Jakarta, any advice?

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
gearguy

Jakarta, any advice?

Post by gearguy »

I've been chatting with a few nice guys from Jakarta on Gay Romeo and am thinking of going there for a side trip, next trip to SE Asia.

Looking for any advice anyone has.

Is there a specific gay area?
any hotel recommendations?, gay friendly, or at least joiner friendly to don't care?
must see and do?

Utopia seemed a bit sparse on info.

Thanks for any insights!
pong

Re: Jakarta, any advice?

Post by pong »

ever been to Indo-even if it was just Bali? Its much more, uh, ''3d world'' as TH is-and much, much more as Malaysia.
No, there is no ''gay'' area. About any HTL is ''visitor''friendly-sex does not matter, IF you hire a double room from the onsett. But I dont know about the International hi-class 4/5** places. But much, much more as even BKK JKT look at area-the city is about impossible to pass by-BKK is like a dream compared. Maybe, if youre not too queemish, try to use the own-route BRT=Bus rapid transit, a kind of cheap (bus and not train) but very heavily overfilled heavy transit. JKT as such als hardly has any real tourist-sights-for those go elsewghere on pulau Java.
I have not found utopia very imofrmative in about any of Asia's countries-simply look at the nr of postings. Maybe try/look at trevvy (site from SIN_but thats thus heavily influenced by the general Sin'gy'fear of crime und un-safety-ness, as their govmt. tells them anyday in the news. I think there are a few -dated but still useable-postings on the outofTh forumpart of gaythailand.com-or simply just look at sawasdee-gay-TH
Gaybutton

Re: Jakarta, any advice?

Post by Gaybutton »

gearguy wrote:I've been chatting with a few nice guys from Jakarta on Gay Romeo
Have you tried asking any of them for the information you seek? It seems to me if they're gay, on Gay Romeo, and they live there, then they would know more about it than any of us.