New 90 day check-in procedure

Anything and everything about Thailand
Daleinpattaya

New 90 day check-in procedure

Post by Daleinpattaya »

I did my 90 day check-in this afternoon.

I had read on one of the gay message boards that once again there are new requirements.

Upon arrival I went straight to the photocopy shop which has moved to immediately left of the front gate where the coffee shop/restaurant used to be.

He did the necessary photocopying, filled out one of the TM forms on my behalf, charged me 140 baht and pointed out which of the several buildings and queues I should go to.

I proceeded …as well as your passport be sure to take some piece of mail that shows your name and address … handed the clerk my pack of forms … she seemed oh so terribly disappointed that all was in order … told me it would take 30 minutes … it did …. headed home.

All’s well that ends well!. Enjoy!!!
thewayhelooks

Re: New 90 day check-in procedure

Post by thewayhelooks »

Overnight, I received a friendly reminder that my online 90 days reporting is due in two weeks. I did a quick check online and nothing seems to have changed with the procedure or the form, so I guess the extra stuff will be for those who report in person. Which I try at all costs to avoid.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thewayhelooks wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:44 pm I guess the extra stuff will be for those who report in person. Which I try at all costs to avoid.
Unless they no longer just tear the old receipt from the passport and staple in the new receipt, then what has changed? Also, you don't even have to go to immigration personally to submit the report. Others can do it for you. I have even seen people come in with stacks of passports and get them all taken care of - I suppose they are from the visa services. And for people who live nowhere near an immigration office, they can also submit their report by regular mail.

As far as I know, nothing has changed about submitting the 90-day address report online, which is how I have been doing mine ever since the online system began.

I don't understand why anyone would choose to physically go to immigration to submit the 90-day address report when it is so simple to do online, takes about 2 minutes - or less - and you don't have to go anywhere.
richsilver

Post by richsilver »

I just did my 90 day reporting online and it worked the same as it has in the past. It was approved within a few hours. No need to go to Immigration!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Thank you richsilver for confirming the online procedure. You definitely have relieved many who were worried about it.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Today I submitted my 90-day address report via the online app. There were no changes to the required information. It is still the same as it has been, as richsilver posted above.

Less than 2 hours later I received the approval.

It takes about a minute and a half to fill out the information online. You also get a reminder E-mail when it comes due again and you get another E-mail telling you your submission has been received. Now they send a third Email telling you your application has been approved and can be downloaded, whether you've already downloaded it or not.

That's it. That's all there is to it. Once you receive your approval you simply print it out, remove the report receipt already in your passport, and replace it with the new one.

With this procedure so quick and simple, and now with reports of additional new hassles at immigration, it beats me why anyone would choose to physically go to immigration rather than taking care of it online via the app.

To do the report online, click the link: https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login

Even though doing this report makes no sense and ought to be abolished, if they really want it I can't say it bothers me to comply and devote the grand total of 3 minutes it takes to do it every 90 days.

By the way, has anyone other than immigration ever asked to see your report receipt? Nowhere I have to show my passport ever indicated the slightest interest in the address report.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

I filed mine online yesterday, received the email with the first page of the form (pdf format) completed. Today, this afternoon, I received the approval with the receipt portion (pdf format) which I will print out and place in my passport.

The Pattaya City Expats Club has a webpage showing the procedures to follow including screen captures of the relevant pages to be completed - also has a link to Thai Immigration's 90 day online reporting page. The page URL is: https://pcec.club/online-90-day

A thing to remember, once the first report has been filed, when you go to do the next one, if you click on the right hand side to "use log in information" then go to the top where your passport number is shown and click on the magnifying glass. The form will auto fill all the information from your previous report but show the current date for your reporting.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:50 pm The form will auto fill all the information from your previous report but show the current date for your reporting.
Thank you 2lz2p. I was not aware of that procedure, which makes it even easier. I'll give it a try next time.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

I did my 90 day reporting today and it was NOT a breeze. Previously I would send a Thai friend to immigration, he'd hand the girl my passport and within 5 minutes she would return it with the proper next 90 day reporting date. Not this time.

Off my friend went with my passport with a receipt of my TM-30 stapled inside. This time the girl was not pleased with all this and gave him a form I've never seen before for him to have me fill out and she removed the slip showing my due date for this 90 day report. I did fill out the new form, and off he went again.

This time she wanted a copy of the front page of my passport so he had to go to the photocopy shop to get that. I assume she was satisfied with everything because I now have a new 90 day report date.

I should caution everyone that another friend of mine who went to immigration himself earlier this week reported that the queue was full of very angry farang shouting at the poor girl working there. All in all, not a pleasant experience.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:49 pm All in all, not a pleasant experience.
Again, the obvious reason to use the online app rather than going to immigration. None of this hassle, at least so far, with use of the app. And no waiting in queues until your number is called. And no angry shouting.

All of this nonsense can be avoided simply by using the app. The app works well and is done right. Even if you don't have a printer, you can download the approval and have any print shop print it out for you.

This is yet another example of immigration changing the rules in the middle of the game with no advance notice whatsoever or reasons given. No wonder people who physically went to immigration were angry. Does immigration even bother to tell these people about the existence of the app? My guess is many people don't even know about it. And since apparently it doesn't occur to the immigration officers to tell people about the app, many of those same people probably still don't know about it. Not everybody reads these boards.

I also criticize the English language news media. I have seen nothing in the news about the latest rule changes and nothing about the existence of the app. Unless I simply missed it, I consider that a failing on the part of the media.

Who decided to change the rules? Why? And why was no advance notice given? Considering how they have been doing it for so many years with no apparent problems, wouldn't it make more sense to let people do the address report the same way, tell them about the rule change, that it will apply next time, and give them some sort of printed flier explaining the new set of rules?

Then again, making sense is only rarely part of the procedure. Would any of you have even known about these changes if nothing about it was posted on the boards? Would you have known about the existence of the app?

I think I speak for many when I say those of you who do post when these things happen is very much appreciated.