Yet another school shooting in USA - 20 children dead

Jomtienbob

Re: Yet another school shooting in USA - 20 children dead

Post by Jomtienbob »

Crabby, they already have. Of Marijuana. And we all know how effective that has been. No problem finding weed anywhere in America, and just ask Mexico, how the war on drugs is doing there.

Very hard to put the genie back in the bottle, especially with the prevalence of guns on the street, but gun buybacks seem to work at reducing the number in circulation. I cannot see the US ever repealing the second amendment.

What a shame that the USA has become such a violent place to live.
crabby

Re: Yet another school shooting in USA - 20 children dead

Post by crabby »

I think a lot of the violence is perceived, as in it is splashed all over everything here when it happens. I have lived in some of the worst "perceived" neighborhoods in Texas and Alabama and have never been robbed or in fear of harm. In the short time I was in Thailand I was robbed four times by criminals and once by police. Thomas was held up at gunpoint in the market at 2pm. Nothing was done, nothing reported, nothing investigated. If every newspaper, radio and TV station blasted every person on the planet with those experiences, you would think Pattaya was a very dangerous and violent place to live. Just because it is reported doesn't make it worse.