Greek Restaurants

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Gaybutton

Greek Restaurants

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote, on the Split Balkan restaurant thread, the following:
2lz2p wrote:I agree, Pattaya certainly has its share of ethnic type restaurants - I just wish it had a Greek restaurant (a cuisine that I like).
That seems like it ought to merit a thread of its own. I'd like to find a Greek restaurant in Pattaya too. The closest thing to a Greek restaurant in Pattaya that I know about is a tiny stall, about the size of the "hamburger lady's" stall at Sunee Plaza, called Acropolis Souvlaki: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/440 ... ood-stall/

Some restaurants in Pattaya feature Greek items, but they are not Greek restaurants per se.

If anyone knows of Greek restaurants in Pattaya, or other cities, please let us know here on this thread.
Keyvan

Re: Greek Restaurants

Post by Keyvan »

Gaybutton wrote: If anyone knows of Greek restaurants in Pattaya, or other cities, please let us know here on this thread.
The Athena has been Bangkok's [and no doubt Thailand's] sole authentic Greek restaurant for many years. Up on Sukhamvit, Soi 63, and a long walk:

http://www.bangkok.com/tatler/restaurants/athena.html

Prior to that there was Manja, but long closed.

A bit surprising as little Bali has 4 good Greek restaurants but then Bali is far more International in its dining options than Thailand.
gaymandenmark

Post by gaymandenmark »

There is also the Souvlaki Restaurant in Silom Soi 4. I have never eaten there because in my view and life I have only found 1 Greek restaurant outside Greece that was worth my money.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

gaymandenmark wrote:I have only found 1 Greek restaurant outside Greece that was worth my money.
Considering the fact that it might be a little inconvenient for some of us to get there, wherever it is, we'll just have to make do with what we have.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

gaymandenmark wrote:There is also the Souvlaki Restaurant in Silom Soi 4. I have never eaten there because in my view and life I have only found 1 Greek restaurant outside Greece that was worth my money.
If you ever find yourself in Chicago, go to Greek town. There are several good Greek restaurants there.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I'm glad we can find good Greek restaurants in Europe and Chicago. There might even be good Greek restaurants in Greece, but I was kind of hoping we would get responses if anyone knows of any Greek restaurants or restaurants that have Greek selections right here in Thailand. Are there any?
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Apparently there is only the one in Bangkok.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Another one in Bangkok is the Mistral restaurant in the Sofitel Silom. They advertise it as Mediterranean, but there are certainly plenty of Greek specialties as part of it. It's a buffet. Their dessert buffet table, with their chocolate fountain, is incredible too.

I guess you can't really call it Greek, but it's high quality and very good. Last time I was there, it was 850 baht per person and well worth it.

http://www.sofitel.com/gb/hotel-3616-so ... rant.shtml
gaymandenmark

Post by gaymandenmark »

2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Souvlaki Restaurant in Silom Soi 4, Bangkok.
I don't go to Bangkok much, but on an overnight trip quite some time ago, I did see this restaurant while I was sitting outside at the Balcony (I had already eaten, but did take a look at their menu) - my recollection was it was limited -- however, based on the comments at one of the links gaymandenmark included it appears it has expanded considerably. Next time I am there, I may give it a try (still wish we had a Greek restaurant in Pattaya as I don't anticipate going to Bangkok for an overnight stay anytime soon).