Arab Motorcycle Scum Return

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Arab Motorcycle Scum Return

Post by Undaunted »

Pattaya Residents Urge Authorities to Put an End to Foreign Motorbike Gangs

By THE NATION

July 14, 2023

Residents of tourist city Pattaya in Chonburi province have urged police to investigate gangs of motorcycle riders in the sois off South Pattaya Road in Bang Lamung district whose behaviour at night has become a noisy nuisance.

The gangs, mostly made up of Arabian tourists aged 17 to 25, have been racing bikes at high speed in Soi VC Residence Hotel and Soi Yensabai from around midnight onwards, a Pattaya resident told the Nation on Thursday.

Some are using bikes with modified tailpipes to up the noise level, he said, adding that those who did not participate in the race also rode their bikes up and down the street in the pack, without observing the traffic laws.

The resident said that this has been going on for about two months and that these tourists were mostly using rental bikes from local businesses.

“We want police and related authorities to look into these gangs that have been causing such a nuisance and jeopardising the safety of other motorists in Pattaya,” he said. “We also ask that they check the local bike rental shops to make sure that they only provide street-legal vehicles to tourists.”

Bike rental is a popular business in the eastern resort city as it offers affordable and fast transport for tourists wishing to visit local markets, attractions and beaches of Pattaya. Prices start from 150 baht per day.

Story and photos: https://www.nationthailand.com/thailand ... l/40029359
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Re: Arab Motorcycle Scum Return

Post by Gaybutton »

This has been going on for 2 months? Apparently, as usual, the police are ignoring it. They never seem to do much of anything until there has been enough publicity to force a crackdown. And when we're really lucky, those crackdowns sometimes last as long as a week.

I hope this time around they will start heavy fines - very heavy fines for the lawbreakers - and start severely punishing the outfits that rent these motorbikes to these fine gentlemen in the first place, especially if they don't keep copies of their passports, international driving permits for motorbikes, and copies of their home country driving licenses - and making damned sure the paperwork handed to them truly belongs to the person renting the motorbike. If the people renting those motorbikes fail to produce any of those, then they are being permitted to rent illegally. I don't recall ever seeing the rental outfits punished in any way.

These people come to Pattaya every year and do the same things. For most of them, that's probably the only reason they come to Pattaya at all. Nobody is going to convince me that the police are not fully aware of it. And don't give me the excuse that stopping them hurts tourism income. Not enough of them to put a dent in it, but plenty of them tho hurt tourism income because tourists avoid that area because of them

Every year when this gets started and the police do little or nothing about it, that ends up on my "I Don't Get It" list. WHY are they seemingly so hesitant to do very much about these irresponsible morons? They don't mind fining people riding a motorbike without a helmet. So who gave these lawbreakers near immunity?
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:40 pmI hope this time around they will start heavy fines - very heavy fines for the lawbreakers - and start severely punishing the outfits that rent these motorbikes to these fine gentlemen in the first place
If this follows normal practice, they will collect bribes and not at a level which stops the problem.

I also wonder whether they prefer to put up the routine roadblocks to catch nice compliant Thais & farang than chase after the Arabs, who might take more effort to catch and be more obnoxious when caught ?
Some people like to stay as far away as possible from the scum & perhaps the police have the same sentiments.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Noisy Arabian Motorbike Racers in Pattaya Chastised by Residents and Tourists

By Tanakorn Panyadee

14 July, 2023

Pattaya residents and tourists have complained once again about noisy Arabian motorbike racers racing on the streets in the middle of the night.

In the early hours of Friday, July 14th, 2023, several young Middle Eastern foreigners were reported to have revved up their bikes and raced up and down Soi VC and Soi Yensabai in South Pattaya. This disruptive behavior disturbed both residents and tourists residing in the alleys.

For a long time, Soi VC and Soi Yensabai have been a rendezvous for foreign bikers, especially Arabian tourists. Most of them are around 25 years old or as young as 17, according to a resident in Soi Yensabai who asked to keep his name confidential.

The resident said the bikers drove dangerously without regard for traffic rules, blocked traffic, and made loud noises that ruined other people’s sleeps. He also said none of them ever wore helmets, had licenses, insurance, registration, or followed other proper road laws and rules.

The concerned resident feared that the delinquents might crash into someone in the future and harm themselves or others.

In August 2022, a group of over 30 Middle Eastern bikers were arrested in Pattaya for racing illegally and causing a nuisance at night.

After receiving continuous complaints, the Pattaya police coordinated with the motorbike rental agents in the city and ordered them to thoroughly check for renters’ driving licenses and collect their detailed information.

TPN notes that motorbike rental companies are only supposed to rent to people with proper driving licenses and paperwork. They are also supposed to make it clear that customers must wear helmets, follow road laws, and respect the rules of the country.

Pattaya police are investigating the issue and planning on cracking down in the area where young racers are continually spotted.

Story and photos: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/07/14/n ... -tourists/
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

These motorcycle rental shops around Sunee depend almost entirely on young Arabs without proper licenses etc. so one can only assume they pay tea money so the BIB look the other way and once in a rare while make a “show of force”…Lol
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:18 pm one can only assume they pay tea money so the BIB look the other way
Unfortunately it would come as no surprise to me if that is exactly right.
Jun

Post by Jun »

A nailed on certainty, in my opinion.

The brown shirt mafia are frequently policing traffic, but they turn a blind eye to the most reckless, anti-social and dangerous offences.

There are only so many possible explanations.
1 Bribery
2 Indolence, as it's undoubtedly easier to collect bribes from slow moving targets than to do some proper policing with the scum
3 Preferring to deal with nicer people
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I think just as much blame goes to the motorbike shops because they are enabling it. I doubt that even one of the motorbike rental outfits bothered to check these people to see if they have a valid passport, valid home country driving license, or valid international driving permit, let alone bothering to make copies of any of it. I believe it's "You've got cash? Hand it over. Great. Here's the motorbike. Y'all drahv careful now, heah?"

Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:56 pmI think just as much blame goes to the motorbike shops because they are enabling it
Normally, rental companies objectives are to rent out their assets & comply with any laws that are enforced (TIT).

The law enforcement is supposed to be the responsibility of the police, but of course a certain police forces are notoriously corrupt (TIT).

Or to put it another way, if I hire a car off Hertz and then drive it through Pattaya at 100mph, who do you think should be responsible for recurrence prevention ?
The hire company or the police ?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:20 pm if I hire a car off Hertz and then drive it through Pattaya at 100mph, who do you think should be responsible for recurrence prevention ?
The hire company or the police ?
If the company failed to meet their legal requirements, then both. With the motorbike maniacs neither the company nor the police are living up to their responsibilities. If they were, would this keep happening year after year?