Thais killed, injured, kidnapped, taken hostage in Hamas attack on Israel

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Thais killed, injured, kidnapped, taken hostage in Hamas attack on Israel

Post by Gaybutton »

In my opinion, no matter which side might have your sympathies, nothing, absolutely nothing, justifies killing, harming, and taking hostages of foreign nationals who have nothing to do with the conflict. Why would Hamas take Thai hostages, along with other foreign nationals? The only reason I can see for it would be an attempt to blackmail their home countries from rendering aid to Israel - and so far I have seen no news about any country even offering aid to either side and I haven't seen any news about either side asking for any.

These people should be taken to neutral territory and immediately released and any injured should be receiving competent medical attention.

Feel free to post your own opinions.

2 Thais killed, 8 injured, 11 kidnapped in Hamas attack on Israel

by Wassana Nanuam

October 8, 2023 - as of 2:35pm, Thailand time

Two Thais are now known to have died during the Hamas attacks on Israel on Saturday, the premier said after arriving in Hong Kong on Sunday afternoon.

Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin said he had received a report from Pannabha Chandraramya, Thai ambassador to Tel Aviv, that one more Thai national had perished in the conflict, raising the toll to two.

The ambassador said people of many nationalities had been kidnapped by Hamas militants, and battles were continuing along the border of the Gaza Strip. Israel had reoccupied only two areas, but neither contained workplaces for Thais, she said.

Foreign Affairs Minister Parnpree Bahiddha-Nukara said eight Thai people were injured and 11 Thais were captured.

Of the eight injured Thais, five were admitted to hospital and three others were awaiting rescue, the minister said.

Earlier on Sunday, Mr Srettha said a Thai worker was killed and about 11 others were captured during the Hamas attacks, while a total sky lockdown was delaying evacuations.

Before his overseas trip set from Sunday to Thursday, Mr Srettha said at Wing 6 in Don Muang there was an unconfirmed report that one Thai was killed and about 11 others were detained in Israel. He had not been informed of the exact number of injured Thai people there.

The prime minister said he would use all available diplomatic means to have the Thai victims freed. "They are innocent and have nothing to do with any conflict," he said.

There had yet to be a confirmed report on the whereabouts of the affected Thais, and people in Israel were ordered to stay home during ongoing lockdown measures, Mr Srettha said.

The air force was readying transport aircraft for the evacuation of Thai people from Israel where "the situation remains of concern," he said.

He advised the Thai ambassador in Israel to keep the aircraft on standby near Israel for quick evacuation when it is possible. However, the Israeli sky remained completely closed, he said.

One flight could carry 423 people, the prime minister said. There were about 25,000 Thai workers in Israel and about 5,000 of them were in locked-down areas.

Mr Srettha excluded Deputy Foreign Minister Jakkapong Sangmanee from his trip delegation and ordered him to remain in the country to oversee operations concerning the situation in Israel.

During this trip Mr Srettha will visit Hong Kong, Brunei, Malaysia and Singapore.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/po ... 1-detained

Thai workers in Israel held hostage, one possibly injured

By THE NATION

October 8, 2023

A Thai worker in Mishmeret, an agricultural community in central Israel may have been injured, while a Thai couple is being detained by Palestinian militants, according to Thai Foreign Ministry's initial reports

Currently, there are about 5,000 Thai nationals residing in the area near the Gaza Strip.

The Thai embassy in Israel reported that on Saturday, at around 6.30am local time (10.30am Thailand time), missiles rained on Israel, from the border with the Gaza Strip to the central part of the country, including Tel Aviv, neighbouring cities, and Netivot. The embassy has disseminated videos instructing Thai nationals in Israel on what to do when emergency warning signals are fired.

Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin and Foreign Minister Panpree Phathithanukorn have told the embassy to take care of Thai nationals and closely monitor the situation.

Israel has declared an emergency within an 80-kilometre radius of the Gaza Strip, including Tel Aviv, and has opened public bomb shelters in various cities. The Ministry of Tourism of Israel has issued warnings to tourists.

The Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesperson said the ministry would closely monitor the situation and give regular updates. Affected Thai nationals can contact the Thai embassy on (+972) 546368150 and the Operations Centre for the Protection and Welfare of Thai Nationals Abroad on 02 5751047-51.

https://www.nationthailand.com/thailand ... l/40031702

PM Srettha denounces attacks on Israel

By THE NATION

October 8, 2023

Thai Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin has strongly condemned the attacks in Israel on Saturday that left hundreds dead and thousands injured.

Hamas fighters launched thousands of missile strikes from Gaza into various areas in Israel and also infiltrated, going on a killing spree and taking hostages.

Srettha expressed concern regarding reports of Thai citizens in Israel being captured by hostile forces. The Thai government is currently confirming the information with Israeli authorities.

Srettha stated via his official social media account: "I condemn the attacks in Israel, attacks that are inhumane, causing innocent lives to be lost and injuries. I express my deepest condolences to the Israeli government and people. This incident should not have happened, and I join the global community in condemning such actions."

"I have ordered the Air Force to prepare Airbus A340 and C-130 aircraft for the immediate evacuation of Thai citizens from Israel. Assistant to Air Force Chief Air Chief Marshal Panpakdi Pattanakul is aware and ready to execute the operation. I am closely monitoring the situation along with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. We are deeply concerned about reports that two or more Thai nationals have been captured. We are currently verifying information with Israeli authorities. The Air Force and medical emergency units are making preparations. I want all Thai citizens to return home safely."

Earlier, Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin had stated through his official X account: "I am aware of the situation in Israel, where there have been reports of rockets from Gaza hitting and causing casualties. The situation remains unsettled, and a state of war has been declared in Israel."

"I am deeply concerned about Thai citizens. Several provinces' governors have coordinated with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, reporting that some Thai workers have been affected. The government has expedited urgent assistance. I urge the Thai Embassy in Tel Aviv to provide immediate and full assistance to Thai citizens. Thai citizens in Israel can contact the Embassy's Hotline at +972 54 6368150 24 hours daily."

Meanwhile, Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Panpree Phathithanukorn said: "We have not received any reports of Thai citizens being injured or losing their lives in the current incident. Please wait for official confirmation to avoid confusion.”

The situation in Israel remains unclear. Currently, the Thai ambassador to Israel is in a shelter, unable to communicate or provide updates. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is making efforts to contact and closely monitor the situation.

Foreign Minister Panpree said that the prime minister had instructed the Air Force to prepare aircraft immediately for the evacuation of Thai citizens if necessary. They can take off immediately. The Air Force has kept Airbus A340 and C-130 planes ready for the evacuation of Thai citizens from Israel.

Regarding the Airbus A340-500 and C-130 planes, which were previously used to evacuate Thai citizens from earthquakes in Turkey and unrest in Sudan, preparations include assessing the readiness of the destination airport, medical air transport, security measures, and more. The mission will be executed immediately upon government orders.

The journey to Israel requires crossing the airspace of up to nine countries, taking approximately 9 hours. Coordination with the destination country is necessary to confirm the availability of airspace for landing. If unavailable, the planes would land in nearby countries before evacuating Thai citizens back home, the foreign minister said.

The Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs stated on its Facebook page: "If Thai citizens in Israel need urgent assistance, please contact the Royal Thai Embassy at +972 546368150. For those who need additional information or wish to inquire about relatives in Israel, please contact the Department of Consular Affairs' Call Center at +662 5728442 (24 hours) and the Emergency Protection and Assistance Unit for Thai nationals abroad at +66 64-019-8530, +66 64-019-8907, +66 99-616-4786, or +662 5751047-51, +662 575 1053 (during office hours).

https://www.nationthailand.com/thailand ... l/40031701
Gaybutton

Re: Thais killed, injured, kidnapped, taken hostage in Hamas attack on Israel

Post by Gaybutton »

The latest report says Hamas is holding hostage 11 Thai nationals.

PM prepares to evacuate Thais from Israel

Embassy checking reports of Thai workers kidnapped by Hamas fighters, one other Thai wounded

October 7, 2023

Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin has ordered the air force to prepare to evacuate Thai nationals from Israel as fighting between Israel and Hamas militants from Gaza intensifies.

“I want all Thai people to return home safely,” Mr Srettha said in a statement on his X (Twitter) account on Saturday night.

The statement came amid reports that two Thai workers had been kidnapped by Hamas fighters who had crossed into Israel, and had been taken back to Gaza.

The Thai embassy in Tel Aviv, along with Thai military attaches there, is trying to verify the reports, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a post on X.

An image posted online, showing the Hamas flag in the top left, purports to show captured Thai and Filipino workers in a darkened room, with a rifle pointed at them.

The embassy has been checking the reports with Israeli authorities but has been unable to confirm the information, said ministry spokesperson Kanchana Patarachoke.

One Thai national was shot in the leg during the Hamas incursion into Israel on Saturday, she said.

The injured person was identified only as a worker at a moshav (agricultural settlement) in Mivtahim, just 8km from the boundary of the Gaza Strip.

Ms Kanchana said the embassy had contacted the person, who was in good spirits, and arranged to have a doctor provide online medical consultation. Details of the person’s name, age or gender are not known.

Mr Srettha, meanwhile, said he had ordered the Royal Thai Air Force to prepare Airbus A340 and C-130 aircraft to evacuate Thai people from Israel immediately.

ACM Phanpakdee Pattanakul, the air force commander, has acknowledged the request and is ready to take action, the prime minister said.

“We strongly condemn this attack, which has tragically resulted in the loss of innocent lives and injuries to civilians,” Mr Srettha said. “We are extremely concerned for the safety of all foreigners, including Thai nationals.

“We are in close contact with the relevant authorities to ensure the safety and protection of our Thai citizens in Israel, which is of utmost priority. We also hope that the difficult situation in Israel will soon be overcome.”

About 5,000 Thais, out of some 25,000 working across Israel, are employed in areas around the Gaza Strip.

The early morning rocket barrage launched from the Gaza Strip by Hamas, along with incursions by Hamas fighters who have killed at least 40 Israeli civilians, appear to have caught Israel by surprise. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu declared the country was “at war”.

Israel has declared emergency areas in an 80-kilometre range from the Gaza Strip, including Tel Aviv. Bunkers have been opened in many towns and more soldiers have been deployed.

Two Thai workers were killed and eight others wounded in a Palestinian rocket strike on an Israeli farm just over the Gaza border in April 2021.

That incident prompted Thai officials to review the risk facing workers in border area communities near the Gaza Strip.

Thai workers in Israel enjoy most of the same labour protections as their Israeli counterparts. If foreign workers are killed or wounded because of a war-risk hazard, Israeli authorities take full responsibility and pay compensation.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... rom-israel

Thai Prime Minister Gives Update on Situation in Israel and Thais Killed and Injured

By Adam Judd

8 October, 2023

At 9:30 PM, on October 7th, 2023, Mr Srettha Thavisin and Minister of Finance tweeted on ‘X’, “I condemn the attack on Israel by Hamas. These are inhumane attacks that cost innocent lives and caused many injuries. And, I would like to express my deepest condolences to the government and people of Israel.”

Mr. Srettha gave a command to the Royal Thai Air Force to ready Airbus A340s and C-130s to evacuate Thai people from the warzone in Israel. There are approximately 25,000 to 30,000 Thais in Israel, noted Srettha and each return flight can handle about 450 people. It is unclear how many Thais will choose to be evacuated.

Mr. Srettha also stated his concerns about an unidentified number of Thai workers in Israel that were captured and injured by Hamas. Currently, confirmation of the accurate number from Israeli officials is in process. He wishes for all Thai people to safely return back home.

As of Sunday afternoon, October 8th, 2023, Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin stated on his social media accounts and confirmed that two Thai citizens had died during Hamas attacks on Israel.

Deputy Prime Minister Phumtham Wechayachai also stated that eight Thai people were injured, with two in critical condition and 11 more Thais captured. Additionally, he stated that the Minister of Foreign Affairs had suspended all other duties temporarily and was only focused on helping to evacuate Thais in need in Israel and work with Israel authorities to assist them.

https://tpnnational.com/2023/10/08/thai ... d-injured/
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I have seen a report saying some of the Thai hostages may have been released, but no confirmation of that as yet.

12 Thais killed in Israel, 11 abducted, evacuations planned

At least 1,000 Thai workers there want to return home

October 9, 2023

Employers report that 12 Thai workers in Israel were confirmed killed, nine injured and 11 abducted by Hamas, and 1,099 Thai workers there want to leave and planes are being readied to bring them home, the Foreign Ministry said on Monday.

Spokeswoman Kanchana Patarachoke said employers in Israel reported the death toll. Thai authorities were still confirming the names of the Thai victims, before forwarding the sad confirmation to their relatives.

"It is difficult to obtain an official confirmation, so the names (of the dead victims) are not being revealed yet," she said.

The spokeswoman said nine Thai people were injured, and 11 others were taken away as captives. The abducted Thais were among 100 or more civilians taken by the Hamas attackers. They also took Israelis, French, German and Georgian nationals.

Ms Kanchana said 1,099 Thai workers there had now expressed their desire to return to Thailand. The government was arranging evacuation, repatriation and rescue channels to help them, and those who were abducted.

The violence continued in Israel and the Israeli defence ministry intended to evacuate all civilians from cities near Gaza Strip within 24 hours.

There are about 30,000 Thais working in Israel and about 5,000 of them near the Gaza Strip.

Israel's Tel Aviv airport remained operational but many airlines were cancelling flights through there because of the war, and the frequency was reported to be down by half.

The Royal Thai Air Force has prepared its Airbus 340 and five C-130 transport aircraft for the repatriation of Thai workers from Israel. Sources said the government would also arrange for chartered flights as needed.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... ns-planned
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

The only update I have found this morning (it's 6:00am in Thailand at the time of this post) is Hamas threatening to start killing hostages. I'm not posting lengthy articles about it since most of you are already likely aware of the threat.

My guess is if they do that, they'll start with Israeli hostages.

Of course, if and when more information comes out about Thais caught up in this, it will be posted.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Caught in the crossfire

Thousands of Thai workers in Israel have hard decisions to make

October 10, 2023

Nupha Phansa-at, 63, still left in a state of shock after learning that her son, Somkhwan, who had gone to work on a banana plantation in Israel, was probably one of the workers killed in an attack carried out as a new round of the Israel-Gaza conflict erupted on Saturday.

Her daughter, Somkhwan's older sister, called Ms Nupha at 4am on Sunday to inform her that she had seen some pictures of the victims' bodies on social media, and one had looked like Somkhwan.

And as soon as Ms Nupha was shown the picture, she recognised her son's shirt and trousers and knew her worst fears had been realised.

The shocking news was followed by numerous visits from various local officials who came to Ms Nupha's home in tambon Khamin in Kalasin's Muang district to offer moral support and discuss ways to bring Somkhwan's body back to Thailand for the funeral.

"Before the bad news came, my son, who usually called me on the phone from Israel, recently told me the situation there was unusual. I then told him to come home," she said. "I didn't want his money but him to come home safe."

After that conversation, his mother later learnt that her son had fallen ill and planned on discussing a return home with his Israeli employer. It was a conversation he was never to have.

Somkhwan, a former soldier, left Thailand on Nov 9 last year for a five-year work contract in Israel after getting married and moving to Nakhon Phanom.

He borrowed 120,000 baht to pay for the trip to Israel, where he earned 80,000 baht a month, his mother said.

Suphachai Waengkham, a senior official at Kalasin's Office of Employment, said 121 out of the 230 workers from the province who went to work in Israel lived and worked in the south of the country near where the violence took place.

In Chaiyaphum, Sombat Traisak, deputy provincial governor, revealed on Monday that 772 workers from this province have gone to work lawfully in Israel while authorities continue to work on identifying an additional group who did so illegally.

In Phu Khieo district of Chaiyaphum, Sairung Miwut was fortunate enough to reestablish contact with her husband, Worachet.

In a video call with Worachet, who works as a webmaster, Ms Sairung expressed her wish for him to come home immediately despite his wanting to see how the situation plays out first.

"Let me stay here for a while longer. Many others are likely to do the same as we all need more money to send back home. I can't really say when I will leave Israel. I will have to wait and see," Mr Worachet was heard telling his wife during the video call.

In a village in Nakhon Phanom's Phon Sawan district, Sa Tonsoki, 58, mother of Phatthayut Tonsoki, 40, still hasn't been able to reach her son since the attacks erupted.

The Bangkok Post on Monday talked to Natthawut Nakmao, a 30-year-old Thai worker in Israel and Nakhon Ratchasima native, by video link.

He said he was safe and still working as he lived in an area far away from the violence. However, he said he was very much concerned about the safety of a fellow worker from the same village in Nakhon Ratchasima who was working in the war zone.

Mr Natthawut said he hasn't been able to contact his friend Phongsathon ever since the attack started.

Unfortunately, a man identified as Phongsathon was named among the 11 Thai workers taken hostage during Saturday's attacks, said Atsuek Chanahan, acting Nakhon Ratchasima governor.

A check of the official record of Thai workers in Israel showed there is only one Phongsathon who is actually from Nakhon Ratchasima, he said.

The worker's last name is Khunsi, and he is 25 years old, said Mr Atsuek, adding that this particular worker had lived and worked in southern Israel for over a year before Saturday's attack.

Now, the family of this Phongsathon in Nakhon Ratchasima have their fingers crossed and are anxiously hoping their relative isn't the same Phongsathon being held hostage.

A total of 2,163 workers from Nakhon Ratchasima took up agricultural work in Israel, said Mr Atsuek.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... -crossfire
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

The Thai death toll in Israel has risen to 18. Several thousand Thais want to return to Thailand, but Thailand's plans to send military aircraft to evacuate Thais is now on hold. While Israel is still allowing commercial and charter flights, they are not allowing military flights.

I didn't realize that many Israelis are currently in Thailand. I wonder what Thailand will do about those who cannot go home or are afraid to go home, especially if they start running out of money. Also, although El Al is still flying to Israel, no telling how long that will continue. Apparently El Al is the only airline available from Thailand to Israel, but Israelis currently in Thailand might have arrived on different airlines. It could be a very expensive proposition for them to return home on El Al unless El Al will honor their tickets from other airlines. No reports about that yet.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Tourist turmoil: Thailand grapples with 10,000 unexpected Israeli guests amid conflict aftermath

By Jimmy Donovan

October 10, 2023

Thailand is currently hosting approximately 10,000 Israeli tourists, a situation that arose due to the recent Israel-Gaza conflict. The country’s Tourism and Sports Ministry is monitoring the effects of this situation on its tourism sector.

Sudawan Wangsuphakijkosol, Tourism and Sports Minister stated that while numerous airlines have suspended flights between Thailand and Israel, El Al Airlines, Israel’s national airline, has maintained its regular flight schedule. Additionally, all airlines have provided options for flight cancellations and delays to support travellers affected by the ongoing conflict.

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) and the Tourism Department have been directed by the ministry to track the situation closely and ensure the welfare of any tourists stranded in the country.

Siripakorn Cheawsamoot, the TAT deputy governor for Europe, Africa, the Middle East and the Americas, noted that outbound flights to Israel are nearly fully booked, indicating a potential shortage due to Israelis’ concerns for their families.

“El Al will continue to operate 11 flights per week between Israel and Thailand, including 8-9 flights to Bangkok and 2-3 flights to Phuket.”

In the case of stranded tourists, the agency plans to collaborate with private operators to offer assistance, such as temporary accommodation and food provisions.

Inbound tourism from Israel

Cheawsamoot acknowledged that the conflict would likely impact inbound tourism from Israel, which has seen about 190,000 visitors in the first nine months, nearing the annual total of 194,081 tourists in 2019. He noted that this market typically stays for an average of 18 days, often travelling as family units or as remote workers.

Projecting the impact on nearby markets is premature, according to Cheawsamoot. He believes the geopolitical conflict in the Middle East will have lesser repercussions on European markets than the Ukraine war, which has strained European economies due to sanctions. In the first nine months, Thailand received 4.1 million European tourists, with the number expected to hit six million this year.

The TAT anticipates at least 800,000 visitors from the Middle East this year, including the Israeli market.

Suksit Suvunditkul, president of the Thai Hotels Association’s southern chapter, stated that the Israeli market in Phuket had grown by 623% in the first nine months of this year, attracting 51,651 visitors. This is a significant increase from 2019, which saw 12,746 visitors in the same period, reported Bangkok Post.

While some Israeli guests have cancelled their trips to return home due to the attacks, the effect on Phuket’s hotels has not been severe. Although Israel is recognised as an emerging market this year, its visitor numbers are relatively small compared to other major markets, such as Russia.

https://thethaiger.com/news/business/th ... ism-impact
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs Gives Another Update on the Israel Situation

By Goongnang Suksawat

10 October, 2023

1. Mrs. Kanchana Patarachoke, Director-General of the Department of Information and MFA Spokesperson held a press conference regarding the situation in Israel and impact on Thai nationals. She was joined, via videocall, by Ms. Pannabha Chandraramya, Ambassador of Thailand to Israel (Amb), who provided updates and preparations being made by the Royal Thai Embassy in Tel Aviv (RTE) to evacuate Thai nationals.

2. Overview of Situation

2.1 Before providing updates, Amb expressed her condolences to family members of Thai nationals who have been affected and assured that Team Thailand in Israel is doing its best to protect and assist Thai nationals through constant coordination with the relevant Israeli authorities.

2.2 Updates from RTE on the ongoing situation in Israel and the Gaza Strip, include developments that are particularly related to the Israel Defense Forces regaining control of territory and evacuating civilians from 15 of the 24 towns in the Gaza Strip area. The Israeli military and relevant Israeli agencies have evacuated hundreds of civilians, including Thai nationals, from at-risk areas within 4 km. of the Gaza Strip towards safe zones.

2.3 Furthermore, the Israeli police is investigating people who have been reported missing and is using technology to facilitate facial recognition. This is being coordinated closely with RTE.

3. Impact/Status of Thai nationals

3.1 Number of deaths: 18 (according to unofficial reports from employers, pending official confirmation from Israeli authorities)

3.2 Number of injuries: 9

3.3 Number of Thai nationals taken hostage: 11

3.4 Number of Thai nationals who have registered for voluntary repatriation: approximately 3,226 (there are approximately 5,000 Thai nationals in the Gaza Strip area)

4. Evacuation of Thai Nationals

4.1 RTE has arranged for the initial repatriation of 15 Thai nationals this Wed (11 Oct.) via El Al. This includes injured Thai nationals who are fit for travel and Thai nationals who have been transferred to safe zones, who are scheduled to arrive at Suvarnabhumi Airport on Thursday (12 Oct.) The next repatriation of 80 Thai nationals is scheduled for next Wed (18 Oct.).

4.2 MFA Spokesperson updated that various countries, mostly European, have likewise started to repatriate their nationals.

5. Government action/next steps

5.1 Communications with Foreign Governments

The Ambassadors of Thailand to Israel’s neighbouring countries have contacted the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in their host country to discuss alternative evacuation routes for Thai nationals and any other assistance the Thai nationals may require. Regarding those abducted, Thailand is using every diplomatic and other channel possible, to convey our concerns and request for assistance for this group. The Thai Government is following up very closely.

5.2 Communications with the Government of Israel

Yesterday night (9 Oct.), Mr. Parnpree Bahiddha-Nukara, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs of Thailand (DPM/FM) received a phone call from Mr. Eli Cohen, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Israel. Minister Cohen expressed his condolences for Thai nationals who have been affected by the State of War in Israel and reassured that the Government of Israel will do its best to protect Thai nationals. He recalled that Thai nationals are not only situated in the Gaza Strip area, but that they are spread out throughout Israel, which makes it difficult to mobilize them all to safe zones.

DPM/FM stressed that the Thai Government attaches utmost importance to the safety and well-being of Thai nationals in Israel and requested the Israeli side to expedite the rescue of innocent civilians, including Thai nationals, who have been taken hostage. He also requested the Israeli side to verify and officially confirm the number of injuries and deaths of Thai nationals as soon as possible, as the Thai side awaits official verification from Israeli authorities.

5.3 Communication channels

MFA Spokesperson recalled MFA’s hotlines, LINE Openchat, and Facebook page for assistance regarding the situation in Israel.

https://tpnnational.com/2023/10/10/thai ... situation/
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

The stories and individual experience reports are getting far too numerous to post them all here.

For this morning, no changes in the number of Thai deaths or hostages. Negotiations are underway in an effort to set free the Thai hostages. Over 30,000 Thais reported to be working in Israel, with 5000 still in danger zones, and over 2000 registered to return to Thailand on evacuation flights.

Families of these victims who are in Thailand are being interviewed to see what, if any, help they may need and the government will try to help them.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

The Thais who are working in Israel are fairly safe right now...it's the 2,000 Thais who are stranded in Gaza who are up shits creek.

How can Thailand be negotiating with Israel about anything - because the Thais who are there are not being held captive. There are no negotiations. The only thing they need to return home is an airplane. You gotta luv the Thai Press!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Airplanes may be exactly what is being negotiated. Thailand wants to send in military aircraft, but Israel is currently allowing Only commercial and chartered aircraft.