What's a Proxy and how do I get one

RichLB

What's a Proxy and how do I get one

Post by RichLB »

Ok, I confess I'm a college football fan. There is a site that streams all the games (along with almost all sports) but last year it got blocked in Thailand. It's called FirstrowSports (http://www.thefirstrow.eu/). When clicking on the desired event, you are directed to a page that explains that because of fears of betting on outcomes, the site is not available except through a proxy. I'm not real sure what a proxy is or how to get one. I googled it and was directed to some free proxy sites but they didn't work. Can anyone explain how I can get a proxy that will work and satisfy my addiction to college football? If so, thanks.
lexusgs

Re: What's a Proxy and how do I get one

Post by lexusgs »

Rich

A proxy replaces your IP address(this shows your location from Thailand to a different country. Most decent paid for proxy providers allow you to choose which country you would prefer to use as your location. I used to work in the Mid East and these services were very useful as all gay orientated sites are blocked

Here's one I can recommend.

www.banana-vpn.com
Pattayamale

Re: What's a Proxy and how do I get one

Post by Pattayamale »

I use reliablehosting. About 5 dollars a month. They will even take control of your computer or tablet an set it up free for you with your permission. Has 24 hour support too included in the price. I have used them for a few years and have had no problem
Pattayamale
Living happily