La Bocca

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
lvdkeyes

La Bocca

Post by lvdkeyes »

The other evening we ate at La Bocca to have pizza, which is good. Their pasta is inconsistent, so I avoid it. They now have cannoli (not on the menu) which I have been anticipating for a long time. I found the cannolo very good with a nice crispy shell and good tasting filling. When I got the bill I was shocked to see they charge 220 baht for 1 cannolo. That's $7.33USD at the current exchange rate. I did a search for the price of cannoli in the US and found the highest price at $2.50USD. Needless to say I will not be having any cannoli there again.
lvdkeyes

Re: La Bocca

Post by lvdkeyes »

It has been pointed out tome that I was wrong about the price of a cannolo. It is 210 baht, not 220. As if 10 baht makes a difference!
2lz2p

Re: La Bocca

Post by 2lz2p »

I ate there for the first time last week. I found the food quite good, but they are a bit pricy - in part I have heard from friends because they import many of their ingredients. I tried an unusual dish as the description intrigued me - "ear" pasta with sausage & smoked cheese served covered with a baked pizza crust. Ear pasta turned out to be what I usually call "bow tie" pasta. I also had a side of grilled veggies (eggplant, zucchini, and bell pepper) which was good, but would have been better if it had had some grated Parmesan cheese. However, I though 120 Baht for one regular coffee was a bit much.

I was with a large group and many different dishes were ordered; no one had any complaints and there were several compliments. A friend of mine has eaten there several times as it is close to his condo - but he said he only has the Pizza, which he thinks is very good - he said he didn't recommend their other dishes. One person in my group ordered the Caesar Salad - I had considered it, but at 290 Baht thought it was too much. The person who had the Salad said it was excellent and to his surprise also included chicken - he said it was a meal in itself. Another friend sitting across from me ordered the Rocket Salad - it was prepared at the table and also included pasta - it was also very large - he shared some with a few of us and it was very tasty.

They had a few other dishes on the menu that also looked interesting. I will go back and try some other dishes - the style of Italian food is billed as Sicilian and may be prepared slightly different from the way other Italian restaurants prepare it. If you are driving, there is parking in the rear - turn in at the Hanuman Statue and turn left in the first narrow soi - parking area will be a short distance on left - there is a La Bocca sign and an entrance door.