OBAMA WINS!

Undaunted

OBAMA WINS!

Post by Undaunted »

Obama takes Ohio and gives him 274 electoral votes 4 more than needed to win. :D
Gaybutton

Re: OBAMA WINS!

Post by Gaybutton »

A victory for us all! Now, if he gets a Democratic house and senate along with it, we won't have four more years of gridlock.

And for those who were convinced Romney would win . . . .

One aspect of the election I like best is the enormous fortune the Republicans spent on the campaign - and they still lost. Maybe they'll take that into consideration in 2016.

I believe the main reason Romney lost was best said by Abraham Lincoln: "You can fool some of the people all of the time and you can fool all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time."
Jomtienbob

Post by Jomtienbob »

Obama wins, America rejects fascism.

Dems keep the Senate, GOP keeps the house.

Willard is about to concede.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

In the end Obama got 303 electoral votes; enough to, not only win, but a decided win. No close call here!
Jomtienbob

Post by Jomtienbob »

And a real mess for Obama, as it would create reasons for the right to argue his legitimacy. (even worse than they have been).

Last I heard, according to them he's a Black Muslim, Kenyan Colonialist, Gay murderer.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

With Obama now declared a winner in Florida the total of electoral votes he received is 332; a resounding incontestable victory.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Now I'm even more happy that Obama won. When Romney's own people start turning on him, that tells me something.

Jindal Slams Romney for 'Gifts' Comment about Minorities, Young Voters

Posted by CNN's Ashley Killough and Kevin Bohn

(CNN) – Republican Gov. Bobby Jindal of Louisiana fiercely shot back at Mitt Romney’s claim Wednesday that President Barack Obama outmatched the 2012 Republican presidential nominee by offering "gifts" to African-Americans, Hispanics and young voters.

“I absolutely reject that notion,” Jindal, who was a surrogate for Romney’s campaign, said at the Republican Governors Association conference in Las Vegas. “I think that's absolutely wrong.”

“I don't think that represents where we are as a party and where we're going as a party,” he continued. “That has got to be one of the most fundamental takeaways from this election.”

Romney made the comments on a call with top donors Wednesday afternoon, various news outlets have reported. The former Massachusetts governor also made similar arguments on a separate call earlier in the morning, CNN confirmed.

"What the president, president's campaign did was focus on certain members of his base coalition, give them extraordinary financial gifts from the government, and then work very aggressively to turn them out to vote," Romney said in the afternoon call, according to audio aired on ABC News.

Romney, who lost to Obama by 126 electoral votes, said the president courted voters by offering policies - some of them this election year - that appealed to key constituencies.

Full story: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... ung-voters
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Romney just doesn't get it. He lost and it was because of him and no one or anything else.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:He lost and it was because of him and no one or anything else.
Do the terms "denial," "sour grapes," and "sore loser" come to mind? Romney is not alone. Far too many people blame their own failings and shortcomings on everyone and everything except themselves.

Romney needs to come to terms with it and accept the fact that he lost. Nothing is going to change that and playing the blame game won't change it either. It's over. I'm sure most people understand how badly he must feel about it, but he needs to move on.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Sadly, it's not just him, but many of the GOP supporters feel the same way. I don't recall there being such an uproar when Bush stole the election from Gore.