Momento French Restaurant

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
lvdkeyes

Momento French Restaurant

Post by lvdkeyes »

Tonight 5 of us ate at this restaurant which is in the CoCo Resort. 2 had several Thai dishes, 1 had salmon steak, 1 had croque monsuer (sp) and 1 had cheeseburger. Portions are large. All the food was excellent and very reasonably priced, about 2000 baht for all. It was very busy, so the next time I would be sure to make a reservation. All the seating is outdoor beside the pool. It is located on Thrappaya Rd, Soi 15 (Norway) which is the Soi that runs beside Mata Hari. Phone: 081 7620638 - 080 1054040 - 038 050261.
DeE

Re: Momento French Restaurant

Post by DeE »

Thank you for the review. Sounds like a place to try in the future.

I wonder why the owner decided to name the French Restaurant a Spanish name "Momento" or does Momento mean something in French? I remember my High School Spanish class where "One Moment please" would be translated to "Uno momento por favor"

Does the menu have any Spanish dishes by chance?

Cheers...
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

I have no idea how the name came about. I didn't notice any Spanish dishes on the menu, only French, American and Thai.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Momento may well be Italian rather then Spanish. Maybe French people think Momento is chic?
avidflyer

Post by avidflyer »

I ate there last night and both the Thai and French staff were delightful, as was the food. A starter and main should be enough for two moderate eaters. There is a small charge for "splitting." It is a unique dinning experience in Pattaya. Reservations suggested. I will go back 4 sure....soon.