Sunee plaza update October 2023

Anything and everything about Thailand
SP55

Sunee plaza update October 2023

Post by SP55 »

For those of us who are still interested in Sunee plaza, here´s a little update.

There are currently 5 bars that still hang on in Sunee plaza. 2 of them are gogo bars, and 3 are beer bars. Few customers but there are still some really attractive and fun boys there.

Nice boys gogo Mostly straight boys. Sometimes have new boys. From what I see fewer and fewer farangs visit. Problably because of their price increases. They have always had some asian and thai customers also, more than other Sunee bars. Usually about 7-12 boys in the bar. A month ago they changed from boys in underwear to just shirtless boys in jeans. Customer drink: 200 baht. Boydrink: 300 baht. Off fee: 500 if drink has been bought for the boy, otherwise 600 baht.

Winnerboys gogo The most popular bar in Sunee plaza, which however means that some times it can be a bit busy but often few customers. Boys in underwear. Mostly gay boys. A few new boys and several boys that worked there pre-covid have returned. Usually about 6-10 boys. Customer drinks are mostly from 99-119 baht. Boy drink: 165 baht. Off fee: 400 baht.

Diamond bar Usually two staff there. Business seems slow.

Sunee plaza bar "Green chairs bar" A few regular customers. No boys in the staff.

Rainbow bar Some nights there it can be relatively busy, other nights very slow. Sometimes they have 1-2 boys there.
Jun

Re: Sunee plaza update October 2023

Post by Jun »

Thank you for the update.
SP55 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:42 pm Nice boys gogo. A month ago they changed from boys in underwear to just shirtless boys in jeans. Customer drink: 200 baht. Boydrink: 300 baht. Off fee: 500 if drink has been bought for the boy, otherwise 600 baht.
No reason to visit here then. My last time in this bar was Dec 2021 and I haven't even bothered looking through the door since, despite walking past many times.
Either charge 200 baht and have undressed boys, or if they have jeans on, it's like a host bar and needs to charge host bar prices.
SP55 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:42 pmWinnerboys gogo The most popular bar in Sunee plaza
Well deserved popularity.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Jun wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:07 pm No reason to visit here then.
According to the poster Shonen on gayguides forum yesterday, Niceboys have not only changed their clothing policy but also the boys no longer show off what they got in their jeans on stage anylonger. If true, that would be a no reason for me to visit anymore. Such a shame. It used to be such a fun, naughty and reasonably priced bar in the past.
Sounds to me like they´re trying to become a thai style boy karaoke with dressed boys aimed at the thai/asian market. Just look how boring and expensive BoyzBoyzBoyz became when they did similar changes a few years ago.
Jun

Post by Jun »

SP55 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:48 pm.
Sounds to me like they´re trying to become a thai style boy karaoke with dressed boys aimed at the thai/asian market.
Well, if that's what the Asian customers REALLY want, good luck to them
I remember proposing a visit to Toolbox bar to a younger Chinese friend, when our paths happened to cross in Phnom Penh. Once he heard they would be wearing at least something on stage, he wasn't interested. So, as common sense would suggest, not all Asians want to be bored by boys in jeans.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

To the best of my knowledge there are no laws or ordinances prohibiting go-go boys from wearing just their briefs. I believe legally they are not permitted to be totally nude (and I'm not certain about that), but I know of nothing that says they have to wear jeans. If they can wear speedos at the beach or at the pool, then why should it be prohibited onstage?

I am guessing that the bars are, for whatever reasons, are coming up with the jeans on their own. And I don't believe for a second that the reason is tea money or anything else to do with the police.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Winner Boys still has boys in underwear, as confirmed by SP55.
Also, walk down the hill from Nice Boys, cross the road and you will probably find girls nude. Well technically they wear something, but not covering their private parts. I checked about 2 years ago.

Meanwhile, according to Facebook, Dodo Bar in Jomtien has lads dancing in shorts. Nicer boys, less clothing and probably about half the drink price of Nice Boys. A host bar that's putting on a better show than a so called gogo ?

Given my taste in boys, Nice Boys has been irrelevant for years.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:52 pm To the best of my knowledge there are no laws or ordinances prohibiting go-go boys from wearing just their briefs. I believe legally they are not permitted to be totally nude (and I'm not certain about that), but I know of nothing that says they have to wear jeans. If they can wear speedos at the beach or at the pool, then why should it be prohibited onstage?

I am guessing that the bars are, for whatever reasons, are coming up with the jeans on their own. And I don't believe for a second that the reason is tea money or anything else to do with the police.
You are completely right about that. It has nothing to do with laws or teamoney. It´s about what image the bars want to have and to whom they want to reach out to. It is obvious to me that the boybars in Pattaya see it as that they have easier to attract asian customers (of which many are young ladies) if the boys are more dressed. If that´s right or wrong I´m not sure - but that is how they see it.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Jun wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:37 pm Winner Boys still has boys in underwear, as confirmed by SP55.
Also, walk down the hill from Nice Boys, cross the road and you will probably find girls nude. Well technically they wear something, but not covering their private parts. I checked about 2 years ago.

Meanwhile, according to Facebook, Dodo Bar in Jomtien has lads dancing in shorts. Nicer boys, less clothing and probably about half the drink price of Nice Boys. A host bar that's putting on a better show than a so called gogo ?

Given my taste in boys, Nice Boys has been irrelevant for years.
I sometimes visit lady gogo bars. There are several bars in Pattaya where the girls are topless. And also bars where they wear nothing at all. That however probably costs the bars alot in teamoney. I can add that the gogo bars where the girls run around naked are packed with customers. So it is apparently appreciated with the crowds of potential customers.
In the boy bars it is the opposite. For many years now boys are getting more and more dressed in the gogos, and fewer and fewer customers go to gogo bars anymore. There is not even any gogo bar anymore that has barefeet boys, even though thaiboys almost always have bare feet when indoors. But in gogo bars they dress up with socks and shoes. It is high on my "I don´t get it"-list.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Sunee plaza has gotten an active page on Facebook again. The link is:
https://www.facebook.com/people/Sunee-p ... 811910128/
atri1666

Post by atri1666 »

One question. Is there still the Elephant Plaza Hotel open? I saw Marina Inn still open for bookings. Thanks