aseannow.com (ThaiVisa) down

Anything and everything about Thailand
richsilver

aseannow.com (ThaiVisa) down

Post by richsilver »

The site has been down for several days now. Does anyone know why?
Jun

Re: aseannow.com (ThaiVisa) down

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

richsilver

Post by richsilver »

Why should it take more than a week to move to a new server? They should be able to do it overnight! I'm sure they are going to lose many users.

Very strange.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

richsilver wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:07 pm Why should it take more than a week to move to a new server?
I don't know, but at least now you know why the site is down.
pong

Post by pong »

I guess it came rather unexpected and there are some hints there also was a kind of D-DOS site attack-plus that this site is also for sale since a few weeks/monthes, so it may also impact that.
Myself also since it was thaivisa a fairly regular follower. Dut to this absence tried, I sit in Th/Bkk now anyway a few of the other such sites, like coconuts or thaiger, but must say that their presentation of Thai news is far worse as this one. Bangkokpost also needs getting used to and is often kept only for subscribers. In fact a daily blog in my langauge seems the best as for now (no, thats not in /en/). Today it also had an overview, even by some Ministry of Health, which 10 Thai foods gave the most people the run for the WC.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

They are back online:
https://aseannow.com/topic/1312306-foru ... er-attack/

Dear Members,

The forum has been down for approx 6 days due to a cyber attack on the datacenter in USA where we were hosting parts of the forum, which is now mitigated. We have since migrated to another datacenter.

No content or user data has been lost or compromised. We apologize for this downtime inconvenience.

We are unable to explain the tech details due to security policy, and we are unable to answer questions about it.

KNOWN ISSUES:

You may find the forum slow loading the first days, especially after you have posted. If you get a 504 error, just refresh the page and you will see your post!

This will resolve later as we are using a cache software that updates later. Also we have temporarily limited the amount of outgoing forum notifications emails temporarily.

QUESTIONS?
We are aware of some issues, but feel free to send a PM to Support if needed.

Welcome back to ASEAN NOW!