Are there no Thai restaurants in Pattaya?

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
TomUK

Are there no Thai restaurants in Pattaya?

Post by TomUK »

I am planning a holiday trip to Pattaya and thought I have a look through the restaurant reviews to get some ideas where I can eat some good Thai food. Now it could be my bad eyesight, but I could not find a single review for a Thai restaurant. I have come up with a few explanations and I wonder which one it might be:

1. There are no Thai restaurants in Pattaya. If I want to eat some good Thai food I should stay in London where there is plenty of choice.

2. Members of this board do not like Thai food and will never ever go to a Thai restaurant.

3. Members of this board do not have any Thai friends who could introduce them to Thai food, or if they do have Thai friends these always insist on eating farang food all the time.

4. Sarah Palin

So which one is it? By the way, this is not a poll. There are no points or prizes.

TomUK
Gaybutton

Re: Are there no Thai restaurants in Pattaya?

Post by Gaybutton »

TomUK wrote:I wonder which one it might be
You left out not having any idea what the names of the restaurants might be, since they're written in Thai. Obviously there are Thai food restaurants virtually everywhere. I've never reviewed any of them because I prefer farang food. Maybe your post will prompt others to post some reviews if they have favorites. And no law says those reviews have to be limited to Pattaya.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Try Rin Kitchen in Pattaya. Take road from Pattaya to Jomtien (Thappraya Rd); Turn left into Soi 9. Rins in on right about 100/200 meters. Near Sansuk Sauna.

There is always Ruen Thai which is on Second Rd on right; not far from Royal Garden.

For a more pricey but worthwhile and unique dinning experience there is Sugar Hut and Cabbages & Condoms.
penguin

Post by penguin »

There's a great place across the road and up a bit from Tukcom. It has two floors, is very simple like a canteen, and it has farang-friendly menus but I was taken there by Thai friends who rate it highly. I've no idea what it's called or the name of the street it's on. I think from now on though I will refer to it as The Sarah Palin.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Don't forget about Cabbages & Condoms and Sugar Hut.
TheCornerBar

Post by TheCornerBar »

Diagonally across from Tuk-Com is Oh-Ah-Harn-Thai. It is very good, AC upstairs, huge menu, and about 120b per person for farrang sized portions. We usually get several dishes and share.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

I've always enjoyed the Thai food at Vientiene Restaurant at the Sukhumvit end of Thapyra (spelling). Of course my now favorite eatery for Thai food is the always full noodle shop on Chaiyapruk in Jomtien right next to the bus station that goes to the airport. Really good, Thais love it and unbelievably inexpensive
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote:I've always enjoyed the Thai food at Vientiene Restaurant at the Sukhumvit end of Thapyra (spelling).
"Thapyra" doesn't go to Sukhumvit.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Gaybutton wrote:"Thapyra" doesn't go to Sukhumvit.
Oops. I meant Thepprasit (I always get the two names confused and I've lived off Thapyra for over 5 years).
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote:I've lived off Thapyra for over 5 years
Gee whiz . . . After 5 years I would have thought you would have known by now it's pronounced "tah pra YAH," but definitely not "tah py ra." Oh well, don't feel too bad. We both know people who've lived here for years, but still think they live in "jawm-shun" and the city is "pa TAY ya" and they are "fa RANG," like rang a bell.