Arab Motorcycle Scum Return

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: Arab Motorcycle Scum Return

Post by Jun »

Pattaya News wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:36 pmArab killed in motorbike accident last night on Sukhumvit.
I have zero sympathy for the Arabs. Death is what they deserve, if riding a 650cc bike at high speed in an urban area. Who the hell needs a 650cc bike in Pattaya ? 94 hp, top speed 159 mph

Unfortunately a Cambodian was also hurt.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Pattaya News wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:36 pm About 100 meters away from Mr. Boontai lay another two wounded men, both Arabian nationals although their exact country of origin was unclear.
I may turn out to be wrong, but their country of origin is perfectly clear to me. I feel very sorry for the Cambodian man. I would be lying if I said I feel even the least bit of sympathy at all for the other two, so Jun and I at least are in full agreement about that. I won't say they deserve death, but the fact that it happened due to their own deliberate actions, I can't say it bothers me.

Is there a question in anyone's mind whether the Arab driver was properly licensed, let alone either of them carrying any medical insurance? If he doesn't have proper medical insurance I wouldn't want his hospital bill. And I hope he is also held responsible for the Cambodian man's bills.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:28 pmAnd I hope he is also held responsible for the Cambodian man's bills.
I also feel sorry for the Cambodian guy, who is the only one getting sympathy from me.

Obviously I hope no innocent bystanders get hurt, but it's most unfortunate that the one hurt was from Cambodia. I suspect he might struggle with the expenses and low ranking foreigners getting injured might mean less chance of a proper crackdown.
bkkguy

Post by bkkguy »

"Arab Motorcycle scum"

"Death is what they deserve"

"Send in the army"

"Lock them up so they miss their flights home"

the fundamental issue here is a dysfunctional police force, yet the reactions here resort to responses that we would complain bitterly about if posted against us by homophobes on a straight forum!
I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

bkkguy wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:18 pm the reactions here resort to responses that we would complain bitterly about if posted against us by homophobes on a straight forum!
What on earth does one have to do with the other? When was the last time large groups of gay college students congregated in a foreign city and spent a couple months committing mayhem when they got there? I tried to make sense of your post. I failed.
Jun

Post by Jun »

bkkguy wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:18 pm "Arab Motorcycle scum"

"Send in the army"

the fundamental issue here is a dysfunctional police force, yet the reactions here resort to responses that we would complain bitterly about if posted against us by homophobes on a straight forum!
A fine example of misrepresenting comments by deliberately including only part of a quote.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

bkkguy wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:18 pm yet the reactions here resort to responses that we would complain bitterly about if posted against us by homophobes on a straight forum!
Good. Now you get to tell us your reaction.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

It looks like the Kuwaiti motorbike drivers aern't so popular in their country either.

https://www.kuwaittimes.com/prohibiting ... -business/
bkkguy

Post by bkkguy »

Jun wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:58 pm A fine example of misrepresenting comments by deliberately including only part of a quote.
"Arab Motorcycle scum"

From the Collins dictionary: "If you refer to people as scum, you are expressing your feelings of dislike and disgust for them."

this is the title of the thread - what context do you think I have left out here?

"Send in the army"

sorry I have looked back to the posts that I got these from and I don't really see the context that justifies such statements in a reasonable civil discussion that I thought we were supposed to be having here!
Gaybutton wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:32 pm Good. Now you get to tell us your reaction.
as I said the fundamental issue here is a dysfunctional police force, but I don't see any of the "solutions" proposed here to be any more likely to be implemented or more effective than police reform, so apart from making us feel better for having our 2 cents worth aired, what is really achieved?

Gaybutton wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:48 pm What on earth does one have to do with the other?
prostitution is as illegal in Thailand as motorcycle street racing, but we like prostitution and discuss it regularly here, and like to think of it as a "victimless crime", but prostitution and sex tourism/sexpats have a significant impact, probably more than Kwaiti motorcycle racing, else why does the rest Thailand look down so on Pattaya, and why do so many of our friends back home ask embarrassing questions about the time we spend there?

but not surprisingly, and no more justifiably, they use the same language as we see here - scum, lock them up, they deserve to get AIDS and die. I find it offensive there and I find it offensive here but we supposedly think we are having a much more civil discussion here!
I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

bkkguy wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:11 pm apart from making us feel better for having our 2 cents worth aired, what is really achieved?
The same thing media editorials, letters to editors, and other forms of public complaints really achieve - nothing. So what? Do you think it is better for us not to post our comments and opinions, even though we know it won't change anything? If that is so, then why did you submit your own post above?

I like being able to post my comments and opinions and I like being able to read the comments and opinions of others, whether anything will change or not as a result.