape (mentioned above), one can hear an unidentified airman call out "There it is again ... there it is" with an interval of 5 seconds, the same frequency at which the Orford Ness lighthouse flashes.
Had a UFO been present, the airmen should have reported a second source of light (the lighthouse) in the same line of sight. Video footage of the lighthouse as seen from Col Halt's vantage point at the edge of the forest shows it flashing at this rate.

Thurkettle saw the alleged "landing marks", as did the local police, and believed them simply to be old "rabbit diggings" covered with pine needles. USAF photographs of the marks discovered by researcher Georgina Bruni were sent to the MoD by Lord Hill-Norton in 2001 and released under the Freedom of Information Act in 2007. Moreover, the supposed burn marks in the trees were actually axe cuts made by foresters that indicated the trees were ready to be felled. To give further pause to accepting the alleged UFO sighting, a meteor "almost as bright as the full Moon" was spotted over southern England at exactly the time of the initial reports of a bright object "landing" in the forest, according to Dr John Mason, who collects reports of meteor sightings for the British Astronomical Association. "Nothing came down in Rendlesham Forest," concludes Ridpath.

Crucial amongst the evidence is the interpretation of the levels of radiation in the area (clearly heard on the "Halt tape"). Experts at the UK’s National Radiological Protection Board (NRPB) have pointed out that the equipment used for this measurement was not intended to measure background radiation and therefore the readings at the low end of the measurement scale are meaningless.

Steuart Campbell proposes an alternative explanation. He agrees with the standard explanation that the incident began with the sighting of a fireball (bolide) which was interpreted by guards at the base as an aircraft falling in flames in the nearby forest. In fact it would have been hundreds of miles away over the North Sea. Campbell argues that the object subsequently seen by Halt and his men on their nocturnal expedition was the lightvessel Shipwash and that the supposed "spacecraft" were actually bright planets, such as Venus. Campbell is critical of the USAF's abilities with their equipment.

Another theory is that the incident was a hoax. The BBC reported that a former US security policeman, Kevin Conde, claimed responsibility for creating strange lights in the forest by driving around in a police vehicle whose lights he had modified. Conde has since withdrawn the claim that he was responsible for the incident. "It is my impression that I pulled my stunt during an exercise. We would not have had an exercise during the Christmas holiday [when the UFO sightings occurred]. That is a strong indication that my stunt is not the source of this specific incident". It remains possible that the coloured lights seen in the forest on the first night of the incident were due to a hoax by a perpetrator who has never come forward.

Other explanations for the incident have included a downed Soviet spy satellite
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendlesham_Forest_incident

Crackpot
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Let's see - a lighthouse, a meteor, a hoaxer driving around in a jeep, bright planets, trees marked for cutting with an axe and still standing, and a broken radiation machine. Sure, that makes sense. Of course that leaves unexplained the recalled machine code written in the journal and the missing time element. It also avoids the fact that the two soldiers actually saw the thing and one touched it. Of course, they could have put their entire careers in jeopardy by lying about it, but I find that as improbable as the explanations you cited.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote:they could have put their entire careers in jeopardy by lying about it
I don't think they lied. I think they were simply mistaken. As I've said, when one actually lands and ends up on CNN for all the world to see and whoever or whatever is on board emerges, that's when I'll accept that it's an alien spacecraft.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Gaybutton wrote:when one actually lands and ends up on CNN for all the world to see and whoever or whatever is on board emerges, that's when I'll accept that it's an alien spacecraft.
Somehow I doubt that. By the way, if you want to read the far fringes of UFO proponents check out (on Google) Valiant Thor - a Venusian working in the Pentagon and who met with President Eisenhower. That's even beyond my ability to believe, but it's an interesting premise.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote:a Venusian working in the Pentagon and who met with President Eisenhower. That's even beyond my ability to believe
There is actually some truth to that, but he was from the Jupiter moon, Europa . . .
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Oh no! Now we're going to switch sides. You're going to support Valiant Thor and I'm going to have trouble accepting that. I do wonder whatever became of him, though.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote:I do wonder whatever became of him
He became what he always was - a crackpot.

RichLB

Post by RichLB »

The cartoonist could have at least spelled his name right. It's Valiant Thor and he was a real person even if he wasn't an alien as is claimed. You can read about him at http://www.thelivingmoon.com/47john_lea ... or_01.html. It is asserted that he met with Eisenhower, Nixon, Queen Elizabeth and assorted other people. The article is accompanied with pictures of this very ordinary looking man. If he is as claimed he meets GB's criteria of needing to see an actual alien and for that being to interface with world leaders. But, as I said before, this seems way out there to me. UFOs I can accept, but aliens in business suits and working in the Pentagon for 7 years hurts my brain.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote:The cartoonist could have at least spelled his name right.
Did this one get the spelling right?