eating alone?

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
hayase

eating alone?

Post by hayase »

I always visit Pattaya with my BS so I have never eaten alone there. But this time due to his business he cannot come with me and I am wondering where I should have dinner alone before bars open and I can find company. Can you please recommend any good restaurants where a lone customer is welcomed in Jomtien area?

Thanks in advance.
Gaybutton

Re: eating alone?

Post by Gaybutton »

hayase wrote:Can you please recommend any good restaurants where a lone customer is welcomed in Jomtien area?
Certainly. Every restaurant in the entire city. Why would a restaurant not welcome a lone customer?
richsilver

Post by richsilver »

hayase wrote:I always visit Pattaya with my BS so I have never eaten alone there. But this time due to his business he cannot come with me and I am wondering where I should have dinner alone before bars open and I can find company. Can you please recommend any good restaurants where a lone customer is welcomed in Jomtien area?

Thanks in advance.
What is a BS?
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

I think he means Boy Special. :(
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Gaybutton wrote: Certainly. Every restaurant in the entire city. Why would a restaurant not welcome a lone customer?
Perhaps some restaurants that are very busy may not want to hog a table with just one person? I doubt that would be the case anywhere in Pattaya.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

windwalker wrote:I doubt that would be the case anywhere in Pattaya.
Not likely at the moment in Pattaya, I think they would be happy to see a stray dog.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

windwalker wrote:Perhaps some restaurants that are very busy may not want to hog a table with just one person? I doubt that would be the case anywhere in Pattaya.
I doubt that would be the case anywhere in the world. I've never seen or heard of a restaurant turning away a lone customer whether they were busy or not.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

I have not been turned away, but have been kept waiting as larger parties were seated, until such time as a smaller table became available or as the place thinned out. One time I waited an hour and finally asked what was going on; by then I was almost the only person in the place. This was the El Tovar restaurant at Grand Canyon, AZ. Doubtful this would happen in Pattaya.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

windwalker wrote:Doubtful this would happen in Pattaya.
I think it goes beyond doubtful. I think it definitely would not happen in Pattaya or anywhere else in Thailand under any circumstances. It wouldn't be a factor at all.

Seating people by size of the group is standard practice in most restaurants I've been to in my life and I would not expect to be given a table for six if I'm there by myself and a party of six was also waiting for a table. However, next time I'm at the Grand Canyon, I'll make sure not to eat at the El Tovar . . .

In any case, Hayase has nothing to worry about. He asked about restaurants in Jomtien that would welcome a lone customer and the answer is every one of them would welcome a lone customer and so would every other restaurant in all of Pattaya.
let me tell u

Post by let me tell u »

Salt and Pepper is the Number one café I see many guys alone, with farang and Good Thai food very cheap.

You can try one of these a night, none will beak your budget.

See map for all below I have added all these as they all are very good for eating alone.
http://www.gayaffairspattaya.com/maps/maps.htm

Any Host bar in Sunee plaza will order food from Sky Restaurant & Drink they have a fabulous menu, then while you’re waiting you can watch all the cute boys walk by and life moving back and forward wonderful way to spend a few hours. Or Corner bar have food you can not only eat alone you can chat to the BARMY ARMY they will soon tell you all the gossip a few of them are the gossip.

Let’s not forget Oud’s Bar the original base for The BARNMY ARMY and many Americans till it moved with the CORNER BAR Having to best views of all the action in Sunee, Oud also has some of the best tasty treats you can eat alone. Even though in any of these bars you can always stop any boy walking by on the conveyor belt of love and he will join you.

Po Pot Restaurant & Guesthouse is a good place to eat I se many guys there eating alone with a good changeable daily menu its not mentioned much but very convenient and good fresh food.

The Thai Food Restaurant.
A tiny restaurant nestled in the soi. You’d walk past it if you didn’t know about it. It looks a mess from the outside, but the food is possibly the best, most authentic and cheapest around. Their spicy chicken (30B on rice, 35B with a fried egg) is to die for and their Panang Curry (80B) a great favourite of mine.You can always fall back on fried rice (25B, extra again for an egg). There’s a handwritten menu up on the wall, in Thai and bad English, but it gives you an idea of what it’s about.
TRY IT! I just wish I could give it a higher rating.I don’t know its name, it probably hasn’t got one. I just took the cue from the sign outside that says “Thai food”.

Little Mango is good many sit alone here you can watch also many people walking by good food mainly Thai and very cheap.

El Dorado
The El Dorado has a bit of everything. Including a guesthouse, it also has a bar and a nice restaurant. They do set price meals and these are good value, and good food. It is owned by Werner who is Swiss and this sets the theme for the place.

Cafe de Paris
Nice French Restaurant in the small soi leading from Soi VC to Yensabai condo. There is a good choice in the set menu at a reasonable price, and some great a la carte dishes too. The food is typically French – portions not too large, but after 4 courses, you’re full! The standard set menu is 275B for 4 courses.

Sanong
Belgian restaurant at the Yensabai end of the world. It has it’s following and I am not surprised. Open from breakfast to late in the evening, they do a good variety of food. The set menu is particularly good value. You get 5 courses for 279B. OK one is tea or coffee, but it’s still great value.

Volterra Italian Restaurant
Great Italian restaurant in the soi that joins soi VC to the Yensabai condo. There is a huge variety of food from pastas to pizzas. The prices are a little on the high side, but not bad considering the quality of food that you get. One of my favourites!
Check out their website here – ristorantevolterra.tk

L’Arc Restaurant
A new restaurant with a French cuisine. it’s very good and the prices are not too bad. The menu is adventurous, including such things as roasted Camembert in honey and rabbit chasseur. The flavours are good. Give it a try!

Your find all the gossip here just speak to Colin and Macomb what they don’t know don’t happen.
Bondi Beach Bar
The Bondi Bar & Guesthouse is located directly overlooking the gay area of Dongtan Beach. They offer accommodation, food & a busy bar that is now open 24 hours a day! All en-suite rooms offer a sea view, prices differ depending on the time of year & your length of stay. They are all equipped with Tea/Coffee making facilities, TV & DVD player, fridge & Air Conditioning.
A wide range of food is available in the bar including the All Day English Breakfast at only 90 baht!! 2 Fried eggs, 2 rashers of bacon, 2 slices of toast, butter & jam & tea or coffee – Bargain!

Cafe Ritz
This is a strange place. I’ve never had a “normal” meal here. Having said that it’s always been good. The portions are huge, great bowls of vegetables accompany the meals, and the prices are fine. I always come out very full. But still, it’s a strange place. Visit it yourself and see if you agree. Try the roast, or the steak and kidney, they’re delicious!

Dick’s Cafe
Dicks is charming and comfortable. It’s a friendly place and does nice food all day. It’s open from 10 am to 1 am at night. They serve nice Thai food and Western food for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a late night snack. I’ve had many a nice wine there and they do good cocktails. Worth a try
Have a look at their really very good website here – http://www.dickscafe.com/jomtien

Mignon Restaurant
Nice small restaurant on the main Thappraya Road. Does a “Happy Hour” deal from 5 to 6.30 – good menu for 199 Baht. The main menu is good and appetising. Not sure I really like dining at the side of a main road but apart from that a nice place.

Ole’s Restaurant
Nice restaurant in the Complex. They do Western and Thai food. I personally think their Thai is better than their Western, but both are good. They do a set menu on some days, other days it’s all a la carte. A main course is around 220B, spaghetti 180B and the Thai dishes are about 120B.
Good value for just good food!

Papa David’s Restaurant
FANTASTIC place for breakfast. You will often find me here is I can arrange it. Huge English breakfast for not too many Baht. However I have had mixed service and the terrace can be a bit hot. All in all I Sea Falcon Restaurant
As you walk from the Family mart on the corner of Thappraya Road to the gay beach at Dong Tan, you pass one of my secret favourites. The Sea Falcon is the perfect place for “brunch”. Their food is freshly cooked and gets served to you on plates with plastic covers. When all the dishes are laid out in front of the customers, the waiters pull the lids off with a flourish – a sort of modern day conjuring trick. I love the eggs benedict. You may well prefer something else, there’s plenty to choose from.
One word of warning, the coffee is great. If they offer you a refill ask for another cup of new coffee. The alternative is old brewed coffee from a tired coffee pot – not at all the same as the first cup!
But it’s a good place. Try it. And remember there is PLENTY of interest walking by to and from the beach!
’d recommend it though for value and food. Lovely meals under 200 Baht.

La Cuisine Au Beurre Restaurant
The name translates to “Butter Kitchen”. Does that make me want to go there? Good French and Thai cuisine at a reasonable price. Has an extensive menu plus daily specials at budget prices. Well worth popping up to and checking out the board at the front. However, just not quite up to the standard of the others around it. Perhaps I’ve been a bit harsh with my rating, but give it a try and see. Some people I know really rave over it. The breakfast is one of the better and cheaper ones in the area. That at least is an are they shine in.

Dolphin Restaurant
German themed restaurant doing two set meal specials nightly. It’s really, really good. The only problem is it is closed on Thursdays, otherwise I’d be tempted to eat there 7 days a week. For the price (245 or 295B) it can’t be beaten. Good service and an a la carte menu too. It does a “Farmer’s Buffet” on Wednesdays. That’s a treat too! Of all the places in Day/Night, this gets my highest rating.

Gossip Cafe
A plain ordinary and unpretentious cafe, and all the better for that. Open 24 hours (a boon for early risers who want a breakfast), and it does a nice coffee. I understand it has free wi-fi for diners. Well worth trying. Cheap and cheerful and you get better than you pay for! Clean and nice.

Grottino Gourmet Bakery
I don’t know about being a gourmet bakery, but it’s a reasonable restaurant. The food is European, and good value. Look out for their specials on the blackboard outside. Always tasty, good value and worth checking out. The breakfast is particularly good.

My Thai Restaurant
On the ground floor of the old Flamingo hotel was a large, wood panelled bar. It has now opened up as a new restaurant. The My Thai restaurant has the theme Thai and French food. The menu is mainly Thai with a sprinkling of French. The place is soul-less and huge. The staff inattentive and the prices too high. Apart from that it’s good!

La Petite Planète Restaurant
Nice French Restaurant with some great daily specials from around 300 Baht. Reasonable price and normally very good food.The set menu is around 300B for three courses. They have a weekend special a little more money (around 350B for one course) but worth it. Look out for the Couscous Royale.
I used to go there often. Downsides? Last time I went there I have the tuna steak – however this turned out to be a tuna burger. It was badly overcooked and rubbery. Sorry, but when the owner asked me how the food was and I told him, he argued and even brought out the pack of raw tuna. yes the label said tuna steak, but … This was definitely not up to their normal standard. There are too many restaurants around to upset a regular customer.
So all in all, I have a personal thing about it, but apart from that it’s really good.
Any of these and a lot more: http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com/gay-pat ... urants-sp/