What I'm looking for is

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Captain Kirk

What I'm looking for is

Post by Captain Kirk »

....a consistently good Steak Pie. Any recommendations?
Gaybutton

Re: What I'm looking for is

Post by Gaybutton »

Captain Kirk wrote:....a consistently good Steak Pie. Any recommendations?
Being American and not knowing much about British foods or what you would consider to be good, the Café Ritz in Jomtien Complex has it on their menu, and that restaurant gets consistent high marks. That would be my recommendation for at least giving it a try.

Also, many of the foods you probably like are available at Jameson's: http://www.jamesons-pattaya.com
richsilver

Post by richsilver »

Pig & Whistle Jomtien opened this week across from the Top's Daily. I was there last night with some friends and it's quite good. They do have various meat pies, but I didn't try any.
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

Gaybutton wrote:
Captain Kirk wrote:....a consistently good Steak Pie. Any recommendations?
Being American and not knowing much about British foods or what you would consider to be good, the Café Ritz in Jomtien Complex has it on their menu, and that restaurant gets consistent high marks. That would be my recommendation for at least giving it a try.

Also, many of the foods you probably like are available at Jameson's: http://www.jamesons-pattaya.com
Hadn't seen Cafe Ritz but noticed it after you mentioned it here. Quick look at the menu shows it's a Steak & Kidney Pie they do. Kidney is a no no. Horrible stuff.
Good try but the search continues...
Don't see Steak Pie on the Jameson's menu however may have a go at the Mince and Tatties sometime. Will have a look at P&W when I'm passing.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

If you do find what you're looking for, please don't forget to tell the rest of us. I'd be interested in trying it.
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

Gaybutton wrote:If you do find what you're looking for, please don't forget to tell the rest of us. I'd be interested in trying it.
Will do GB. Thought I had found it at Sea Fresh but after a good start I've had a couple not so great and then an appalling one so that's off the menu.
Incidentally for a mixed grill I wouldn't go anywhere else. It's brilliant.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Captain Kirk wrote:I Thought I had found it at Sea Fresh
I've never been there. Here is their web site: http://seafreshpattaya.com/

Oddly enough, they don't include their location on their web site. Their little map looks like Beach Road or Walking Street to me. Where is it?
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

Gaybutton wrote:
Captain Kirk wrote:I Thought I had found it at Sea Fresh
I've never been there. Here is their web site: http://seafreshpattaya.com/

Oddly enough, they don't include their location on their web site. Their little map looks like Beach Road or Walking Street to me. Where is it?
Nah, its on Thappraya Rd. Small open front place. On the same side of the road as Manhattans, further down the hill.
It's opposite the Seven Oaks Inn if that helps. Also has Union Flag above it.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Captain Kirk wrote:its on Thappraya Rd. Small open front place. On the same side of the road as Manhattans, further down the hill.
It's opposite the Seven Oaks Inn if that helps. Also has Union Flag above it.
Yes, I know exactly where that is. I'll have to try it. I've probably gone right past it countless times and never even noticed it. If you approve of their mixed grill, I'm definitely going to try it. I know how finicky you can be about food, so if you like it, then it's gotta be good.
monty

Post by monty »

Hi All
If you want Good Pies Come to MONTY'S I have Them All,,, Steak Pie Mash And Peas/gravy.
Steak& Kidney,Steak & onion,Pork Pie, Corish Pasty,Suet Puddings,Steak& kidney, Plus Apple Pie Or Rhubarb Pie.Plus Scotch Eggs,Cold Hams.Roast Beef ,Pork. AND CORN BEEF,Fresh breads/Rolls.
Sometime what your seeking is right under your nose ,We Have it All At MONTY"S CAF'E BAR & DELI>
PLEASE COME AND TRY.