Dodo bar and Sunee Intimate Boy bar for sale in Jomtien Complex

Anything and everything about Thailand
pinoyfriends

Dodo bar and Sunee Intimate Boy bar for sale in Jomtien Complex

Post by pinoyfriends »

As posted in the Supertown Jomtien Complex group on Facebook, these two bars are for sale.

A boy who works there told me the owner has purchased M bar nearby and wants to consolidate.

I really enjoy these two bars so I hope they don't close.

Does anyone else know what the story is?

From Facebook:

Great opportunity for whoever looking to have a business here in Jomtien complex.
Sunee Intimate Boy Bar
And
Dodo bar
Is on sale now.
Great business, History of making money, Bargain price.
Jun

Re: Dodo bar and Sun Intimate bar for sale in Jomtien Complex

Post by Jun »

1 The thread title is confusing, as it refers to Sun bar. Jomtien has both a Sunee bar and a Sun bar.

2 The guy posting the story seems to mainly post about Sunee, Dodo and M Bar. So perhaps there's a connection, as you suggest ? https://www.facebook.com/groups/7544834 ... 124212322/

I just hope they don't mess with M Bar, as I enjoyed that on my first couple of visits, near the end of the last trip. Low music volume and a playful slim Lao lad helped.
The guy making the posts clearly has the right idea, as the words "Escape the noise" appear in one of the posts promoting M Bar. He "Studied Marketing and Businees Management at UNSW".

Meanwhile, it appears Adonis has gone and is replaced by Redroom Bar.
pinoyfriends

Re: Dodo bar and Sunee Intimate Boy bar for sale in Jomtien Complex

Post by pinoyfriends »

1 The thread title is confusing, as it refers to Sun bar. Jomtien has both a Sunee bar and a Sun bar.
Thanks Jun. I have fixed the title. I think I was confused by the same thing.
pong

Post by pong »

Just sheer curiosity: how much is the asking price for what is in effect not much more as a name-bar is on hire, guys attached to it can move any moment, etc.
I once wondered and talked about that for normal touristy massage shops- of which there are dozens& more in this area of BKK. Tourists come and go so established names will also have minimal impact.
pinoyfriends

Post by pinoyfriends »

Pong, I don't know the asking price. But I would be concerned the owner will take the boys from the 2 bars he is selling and consolidate to the 1 bar he is keeping.

I think he only recently acquired them - did I read a post within the past 12 months saying under new management?

Best hope for the owner is a dumb farang like me buys it as a "lifestyle" business.

I'm sure the new owner will get screwed one way or another.

Unless the rent is very, very, low I think it is more lucrative to be a hot boy in those bars than to own the bar itself and earn one drink at a time.
pinoyfriends

Post by pinoyfriends »

I also know Dodo was raided by the police a week or so ago.

I wonder if the raid influences the decision to sell? It reopened the day following the raid so does that mean the police found nothing or palms were well greased?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

pinoyfriends wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:07 pm I wonder if the raid influences the decision to sell?
I think that might depend on whether that was the only bar raided or if other bars were also raided. Do you, or anyone else, know?
pinoyfriends

Post by pinoyfriends »

One of the boys who worked there said the police came in and some of the boys left to sit on the beach. But it was reopened the following day.
He mentioned something about check for low age and low payment. I don't know what low payment meant. I don't know if other bars were raided or not.
Jun

Post by Jun »

pinoyfriends wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:36 pmI don't know what low payment meant.
Low payment to the organisation doing the raiding ?

This is the bar that has lads dancing in shorts on Facebook (same link as posted earlier). Therefore wearing less than some gogo bar staff these days.
Considering that gogo bars are allegedly not allowed in Jomtien Complex, I'm not sure how far they allow the boundaries to be pushed.

Such innovation & enterprise can only help attract people & provide employment, at a time when tourist numbers are down. Instead, the authorities send the brown shirt mafia around to crush it.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:35 pm Such innovation & enterprise can only help attract people & provide employment, at a time when tourist numbers are down. Instead, the authorities send the brown shirt mafia around to crush it.
"Of course, dear. What did you expect?"
- Gladys Cooper (Mrs. Higgins), 'My Fair Lady'