Parrot French Restaurant

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
lvdkeyes

Parrot French Restaurant

Post by lvdkeyes »

Last night we tried Parrot French Restaurant on Third Road between Thappraya Road and Soi 17. We were very satisfied with the food and staff. Wednesday special is mussels and French fries for 250 baht. My bf ordered them while I opted for grilled leg of lamb. The mussels can be ordered cooked in white wine or a cream sauce. The French fries were perfectly cooked, nice and crispy while still soft on the inside and were served with a dish of mayonnaise. The portion of mussels didn't look very large and when my bf had finished them he asked for the menu to order something else. The waitress told him he could have more mussels which he did. She brought him another bowl the same size as the first on along with another bowl of fries. The first bowl he ordered with the cream sauce and the second with the white wine. He said he preferred the wine cooked mussels, but both were good. My lamb was very good and came with choice of potato and some nicely cooked broccoli, carrots and cauliflower. I had the mashed potatoes which were real potatoes. Dessert for my bf was his usual 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream; mine was apple tart with ice cream. We both had water to drink and the total bill was 970 baht. Not cheap, but reasonable considering what we had. As those who live here know, lamb is expensive here. It is a place where I will return.
2lz2p

Re: Parrot French Restaurant

Post by 2lz2p »

I have eaten there in the past - I also thought the food was very good. But, not easy to get to unless you have your own transportation - not on a main Baht Bus route. I also like Cherry's on third road - also not easy to get to by public transportation. I do have a car, but I have made it a firm practice not to drink any alcoholic beverages if I will be driving - since I like to drink wine with a good meal, I tend not to go to such places - rather, I go to places where I can take a Baht Bus and can enjoy a glass or three of wine with my meal.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

You can always charter a baht bus. Since my bf doesn't drink and does the driving that is not a problem for me. If just the two of us go out to eat I don't drink, but if with a group I may have some wine.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Are reservations recommened or suggested?
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

When we were there it was not busy with only one other table being occupied, so I don't think a reservation is needed.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

This evening Pattayamale and I tried Le Parrot and we both really enjoyed it. I'm only sorry we waited so long before trying it.

Pattayamale started with a beautiful salad, followed by a delicious pork chop with mushroom sauce served on the side.

I started with the French onion soup - a good size bowl with plenty of onions and topped with two thick slices of French bread coated with melted cheese. 100 baht. They run nightly specials. Tonight's special was 3 small Chickens Cordon Bleu in a wonderful cream sauce. Spinach was added to the sauce, giving it a very nice flavor and beautiful touch. If you order this kind of entree, you won't need a salad. It comes with a salad and mashed potatoes. 220 baht. Bottled water is 30 baht. My entire bill came to 350 baht and was well worth the price.

There are plenty of menu selections for every taste. They also have a full Thai menu and a dessert menu. Neither Pattayamale nor I ordered dessert. We were just too full.

We will definitely be back, and many times too. I think most of you will enjoy it as much as we did. We were the only customers and this is one restaurant that once you try it, I think most of you will agree deserves much more attention. I'll bet most of you who do try it will often be repeat customers.

It's also not so difficult to get to as you might think. It's within easy walking distance of Sunee Plaza and the Happy Boys bar. From Happy Boys, just walk up to Third Road, turn left, and it's about a block and a half from there on the same side of the street. If you are familiar with the old Olé restaurant, just walk up to Third Road from there, turn left, and there it is, right in front of you.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Glad to see you finally made it to Le Parrot and enjoyed it as much as we do.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:Glad to see you finally made it to Le Parrot and enjoyed it as much as we do.
We really did and we're going to also really be back - and soon.