Husband Hunting Expedition

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
Thing

Re: Husband Hunting Expedition

Post by Thing »

Jun wrote: When is the next installment?
Xmas sought of slowed things down a bit, I'll finish it off just after next week when the partying grinds to a halt ;)
Thing

Post by Thing »

Smiles wrote: Sorry Thing ~ but the prose is downright painful, the adventures are at the very least binderdundat (by the experts here :? ), the never-ending scrolling is an unnecessary chore (like lint in my navel), and the sex is, er, 'shitty': (Your word, not mine).
Seems more people like it the way it is, so I'll leave it... Never ending scrolling?? What do suggest? I make a movie :lol: Long pieces of writing on the internet or computers require scrolling, for you I will make a special one just one page long so you don't have to scroll :D
xiandarkthorne

Post by xiandarkthorne »

Just write what you like as you like and don't worry about the "great literary critics". Over the years, I have learned that on any board, there will always be people you simply have to ignore. They criticize so many things, from poor dead old ladies to the way puppies refuse to bark in tune, that it's simply impossible to lend anything they say the least semblance of credibility. The way I see it, I am not going to start tearing out my hair every time I hear an old capon shitting.
I'm too old to be an enfant terrible so I'll just have to settle for being an irrrrrrrascible old fart! My Blog is here http://xiandarkthorne.blogspot.com/
lonelywombat

Post by lonelywombat »

I was more than surprised when I posted a link on sawatdee at the response by posts and by PMs. Hell I am 75 and I can still remember what it was like to be young. Obviously some have aged quicker than me.

This guy is celebrating his sexuality. No one has to read it all the way through or to make corrections. I was in Cambodia at the same time as some of the barmy army. Wished I had some of the places in my list to visit but maybe next time.

We have a young man in our family who believes one fuck missed out on is one never caught up with. Thing and he I think would get along well.

There was criticism about the use of blowie. Here in Aust we have shops we call "Blow and go" there are also shops called" Rub and Tug" There is a difference between each one, but until I finish my detailed research, I cant say what the difference is.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

So Lonely, I'm I to assume your take on this blog is it is not a work of fiction and it’s a real travel log by a person as depicted in the writing? I seem to recall another poster some time ago that you supported as being who he said he was, a 20 something hunk from Spain if I recall? Whatever happened with him? Did you ever have a face to face, or did anyone whose identity is well known, have a face to face with that guy?
lonelywombat

Post by lonelywombat »

Pennyboy has been a regular poster on the other forum and seems to have been accepted . He has contributed in his own way and those whose knives were out seemed to have faded away.

Yours is the first negative post I have seen for a year, about him. If you followed the lynching mob that spewed insults at him for months, I think you will find they had personal points to grind and went after him like a pack of starving dogs.

That was the style that forum had then.

As for the blog whether it is fact or fiction who cares . If it has upset your applecart, then bad luck. Others are not too old to remember and be envious.
Alex

Post by Alex »

I enjoyed reading the report and I don't care if it's (partly) fictional. What counts is that it makes a good read, and it does, as far as I'm concerned.

Can't wait for the second part Thing!

Merry Christmas to all of you, by the way.
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

lonelywombat wrote:" ... Pennyboy has been a regular poster on the other forum and seems to have been accepted ... "
Assuming you are referring to Trongpai's last post (just above yours): where did he mention Pennyboy? Where did you get the idea that Pennyboy is 'Thing'?

'Thing' says he's young . . . 'Pennyboy' says he's old: his quote on Sawatdee: " ... As an old farang I can assure you that when a young Thai guy got his lips round my cock there are no wrinkles to be seen ... " [ http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... ml#p212378 ].

This is hardly the first time a post by Lonelywombat has made my head shake until my eyes have glazed over. So please Lonely ... please tell us who you are talking about?
And why attribute a posters name to Trongpai when he doesn't even mention any name, and the name 'Pennyboy' has never once come up in this thread?
And in general: what are you on about?
Or perhaps better ... what are you on? :shock:
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Gentlemen, the topic of this thread is Thing's "Husband Hunting Expedition" blog. I'd appreciate it if we stick to the subject rather than having this thread degenerate into accusations, innuendo, and put-downs - all of which are violations of this board's posting rules.
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

Whoooaaaa Nelly!!: chastened as only Gaybutton can chasten.
Back to huntin' those elusive husbands. :roll:
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )