New Mega Food Center Opens in South Pattaya

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

New Mega Food Center Opens in South Pattaya

Post by Undaunted »

GO Wholesale Food Center Now Open in South Pattaya

By Tanakorn Panyadee

21 December, 2023

“GO Wholesale”, an all-inclusive food wholesale center, has opened its doors at their brand new branch in South Pattaya, offering a haven of fresh, high-quality ingredients and unparalleled service.

Geared towards hoteliers, restaurateurs, caterers, and even small retailers, but welcoming everyone, GO Wholesale promises a new level of satisfaction. Over 20,000 items fill the shelves, ranging from everyday essentials to specialty products, alongside a dedicated fresh food area boasting vibrant produce and personalized cutting services tailored to your needs.

But GO Wholesale isn’t just about variety; it’s about convenience. Choose from flexible shopping options including in-store visits, phone orders, and their GO Wholesale user-friendly mobile app. The store also accepts various payment methods, including cash, credit cards, and QR code payments compatible with all banks.

Whether you’re stocking a bustling hotel kitchen or running a cozy neighborhood cafe, GO Wholesale is tailored to meet your preferences. The store is conveniently located near South Pattaya Big C. You can find the map to their location here: https://www.google.com/maps/place/GO+Wh ... ?entry=ttu

Explore the variety of products and services they offer to enhance your culinary experience. Visit them today!

Story and photos: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/12/21/g ... h-pattaya/
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Re: New Mega Food Center Opens in South Pattaya

Post by Gaybutton »

Looking at the photos, the interior is very similar to Makro. I'll be doing my grocery shopping there and giving it a try very soon.

It's in a very good location - easy for those without their own transportation to get to and easy from "The Dark Side" too.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Today I went to GO to have a look for myself. This place is tremendous. I'd say it's easily 3 times the size of Makro, maybe more. I took the photos I posted to give you an idea of how big this place is. I think this is the largest "supercenter" I've ever been to.

The selection of items is just as tremendous. I saw many items I've never seen in any other Thailand grocery stores and there were some items I find elsewhere, but didn't find at GO. Price-wise - some items are a bit more expensive than I've seen elsewhere and some are less expensive. Not by much, though.

Of course, the store is so large I know I didn't see everything and may have missed some items.

It's not just food either. They sell all kinds of appliances, kitchen ware, some furniture - I even saw freezers for sale.

This is a good time to go. They're giving out a great many free samples. Whether that will continue remains to be seen. If you want to see most of it, I suggest planning to be there 2 hours or more on your first visit. It will probably take several visits to get used to where things are.

By sheer accident I discovered they do have membership cards available. Unlike Makro, you do not need a membership card to shop there. I got mine because I happened to be near their customer service desk and one of the employees approached me. If you want to get a membership card just go to the customer service desk. If I had not been approached I would have no idea that a membership card is available.

I have no idea what having the card does for you, but I've got it. If you decide to get a membership card, you will need your passport number. You don't need to take the passport itself. You simply need the number.

The hours are 6:00am-10:00pm
richsilver

Post by richsilver »

They have an app for your phone where you can also create an account.
Daleinpattaya

Post by Daleinpattaya »

Like MAKRO … do they require you to bring your own bags to checkout or to place your purchases loose in your boot? Makes it difficult when using BOLT.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Daleinpattaya wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:43 am Like MAKRO … do they require you to bring your own bags to checkout or to place your purchases loose in your boot? Makes it difficult when using BOLT.
Thank you Daleinpattaya. I didn't think to mention that, but you're right. You do have to supply your own shopping bags. If you're using Bolt or anything similar, the easiest thing to do is pack your shopping bags while your items are still in the cart. Then take the cart to wherever your ride is picking you up. Put your shopping bag in the car and just leave the cart. Their staff will pick up the cart.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

My initial impression was wow this place is huge but after looking at the inventory which was missing many popular brands,the only thing that stood out was the fish department also huge with a great selection of fish and shellfish many which I’ve not seen in Makro. Frankly, I am in no hurry to return.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:20 am Frankly, I am in no hurry to return.
I too am in no hurry and that mainly is because of its sheer size. It for sure is much too large to stop in for a quick trip. It will take several trips to get used to where different items are kept. I hope they don't switch them around like many other grocery stores do. I'm not looking for anything specific. I'm really looking for items I might want that I have never found elsewhere.

Once I know what they have and where they have it, then it makes if much easier to decide whether to shop there or shop in the grocery stores I'm used to.