Classic Boys vs Toy Boys bars

Anything and everything about Thailand
Montree

Classic Boys vs Toy Boys bars

Post by Montree »

I've just made my first visit to Classic Boys in Boyztown which has taken over the premises of Cupidol Bar which didn't reopen after the pandemic. From memory little has changed inside.

I counted 15 guys but was the only customer until a few others appeared around 10.00. All the guys were in underwear and only a few tattoos (hooray).

The guy I sat with was 23 and from Cambodia and was handsome, attentive and polite. He was also taller than average for the bar. One other small guy looked to me to be from Laos and that proved correct when I asked him. I don't know where any of the others were from. I didn't off my guy but would have had no reservations in doing so except I was already committed elsewhere.

My drinks cost me 180 Baht each and the guy's 250 Baht each.

The same evening Toy Boys was packed and I gave up counting at over 20 guys scattered inside and out and many customers. A similar group of guys to Classic Boys but perhaps slightly younger overall and a few a bit more "fem". All in underwear again.

Toy Boys remains my favourite bar by far and as my current favourite guy works there I offed him as usual.

Both bars are obviously targeting the same customers and Toy Boys is currently the more successful of the two but it was good to see a new bar in Boyztown when so many have closed.
Jun

Re: Classic Boys vs Toy Boys bars

Post by Jun »

Thank you for the update.

It sounds like Classic Boys are concentrating on what matters. Boys & reasonable prices. Not wasting money on tarting up the premises.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

I recall my drink at Classic was 250 Baht but likely it depends on what you order .
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Seems like these two bars are charging more reasonable prices compared to some other bars.

How much are the "off" fees at these bars?
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Gaybutton wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:20 pm Seems like these two bars are charging more reasonable prices compared to some other bars.

How much are the "off" fees at these bars?
I disagree that 250-300 baht a drink is reasonable.

Off fees in both bars are 500 baht.

I very much prefer Toy boys rather than Classic boys. In Toy boys you can sit and enjoy the view and decide for yourself in peace if and who you want to call down from the stage and give a 300 baht drink and maybe even off. In Classic boys you will have one or several mamasans bother you, uninvited sit by your side and try to pressure you into answering "What number you like? You give boy drink!".
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

SP55 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:53 pm you will have one or several mamasans bother you, unasked sit by your side
If that happens, I hope customers let them know, in no uncertain terms, to GET LOST!
Montree

Post by Montree »

I've only visited Classic Boys once but no one bothered me at all.
I don't drink alcohol so my drink prices might be lower than many.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Montree wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:37 pm I've only visited Classic Boys once but no one bothered me at all.
I don't drink alcohol so my drink prices might be lower than many.
Well I guess the experience of visiting bars are different for everyone. But i doubt the behaviour of mamasans there is isolated to me specifically. More likely it's their routine to do that to try selling more drinks.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

SP55 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:12 pm But i doubt the behaviour of mamasans there is isolated to me specifically. More likely it's their routine to do that to try selling more drinks.
That is part of what has been going on with mama-sans over the years, trying to sell more drinks. They are also looking for tips for themselves and they will try to push certain boys on you because those boys give the mama-san a kickback from his tip.

I almost never go to the bars anymore. Haven't for years. But what I used to do was simply walk out if I spotted pushy mama-sans no matter how much any of the boys were my type. Woe be unto any mama-sans that tried to push themselves, uninvited, on me. Have you ever seen a customer ask a mama-san to sit with him? I haven't.

I have never really understood the need for mama-sans in the first place or why bars hire them. Other than annoying customers, what necessary purpose to they serve?
Jun

Post by Jun »

I ask pushy mamasans to go away. Then I tell them to go away. However, of the only gogo bars I've been in during the last 2 years, one had no mamasans and the other did not harass customers.

As for prices, the quoted 180 baht customer drink and 250 baht boy drink ARE reasonable.
You're paying for the entertainment on stage. The only place I know of that undercuts this with a gogo format is Winner Boys.