Moving to Pattaya, looking for translator

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: Moving to Pattaya, looking for translator

Post by Jun »

There may be about 8 gay gogo bars, but considering the type of boy I like, there are effectively 3 worth a visit. I haven't even checked if the likes of A-Bomb are still open.

However, plenty of people enjoy visiting the large number of host bars in Jomtien. I don't know of anywhere else that has such a selection of gogo and host bars.
I'm still waiting for someone to make the case for a destination with a better gay scene than Pattaya.

Also, for anyone who isn't going off the rails, there's a finite amount of time that you're going to spend in a bar. Even as a long stay tourist, I visit them at most every other day. I get the impression that some of the expats hardly ever visit bars.
Yet bars are often the first thing mentioned when evaluating Pattaya.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Jun wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:01 am ........I get the impression that some of the expats hardly ever visit bars.
Yet bars are often the first thing mentioned when evaluating Pattaya.
Good point!

Back when I was only here on holiday I lived in the boy bars, and now that I'm here full time I rarely venture into them any more. This is partially due to the fact that I have a full-time partner, but also influenced by the fact that I was honestly ready for a change when it came time for me to retire. Most (not all) of my expat friends have similar lifestyles regardless if they have a full-time partner or not - where they frequent the bars occasionally, although not anywhere near as much as they did during their "Holiday Years".

I remember so well what it was like being here on holiday where I had to make the most of every day (and night) because that clock never stopped ticking and I had to make the most of it. Now that I live here it's a completely different set of dynamics where the fear of running out of time has completely vanished - and I can fully enjoy each moment as it comes with a much greater sense of balance and fulfillment.

I agree with everything Undaunted said about the pros and cons of Pattaya as compared to the Good Old Days and miss those days so much - but also find myself submersed in gratitude for the things that have remained the same in Pattaya - and the fact that there simply aern't any greener pastures on earth where a retired gay man can live-the-dream. At least none that I know of.

Here's a challenge:

In one very routine day in Pattaya last week I had the opportunity to chat with a gorgeous Laotian boy who was walking down the path near the gay beach wearing the cutest short spandex shorts. We chatted for a few minutes...he had me drooling...the sun had just come up...no time for more than a quick chat...he would have gladly spent the morning with me if I had been inclined. After that short and casual interaction I headed over to Friendship to do some shopping - followed by a drive through Soi Day Night. I stopped just a few meters from Relax Massage to chat with two boys who live above Relax who were on their way back from buying food at one of the food stalls across from Tukcom. Both boys are in their early twenties (I think)...HOT if you like the boy-next-door types, and of course showing their eagerness at finding a customer.

Later on that day before heading back to Bang Saray I found myself chatting with a small group of mau boys who had been up all night partying at a bar in Jomtien Complex. After 10 minutes of them pulling my arm to join them for a drink (or whatever) I opted to just say goodbye and parted company. Before exiting the Complex I exchanged smiles with at least a dozen massage boys who were perched outside their shops motioning for me to stop and pay them a visit. Not something I would expect to experience every day in Chicago.

The challenge I have for anyone here who would want to accept it - is to tell me anywhere else on earth where a 70 year farang could be approached by this many willing twenty year old boys in a single day...let alone have this happen in a place where the sun always shines...the smiles never end...and for those who care, still has more boy bars within 20 minutes of each other than any other city in the world.

I'm waiting.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:56 am tell me anywhere else on earth where a 70 year farang could be approached by this many willing twenty year old boys in a single day...let alone have this happen in a place where the sun always shines...the smiles never end...and for those who care, still has more boy bars within 20 minutes of each other than any other city in the world.
I was going to say Heaven until I noticed you said anywhere else on earth.

If intelligent life is ever discovered on another planet, I wonder if they've got anything going for them "Pattaya-esque" for their gay population . . .

I wonder how far back in history - or pre-history - gays existed. Somewhere along the line there had to be the first gays. I wonder who they were. In ancient Greece it was actually encouraged for teen boys to be sexually involved with older men as a means of keeping their hands off the ladies until marriage. I'd love to know how that first came about and caught on. Unfortunately it eventually fizzled out when prudes became the powers-that-be. If a time machine existed, guess where I'd go. And I wonder how similar to Pattaya that lifestyle actually was.

Anyway, Pattaya still is the very best for gay activities and where gay people can come to live and be themselves, but people should bear in mind there is much more to Pattaya than that.