A few riddles just for fun!

Alex

Re: A few riddles just for fun!

Post by Alex »

Bob wrote:It was on tv almost every year in the 50's and 60's and that's probably when you and I saw it; however, I'd bet that there's a whole lot of people under 40 years of age who've never watched it.
Very good point, Bob, I have to admit that I've never watched the movie The Wizard of Oz. Not even once. I do know it as a stage play from high school though.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Alex wrote:I've never watched the movie The Wizard of Oz. Not even once.
It's hokey, corny, and outdated - but I hope you'll watch it once anyway. I think it's one of those few movies everybody should see at least once during their life. It was made in 1939, the same year "Gone With the Wind" was made - and many film buffs to this day still rate "Gone With the Wind" as the greatest movie ever made. I don't know that I'd necessarily agree, but it definitely is worth watching a hell of a lot more than "Shrek." And in 1939, those were the days long before any semblance of special effects techniques available today. If you've never seen "Gone With the Wind," I hope you watch that one too. I just hope you're not so young that you're completely unaware of the American Civil War . . .

Out of curiosity, Alex, have you ever seen, or at least heard of, any of the movies on my quiz?

I also disagree with the idea that knowing old movie classics says a thing about your age. I didn't know one's age determines one's interest in classic films.

However, for us old fogies, you know you're really old if you get sexually aroused by the idea of June Cleaver giving you a lap dance . . .
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Several years ago when Gone With the Wind was making its rounds in theaters again a friend of mine who was from Atlanta, no less, said he had never seen it. I told him he really needed to see it because it is one of the great movies. After he went to see it he told me it was the stupidest movie he had ever seen because of the ending. I couldn't believe what he was saying. I asked him to explain. He said there was this battle field with all these bodies laying around and then it ended. I had a good laugh and told him he had left at the intermission and had only seen half of the movie.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:I had a good laugh and told him he had left at the intermission and had only seen half of the movie.
Now that's funny, although I can actually understand it if your friend was young enough never to have seen a movie that had an intermission. I might be wrong, but the most recent movie I can remember off the top of my head that had an intermission was "Patton."
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

My friend was my age.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Gaybutton wrote: Out of curiosity, Alex, have you ever seen, or at least heard of, any of the movies on my quiz?
I actually love to watch movies, and when I was young I watched many movies with my grandmother, including quite a number of classic movies back then. For whatever reason, I've watched Gone with the Wind at least twice, maybe it was just shown on TV more often than The Wizard of Oz when I was a child. So I wouldn't mind watching the latter some day, given the opportunity.

Regarding your quiz and to satisfy your curiosity, I've watched the following movies from your list:

Spartacus (1), Harry Potter (3), A Few Good Men (4), Apollo 13 (6), The Bridge on the River Kwai (9), Mutiny on the Bounty (12), Gone with the Wind (13), 2001 (14), The Exorcist (15), The Godfather (16), The Nutty Professor (18), The Terminator (25).

So, more than just a few, but unlike you, I'm not good with remembering quotes from movies at all! The only ones from your quiz that I could have solved without cheating are those from Harry Potter and Apollo 13.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

I have seen about five of these movies and never heard of about five.
It's not only a question of age, but where you grew up as well.
There are movies I can watch again and again (a few years apart): James Bond, Terminator 2 and 3, those about Hannibal Lecter.

Here two movie qoutes I like:
actor A: Are you sure about this... me and her?
actor B: Your confusion is not rational. She is a healthy female of breeding age.
actor A: Well, I think there's a little more to it than that...
actor B: My database does not encompass the dynamics of human pair bonding.
My all-time favorite:
When I buy my wife, at first she cook good, her vagine worked well, she strong on plow, but three years later when she was fifteen, she receive hair on her chest, her voice become deep, and her vagine hang like sleeve of wizard.
When I buy my wife; three years later, when she was fifteen - hilarious!