Just when you thought you've seen everything . . .

Gaybutton

Just when you thought you've seen everything . . .

Post by Gaybutton »

QR Code Condoms Let You Check In Before Getting It On

The pre-coital check-in has officially arrived.

Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest (PPGNW) distributed more than 50,000 condoms in QR code-emblazoned wrappers to college students in the state of Washington. The wrappers enable people to scan the QR code with their smartphone to check in to the site wheredidyouwearit.com and anonymously let the world know where they practiced safe sex. Users can also check in to the site by computer.

The promotion was originally launched to mark National Condom Week, which ran from Feb. 14 through Feb. 21, but the site is still live.

Planned Parenthood said the site “is like Foursquare for people who don’t want a sexually transmitted infection.”

The site has already attracted more than 4,500 check-ins and 65,000 visitors, PPGNW’s new media coordinator Nathan Engebretson told ABC News.

Most check-ins are clustered in Washington, but the site’s interactive map has also registered notifications from as far away as Iran, Equatorial Guinea and Bolivia.

The site allows people not just to geo-tag their sexy time, but also add a bit more detail. People can record their age, gender and that of their partner, and why they use condoms. You can also rate your safe sex experience on a scale of “Things can only improve from here” to “Rainbows exploded and mountains trembled.” And you can get more specific about where you did the deed — selectable options include “the great outdoors,” “at a party,” “in the shower,” and “someplace else.”

Engebretson told ABC News the QR Code condoms can be a useful tool in popularizing safe sex.

“This isn’t about bragging. It’s not about digital notches in your bedpost,” he said. “Even if people have no desire to check in, they’re still getting the sense of how many people like them use condoms.”

Story and Video: http://mashable.com/2012/03/02/qr-code-condoms/
lvdkeyes

Re: Just when you thought you've seen everything . . .

Post by lvdkeyes »

This makes me feel uneasy. Too much like Big Brother!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:Too much like Big Brother!
In this context, "Big Brother" might very well be synonymous with incest. It does, however, give me an idea for a new program for Fox News. Along with "The O'Reilly Factor," they could also do a daily show about the results of the submissions. Title for the show - "The Fuck Factor"

Modern technology gone haywire. I'd love to get into a time machine so I can see what's going on with technology about 15,000 years from now. Given the direction some things are going these days, I shudder to think what the future will be like. Maybe they'll have "Gay Roboteo." No more Gay Romeo - just create an online sex robot to your specifications - one that really means it when he says, "I do everything." Then just beam him over. After the act, he self-destructs or you get to keep him - your choice. But don't forget to give him his tip . . .
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Why give him a tip if he is going to self destruct?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:Why give him a tip if he is going to self destruct?
He's going to send the money back to robo-mama first. Some things never change . . .
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

Gaybutton wrote: - just create an online sex robot to your specifications - one that really means it when he says, "I do everything."
Unfortunately, life isn't that easy. I recognize the boy of my dreams when I see him, but I cannot describe him.