Question for somebody who downloads torrents

Dale1

Question for somebody who downloads torrents

Post by Dale1 »

Sorry, not specifically "gay Thailand", but I am sure someone here can help me ........ I have downloaded a torrent of a Norwegian movie ...... in the file that was downloaded is the "avi" of the movie, which plays fine with Norwegian dialog with no subtitles ... there is also a folder downloaded called "Subs" which contains a file called "English.srt" ........... what do I do to get the movie to play with the subtitle activated?

Many thanks.
Gaybutton

Re: Question for somebody who downloads torrents

Post by Gaybutton »

It's quite simple. Your video and the SRT file must both have exactly the same filename. If they don't, you'll have to rename them so that they do, and any name will do as long as they are both the same. Do not rename the extenders. The following example is the way to do it:

Video.avi
Video.srt

Both the video on the srt file must be in the same folder.

Once you've done that, the subtitles will show when you play the video. Any video player software should do it. Most will pick up the subtitles automatically. If not, then you'll probably have to right click on the video and turn on the subtitles.

If you're going to place the video on a DVD, most decent DVD burning software will have an option to include the subtitles in the process.
Dale1

Re: Question for somebody who downloads torrents

Post by Dale1 »

Got it to work just fine ...........many thanks.

TAKE CARE!!