thai food

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
aot87

thai food

Post by aot87 »

Which restaurant in pattaya do you consider has the best thai food , regardless of cost
gaymandenmark

Re: thai food

Post by gaymandenmark »

Street food
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

gaymandenmark wrote:Street food
Where is this restaurant "Street Food?" :roll:
gaymandenmark

Post by gaymandenmark »

Anywhere, tasty grilled chicken, great pappayasalat, great noodlesoup. On the street. So it is just around the corner. I have found out it is more tasty than any fancy or not fancy restaurant. IMO it is the best "restaurants" in Pattaya, especially if you know a thaifriend, who knows where to pic it up.
Rogie

Post by Rogie »

Seconds away,

Bagels at dawn

street food versus Street Life

except!

Street Life is not Thai nosh so any other recommendations?
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

I could be wrong, but I had the impression the OP wanted a nice, sit-down-at-the-table-and-order-from-a-waiter type restaurant.

I would like to know this myself as a matter of fact. I do not want to eat in the street, or order from a French/Italian/Mexican/Indian restaurant that also serves Thai food as well and has a delivery service straight to your hotel room 24-hrs a day.

If it were gay-friendly, that would be a bonus. Or at least someplace not too touristy. I am trying to acquire a taste for Thai food and would like to find a place where I could be safely, slowly, and carefully immersed into those particular tastes that are hot and spicy, among other things. I know only enough not to eat the long, red chili peppers and the idea of consuming any type of curry gives me a dizzy spell. I have to get over that.

I want a restaurant that features Thai cuisine 101. Perhaps this would satisfy the OP's request as well. Any ideas?
thaidave

Post by thaidave »

I quite enjoy the Thai BBQ style places where you cook your own food on those small coal stoves, you make a soup type thing with veg around the side and put the fresh meats around the top, they also have sea food already cooked snapper etc.
Just make sure when your putting raw food on and taking off cooked food that the blood from the raw food does not go onto the cooked food as that can be hazardous.
ajarn2

Post by ajarn2 »

You want very very cheap,gay friendly,very polite friendly service ,my answer,i doubt if you would beat SALT & PEPPER-Day Night area.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Friend recommendations about restaurants with good Thai food are probably fine but, if you're interested in the smaller Thai joints, then just go hunting with your eyes. You'll begin to notice where the Thais are eating (it's busy) and, generally, that's where you'll find the best Thai food in my experience. The restaurant or stall likely won't be 5-star but Thais generally don't suffer bad Thai food.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

It's all a matter of personal preference, of course, but you might give Vientiane a try. It's off Pattaya Tai close to Sukhumvit and has an extensive menu with knowledgeable waiters who can steer you to the less spicey choices. It's a bit touristy, but mainly Asian tourists - not farang. My Thai friends report that the food is excellent and they enjoy eating there.

Another place you might try is somewhat surprising - Antz. It is located in Jomtien Complex and it serves both farang and Thai food. I say surprising because it is actually located in the Complex Condominium and I thought it would be typical "hotel type" food. But, it is one of the few Thai restaurants my bf will eat in without complaint. Not fancy, but inexpensive, tasty, and a wide variety of offerings.