New Indonesian Restaurant now Open

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
2lz2p

New Indonesian Restaurant now Open

Post by 2lz2p »

Over the past two months, I have passed a place on Jomtien Beach 2nd Road - if you are going from Thappraya Road toward Soi Wat Boon, it will be on your left shortly after you pass Soi 7 - there is a big sign on the fence that says "Bali Breeze" restaurant. I did a Google search and found a web site, but for the past couple of months it is a basic page that says welcome to the home of Bali Breeze (so no website developed as yet, has been that way at least a couple of months, maybe they will have something in the future).

Today at the Pattaya City Expats Club meeting, one of the members announced that this restaurant just had its Grand Opening and it is indeed Indonesian cuisine. The member said he and others had just attended their Grand Opening - He also said that unfortunately he couldn't comment on selections and prices as there had been an apparent glitch at the printer and the menus were not ready yet. He said the food that was served at the Grand Opening was excellent.

I and some friends plan to try this restaurant soon - I will report back after we have tried it.
2lz2p

Re: New Indonesian Restaurant now Open

Post by 2lz2p »

I did try the Bali Breeze last week. There were four of us and we all agreed the food was very good -- but, being newly opened, there were some glitches on service, which should clear up as the staff become more experienced. House wine is 100 Baht for a glass of red or white. Here is the menu (the dishes I tried were very good - marked with (*) :

BALI BREEZE Menu
Items have Indonesian and English descriptions, prices in baht.

Soto ajam (Chicken Soup) 80

Soto ajam Lodeh (Chicken soup, vegetable, coconut milk) 90

Pisang goring or Pangsit (Fried banana or meatloaf with crunchy coat) 90

Loempia semanang (springroll ,chicken, vegetable) 90

Sate Babi (pork satay) 95

Sate ajam (chicken satay) 85 (*)

Nasi Poetih (steamed rice dish) 30 (*)

Nasi Koening (fried yellow rice) 50

Nasi Goreng (fried rice) 50

Bami goring (fried noodle) 50

Mihoen goring (fried small noodle) 50
Seroendeng (dry fried coconut, peanuts) 20

Atjar Tjampoer (sweet and sour vegetable) 20 (*)

Smoor Daging Semoer (sweet beef) 175

Rendang Daging (spicy beef with coconut) 175 (*)

Babi Ritja Pedis (spicy chilli pork) 145

Ajam Lodeh (chicken, coconut, vegetable) 125

Ajam Ketjap (chicken in sweet kecap) 125

Ajam Pedis (spicy chicken) 125

Ajam Pangang (roasted sweet & sour chicken) 125

Bali Manis (sweet herbal pork) 145

Deng deng peteh (spicy beef, tamarind,peteh bean) 175

Ribs Tulang (roasted ribs in black sauce)145

Oedang peteh (prawns with peteh beans) 250

Ikan Boemboe Bali (spicy fish with Balinese sauce) 250

Babi padang (pork with roasted coconut) 145
Gado gado (sautéed mix vegetables with peanut sauce) 125 (*)

Sajor lodeh (mixed vegetables in coconut milk) 100

Sambal goreng boontjes (spicy beans) 100

Sambal goring telor (egg in spicy sauce) 50

Tahoe sambal telor tauge (tofu, egg and bean sprout in spicy sauce) 120

Ajam curry (chicken with yellow curry) 125

Dadar oedang telor (omelette with prawn) 100

INTERNATIONAL MENU

Spaghetti Bolognaise 100

Macaroni with omelette 100

Cheese 50

Spaghetti Carbonara 100

Linzen soup 80

Tomato and vegetable soup 80
Bami Omelette (fried noodles with chicken wrapped in omelette) 125

Bami schotel (noodles with 2 satay, fried chicken, fried egg and pork) 150

Nasi schotel (fried rice with 2 satay, fried chicken, fried egg and pork) 150

Frites schotel sate (French fries with satay) 150

Frites schotel stoofviees (French fries with meat stew) 175

Frites met balletjes in tomaten sauce (French fries with
minced pork balls in tomto sauce) 175

Varkens procureur met gebakken aardappels (porkchops with fried potatoes) 175

Visfilet met krokant jasje en gele rijst met groenten (fishsteak with crunchy coat, yellow rice and vegetables) 225

RICE TABLE BALI

For 2 persons, 10 dishes a person 300

RICE TABLE BREEZE
For 2 persons, 12 dishes a person 375
You can choose Mild—Medium—Spicy

RICE TABLE BALI BREEZE
For 2 persons, 15 dishes a person 425

RICE TABLE BALI BREEZE HEIGHTS
For 2 persons, 15 dishes a person 500
Soup as starter and ice cream as dessert

-------------------------------------------
The rijstaffle (rice bowl or rice table as listed in the above menu) has several dishes served with rice - apparently the dishes are decided on by the cook, so you don't know what specifically will be served - but, if you are not familiar with Indonesian food, it is an opportunity to have in essence a "sampler" plate - if one or more are particularly good, ask the wait staff what it is and you can order those particular dishes on another visit.

You can park in front on the street (plenty of room) or enter the drive and continue to the car park (restaurant tables are on both sides of the drive and are open air) -- they do have a dining room that has A/C, but the night we were there, the windows and doors to it were open (we were having light rain and outside was cooler than usual - we ate at one of the open air tables - there is a cover over them, so rain didn't bother us).
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

This sounds like a must try. I love a good rice table. I once ordered it (my first time) in Amsterdam. The waiter asked if I wanted large or small one. Since I was alone I said small please. They brought me a bowl of rice that was enough for 4 people and 26 different dishes, each equivalent to 2-3 tablespoons. I couldn't finish it all. It was really delicious.
Jomtienbob

Post by Jomtienbob »

Myself and a friend ate their last week. We passed on the rice table since my tastes run spicier than his, and ended up ordering off the menu. The owner advised me that the rice table dishes are decided by your taste of spice level.

I thought the food was excellent and look forward to returning.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

I think we will try it tonight.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Tried it and only one word -------SUPERB!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:Tried it and only one word -------SUPERB!
What did you have?
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

We ordered the Rijsttafel with 12 dishes. We ordered it medium and only one dish was spicy - boiled egg in some sauce; it was tasty, but a bit spicy, which was OK.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Went there again last night with the bf. We had the rice bowl (rijstaffle) with 15 dishes plus soup and dessert (500 B per person) - too much food, but I wanted him to be able to try several dishes -- he ordered the soup made with coconut milk and I ordered the one that is a broth. Bf also order fried rice and I ordered steamed rice.

The waiter was good and was able to explain about the menu options - the 12 dish rice bowl has satay and spring roll, which is not included with the 10 dish order. I didn't ask about difference for 12 vs 15. We also ordered spicy -- a few of the dishes were, but not extremely hot as one would get with Thai food. You can also have fried small noodle if you do not want rice. There were vegetable dishes, beef dishes, pork dishes, shrimp dish, and a fish dish (of all, I thought the fish was the tastiest, but they were all good). Unfortunately, no gado gado is included with the rice bowl (I asked beforehand and the waiter advised it wasn't one of the dishes unfortunately, as gado gado is a favorite of mine and theirs is very good).

The dessert is your choice of any of the 4 listed in the menu - the bf had fried banana w/ice cream and whipped cream and I had the ice cream with chocolate sauce - both were served on large chilled plates with whipped cream on the side.

Also, not shown in the menu I posted above, are several plates for one person with rice and a number of dishes - I didn't ask about them, other than if they were for one person - they appeared reasonably priced - if I recall, the one with 8 dishes plus rice was 250 Baht.

All in all, another pleasant dining experience.
lexusgs

Post by lexusgs »

This place was ok and a pleasant change if you are looking for something different. The owner(dutch guy) came over and introduced himself which was a nice touch. The only negative is the fact that
cars drive through the middle of the Restaurant to get to the car park which kind of spoils the atmosphere. This can be quite distracting when trying to have a conversation. Also as the Restaurant itself
is plonked on the end of a condo/room for rent place it can be fairly frequent.