TM-30 Woes

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

TM-30 Woes

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:43 am in reality the Visa Extension requirements for retirees really haven't changed that much over the past 20 years or more.
With one exception. Now they're telling us, at least at Pattaya immigration, that we must have the TM-30 receipt in our passports or they will not provide any service, including visa extensions. This is what we are being told. Has anyone actually tested that yet?
Dodger

Re: TM-30 Woes

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:38 am
......With one exception. Now they're telling us, at least at Pattaya immigration, that we must have the TM-30 receipt in our passports or they will not provide any service, including visa extensions. This is what we are being told. Has anyone actually tested that yet?
This must be a recent change because I extended my visa back in October and only showed them proof of condo ownership - as I've been doing for years with no problem.

Maybe this just applies to "renters"???
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

From what I've read the TM 30 is the responsibility of your landlord if you are a renter. How do I assure myself the landlord has filed the necessary paperwork? I've never been given a receipt for such a thing and have no idea how to get one to staple into my passport. Any suggestions?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:55 pm From what I've read the TM 30 is the responsibility of your landlord if you are a renter.
As far as immigration is concerned, the ultimate responsibility is yours. Hotels normally take care of it as a routine matter. It may be a different story when it comes to condo landlords. Why not just ask your landlord if she ever submitted a TM-30 for you? If she did, ask her if she has the receipt. If she has it, she needs to either give it to you or make a copy. It would be best if you have the original and she has the copy. If she doesn't have it, ask her if she can get it for you.

If she never submitted it, then ask her to take care to take care of the TM-30. Tell her, without the receipt immigration will refuse to let you extend your visa, and according to the publicity that is true.

One way or another you're going to need the receipt. You may have to go to immigration yourself to take care of it if your landlord cannot or will not do it. If you do, make sure you take your passport and your rental documents.

This is yet another example of immigration changing the rules in the middle of the game. Nevertheless, that's the way it is.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

I haven't read anything yet about there being a change in the TM30 process, nor have I talked to anyone (renter or property owner) who has been asked for this at Immigration.

If I was a "renter", to be on the safe side, I'd request a copy of the completed TM30 from my landlord (or hotel) and keep it with me any time I went to Immigration for any service until this confusion is cleared up. If the landlord (or hotel) is using the TM30 app they should have no problem printing a copy.

Expats residing in their own condo, or home (if married to a Thai), don't have to worry about this crap - because that's what the wonderful 90 day reporting nightmare is all about.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:13 am I haven't read anything yet about there being a change in the TM30 process
viewtopic.php?p=111665#p111665

That's not a change in the process of obtaining the TM-30. It's a change in the requirement as to what to do with the TM-30 receipt in order to get service from Pattaya immigration. According to the article, without the TM-30 receipt in your passport, Pattaya immigration is going to deny you service, including extending your retirement visa.

Unless Barry Kenyon got it completely wrong, it seems crystal clear to me: No TM-30 receipt = No immigration service

I don't know if anyone has tested that yet, but I, for one, made sure to have the TM-30 receipt in my passport so that I don't have to find out the hard way.

It doesn't matter whether it makes sense. I don't want to go to immigration only to be told:

immigration: "You don't have a TM-30 receipt. Sorry, no service until you get the receipt."
Expat: "But that doesn't make sense."
immigration: "Yeah, you're right. No service."
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:40 am That's not a change in the process of obtaining the TM-30.
Does this only pertain to "renters"???
Jun

TM-30 Woes

Post by Jun »

Again, this looks like Pattaya immigration deliberately making processes as awkward as possible. With the side effect of driving more people to the agents. Where additional "fees" are involved.

Your accommodation report should already be on their computer system. For people in hotels & doing 30 day extensions, they send them off into the side office, where they queue up to have someone check the computer & print off a slip which is placed in the passport.
The computer could do all that checking without human intervention.

I didn't see any of that nonsense in Hua Hin, which had a far more straightforward process.

Logically, all accommodation reports should be on the same computer system, whether you spend one night in a hotel or have been in the same house for years.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

I'm going to Immigration (Pattaya) tomorrow for the 90 day reporting and will let you guys know how it goes.

I'm jumping out of the airplane without a TM30. Let's see how I land.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:05 pm Does this only pertain to "renters"???
I don't know, but my interpretation of this is without the TM-30 receipt in your passport, Pattaya immigration won't service you whether you are a renter, owner, or whatever.

Again, I wouldn't want to be the one to find out the hard way.

My suggestion - instead of worrying about who it does or does not apply to, just go to immigration and do the TM-30. Now you'll have the receipt and won't have to worry. I think it is a mistake to try to avoid it. Just get it and be done with it.