Ankor Wat Trip

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
Jun

Re: Ankor Wat Trip

Post by Jun »

Can be done in a few hours, but merits several days. Most people should be highly impressed by the Angkor Wat complex.
Of course some other people rarely praise anything.

Then there's a good chance of finding some company for the evening in Linga bar.
lonelywombat

Post by lonelywombat »

I have only just seen this and wondered if you have been and returned home.

I have just left Siem Reap and once again had a good time.

Please update the thread.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lonelywombat wrote:Please update the thread.
Why not do the same? If you just came back, how about a trip report?
lonelywombat

Post by lonelywombat »

My trip was an add on to my trip to Phnom Penh, and I flew with Cambodia Air to Siem Reap. I did not try PP for contacts but had made contact with a number of Siem Reap boys from Gayromeo. It took a little patience to weed out the PP gay guys but I had a reasonable list and a number of replies before I arrived. Most were good value ,nothing like the overworked GR in Pattaya.

I stayed again at Golden Banana ground floor near the pool and enjoyed my time. The trip from front door of GB up the lane towards the river to the shopping mall, was but 50 yards, and the other end at the entrance to the mall was the small bridge.

The thing I enjoyed was the ability to have a drink, lunch or dinner within Golden Banana, as it rained daily.This allowed time to engage with the boys to discuss how hard things are for them and the very strict laws they have to live with. They seemed more comfortable talking away from the rooms.

The places I liked to eat at were mainly Italian. I was ripped off at a Place called AHA restaurant, who charged double the price of wine in Australia, in a duty free country. Dinner at best was so so.

The restaurants in Pub Street and immediate surrounding area, I avoided as I liked to try the places just outside where locals seemed to dine.

The owner of the Station Wine Bar suggested several places to dine and arranged for a pizza to be delivered for me ,whilst waiting for the show to start. I went there the wednesday,friday and saturday nights they had the show and maybe called in for a night cap other times.

http://thestationwinebarsiemreap.com/

I enjoyed the social atmosphere, was not in a tourist but relaxing mood, enjoyed the massages and can highly endorse the trip for those seeking an alternative.