UFOs - The Disclosure Project:Sirius

RichLB

Re: UFOs - The Disclosure Project:Sirius

Post by RichLB »

Not so fast, GB. Neutrinos, the particles referred to in the above studies possess mass. Einstein postulated that as one approaches the speed of light mass increases and becomes infinite at the speed of light. Thus, the studies you cite refute Einstein. But, that is beside the point since the God Particle is not a neutrino, the Higgs Bosom is a unique result of bombarding atoms and exploring the results of the resulting explosion. I believe it is related to a Tachyon particle, not a neutrino. I have to confess the resulting physics far FAR exceeds my knowledge or understanding of quantum physics. I only present the study to suggest an alternative to space travel as a source of UFOs.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote:Not so fast, GB.
You're right - not so fast. I wish it was. I wish a way really exists for us to travel to the stars and galaxies as fast as we can travel from Newark to Pittsburgh, but so far there if there is such a way, we haven't achieved it. Here we are, busy trying to study and research the possibility of intelligent life existing elsewhere. Suppose we eventually discover it. Suppose our technology exceeds theirs. Suppose there really is a way to travel those kinds of distances and suppose we discover how to do it before they do. Off we'll go, and you know who the aliens will be? Us.

When we get there, are we going there to attack them or cause them any harm? Are we going there to take anything, even if we have to destroy them to get it? Dick Cheney will be long gone by then. Are we going there to shine lights in their skies for awhile and then disappear without making contact because we want to keep our presence shhhhh, a secret? Maybe - just maybe - we'd be going there to try to establish communication and a relationship with them rather than going there to destroy them, kidnap them to vivisect them, just watch them from space - or teach them how to build pyramids . . .

Post by shamahan »

Guys, this topic can be fascinating for the discussion on Dongtan beach but I do not believe that Rich LB actually provided any reference. I mentioned in my previous post that there was a claim by one of the groups of physicists that they accelerated a particle faster than speed of light but that was refuted in further experiments and GB provided a good reference for this story.
Let me notice that if it was true, it would ruin Einstein theory of relativity but it would not mean that the particle moved back in time. I do not think that there was any report about experiments of that sort. Rich LB seems to be profoundly confused about Higgs bosons (which, in fact, have a substantial mass) and nothing related to them so far contradicted existing physics theories (but rather confirmed a great prediction of Higgs).
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

shamahan wrote: Rich LB seems to be profoundly confused about Higgs bosons (which, in fact, have a substantial mass) and nothing related to them so far contradicted existing physics theories (but rather confirmed a great prediction of Higgs).
Boy, you got that right. Rather than the gentle "profoundly confused" you might have used the more accurate "ignorant". But you asked for references. If you google "faster than light" you will be presented with a long list of relevant citations. The one I found easiest to read was - http://www.livescience.com/27920-quantu ... light.html. I'm still looking for the source of my claim that a particle has been sent to a destination and arrived before it was sent. I saw the report on a science program from National Geographic, but still looking for it on the net. I hope, though, we don't divert from the topic of UFOs to discuss theoretical physics because I am certainly out classed on that topic.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Here's something new for the conspiracy theorists and crackpots out there:

Area 51 officially acknowledged, mapped in newly released documents
By Laura Koran, CNN
Thu August 15, 2013

(CNN) -- Area 51 has long been a topic of fascination for conspiracy theorists and paranormal enthusiasts, but newly released CIA documents officially acknowledge the site and suggest that the area served a far less remarkable purpose than many had supposed.

According to these reports, which include a map of the base's location in Nevada, Area 51 was merely a testing site for the government's U-2 and OXCART aerial surveillance programs. The U-2 program conducted surveillance around the world, including over the Soviet Union during the Cold War.

Area 51, about 125 miles northwest of Las Vegas, is synonymous in popular culture with government secrecy, and many have theorized that it holds the answer to one of the greatest questions plaguing mankind: Are we really alone in the universe?

But the newly released documents make no mention of alien autopsy rooms or spaceship parking lots.

This information will be disappointing to some, who have come to view the area has been a Mecca of sorts for alien encounters.

For these true believers, the existence of alien spacecraft at Area 51, and the government's attempts to cover up their trace, is irrefutable and has been since reports of Unidentified Flying Objects -- or UFOs -- began to emerge from the Nevada desert in the middle part of the 20th century.

The map and other documents were released in response to a Freedom of Information Act request submitted by Jeffrey T. Richelson, a senior fellow at the National Security Archives, in 2005.

Richelson submitted the request as part of his continuing study of aerial surveillance programs and told CNN that he was not given an explanation of why the new documents were less redacted than previous versions declassified by the agency.

He points out, however, that the location of Area 51 was not a particularly well-kept secret. Its location appears in books on aerial surveillance and is widely referenced in popular culture.

In fact, the map that was released in the CIA documents mirrors the one that appears after a simple Google Maps search for "Area 51."

Area 51 has also been referenced in government documents in the past, though this newest release is the first that acknowledges its existence and location in a purposeful way.

Richelson told CNN he believes this could signal a dramatic change in the government's willingness to declassify information about the famed base, meaning even more information could come out about Area 51 in the future.

The release of these reports seem to put the theories about aliens and flying saucers to rest for the time being, although they may not be enough to silence the true believers.

At least they still have Roswell, right?

Story, map and videos: http://us.cnn.com/2013/08/15/us/area-51 ... index.html
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

I don't see how the acknowledgement of the existence of Area 51 in any way refutes those of us who believe alien craft have been visiting earth for centuries. Area 51 has hardly been a secret and the fact that it was/is used to test military technology doesn't refute that other objects of interest (possibly alien craft, corpses of beings, etc.) may be present. Not surprisingly Area 51 is not the only "secret" base maintained by the US government. If any extraterrestrial devices ever existed at Area 51 it makes sense that in the ensuing 50+ years they would have been moved to a more clandestine location.
One might wonder why there is a flood of newly declassified information about UFO's being released now - not only in the US, but in several other countries, as well. At least the government seems to have abandoned the weather balloon explanation for the phenomena.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote:fact that it was/is used to test military technology doesn't refute that other objects of interest (possibly alien craft, corpses of beings, etc.) may be present.
Certainly. Isn't it obvious that this latest release is just more government cover-up? You know what refutes the idea that aliens have been visiting for centuries? Proof. Every government somehow ended up in possession of all tangible evidence and won't release it, put any of it on display in museums for the public to see, or acknowledge its existence. El cracko potto.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Gaybutton wrote: Every government somehow ended up in possession of all tangible evidence and won't release it, put any of it on display in museums for the public to see, or acknowledge its existence. El cracko potto.
I can think of lots of reasons why they would elect not to do so - fear of panic, wishing to keep any pirated technology to themselves, destabilizing of religious dogma, exposing decades of government misinformation, putting themselves up for the kinds of ridicule non-believers substitute for reason, etc. What I don't see is any reason they would elect to do so.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote:I can think of lots of reasons why they would elect not to do so
Do you truly believe that every government in the world agreed that if somehow they got their hands on any tangible UFO evidence that might have been found in their country, they'll keep it hidden from everybody else? And when the leadership changed hands by election, coup, assassination, or whatever, the new leadership agreed to comply with keeping it secret? They can't agree on anything else, but they agreed on that? Does that really make sense to you?
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Gaybutton wrote: Do you truly believe that every government in the world agreed that if somehow they got their hands on any tangible UFO evidence that might have been found in their country, they'll keep it hidden from everybody else?
Your question presupposes two conditions. The first is that every government in the world is in possession of ironclad UFO evidence. I'm aware of only four which UFO proponents attribute to house such artifacts - The US, Nazi Germany, the old Soviet Union, and Great Britain. If they are, in fact, hiding the evidence I don't think it's by mutual agreement, but more likely due to self interest. The second condition assumes the governments, themselves, are in control of these artifacts. Some researchers claim a conspiratorial consortium of high ranking military, oil companies, and financial institutions are in a position to keep such secrets. (I find this pretty far fetched, but don't discount it completely.)