Scraggles

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Scraggles

Post by Gaybutton »

DavidJarrett wrote:I do NOT in any way like facial hair!!!!!!!
I do, but only when sported by the right people. Can you imagine Santa Claus without the beard and mustache? Col. Sanders? Karl Marx? Groucho Marx? Mr. T? How about Monty? I can't even imagine Monty without the beard and mustache. I wouldn't be interested in sex with any of those people either - well, maybe Monty - but they just wouldn't look right to me without the beards and mustaches.

Regarding the Thai boys, I have yet to ever see one who looks right to me, or even attractive to me, with a beard or mustache.
ralfo

Post by ralfo »

Thai boys were born to be smooth and hairless.
xiandarkthorne

Post by xiandarkthorne »

christianpfc wrote:I once had a boy, and after dropping several hints about shaving he told me that he has Asian customers who prefer his scraggles.
That really is quite true. Like me, most Chinese men have a bit of a problem growing a nice moustache or goatee - which has been considered to be a manifestation of manliness for a long time now. The traditional classics praise many historical personages for having a full growth of beard (the thicker and longer the better in fact) so it isn't really surprising that many Asian clients opt for a scraggly guy in a bar.

As for body hair, that's another interesting divide in Asian thinking that I know of - most go for smooth but manly, I believe, while a few (again like me) like body hair enough to opt for a guy with a hairy chest whenever available (though not on the ladyboys I occasionally bed - THAT would freak me out no end!) :lol:

So quite frankly, while I do not claim to speak for all Asian habitues of bars, I really can't imagine the great majority making a beeline for "slim, smooth, small and sweet." But having said that, I must also say that despite claims to the opposite effect, I did observe enough "young and manly" guys in Pattaya to make it a viable holiday venue for the average Asian sex tourist.
I'm too old to be an enfant terrible so I'll just have to settle for being an irrrrrrrascible old fart! My Blog is here http://xiandarkthorne.blogspot.com/
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

From a caucasian point of view these beards are just ridiculous (but look unattractive to me). When I studied in England, we had a "Beard Race" (who can grow the best looking beard in 4 weeks), which I participated in as this was a welcome excuse to stop shaving (I don't like shaving, and I don't like to have a beard, a compromise is to shave only twice a week, unless I am in Thailand, then daily). It showed that some of us just couldn't grow a decent beard, only some ridiculous scraggles.

Strong language alert! Don't continue reading if you can't stand strong language!

When I was in the army, we used to call these beards that just don't look right "Gesichtsfotze" (which roughly translates as "facial cunt", meaning that the beard looks like a women's pubic hair transferred to a man's face).
xiandarkthorne

Post by xiandarkthorne »

christianpfc wrote:From a caucasian point of view these beards are just ridiculous (but look unattractive to me). ..It showed that some of us just couldn't grow a decent beard, only some ridiculous scraggles.
For most Asians, an indecent beard is the best we can do. Quote from The Little Grimoire of the Dragonfly, "In a helliconia garden, the hummingbird cannot sup on rose nectar."
I'm too old to be an enfant terrible so I'll just have to settle for being an irrrrrrrascible old fart! My Blog is here http://xiandarkthorne.blogspot.com/
Jomtienbob

Post by Jomtienbob »

christianpfc wrote:From a caucasian point of view these beards are just ridiculous

From another "caucasion point of view", I find the scraggly beards cute and attractive on many. Especially when it is attached to a masculine lad with a 6 or 12 pack, and I don't mean beer.
choctop

Post by choctop »

ralfo wrote:Thai boys were born to be smooth and hairless.
I don't know about born to be smooth and hairless however they most certainly look sexier with a shave!
shooter

Post by shooter »

Boys with chest hair ought to shave their chest while they are at it. I find that seeing chest hair on a young boy is unsightly.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

shooter wrote:Boys with chest hair ought to shave their chest while they are at it. I find that seeing chest hair on a young boy is unsightly.
I think it's their business whether they shave or not, but for me hair on chest or above the waistline of the underwear is a dealbreaker. Maybe others fancy hair in these positions.
bao-bao

Post by bao-bao »

shooter wrote:Boys with chest hair ought to shave their chest while they are at it. I find that seeing chest hair on a young boy is unsightly.
Odds are strongly against seeing a "young boy" with chest hair, other than perhaps in a Ripley's Believe It Or Not book!

Seriously, though - I've known guys who have shaved chest hair and the stubble can be a lot worse, in my opinion.