Greek Restaurants

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Keyvan

Re: Greek Restaurants

Post by Keyvan »

2lz2p wrote:I agree, Pattaya certainly has its share of ethnic type restaurants - I just wish it had a Greek restaurant (a cuisine that I like).

Pattaya may finally get a real Greek restaurant as famous Greek restaurateur Marinos [he started the Mykonos Taverna in Bali] has just purchased a beachfront penthouse in Pattaya. He will not be able to stay retired for very long!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Keyvan wrote:Pattaya may finally get a real Greek restaurant
That would be wonderful. If he is a friend of yours, please let him know he'll have plenty of customers.
Keyvan

Post by Keyvan »

Gaybutton wrote:
Keyvan wrote:Pattaya may finally get a real Greek restaurant
That would be wonderful. If he is a friend of yours, please let him know he'll have plenty of customers.
Marinos is one of those restaurateurs who seemingly can never fail. He opened Mykonos Taverna in Bali just over 10 years ago, [sold it about 4 years back, but it still remains the same] looked for the area wiith cheapest rent and found it out amongst the rice paddies of Kerobokan, one of only two restaurants [the other one was Thai, Chitralada, and actually a better restaureant but failed hopelessly] ...Mykonos was dirt cheap, simple Greek food, and fun, with Marinos presiding over staff and custoners alike. Full every night almost from Day 1. In the 10 years since over 100 restaurants have opened [many since closed] in the same area, Jln. Laksmana, following the success of Mykonos, the road now considered to be Bali's Eat Street...the man is a walking marvel.